Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

where are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Sagat06 wrote: »
    where are you coming from?

Banbridge, in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Right so straight down the M1 on to the M50 all the way up as far as the Red Cow exit Junction 9 I think. Take the exit to Limerick Galway, then turn left almost immediately after the exit for the luas park and ride.

Its about €4.00 return on the luas for the day. takes about 30mins to get to Jervis St - give yourself an extra half hour though just in case. So all in about €8.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Neeknak wrote: »
    Any of you locals have any advice on cheap parking, close to the exchange?

City parking is a bollocks (€2.50 an hour on average), but both car parks on Jervis St have "capped" deals.

As you're driving up Jervis St from the river (it's one way) there's a car park on your left with a neon sign that I used to park at all the time when I was a rep, it's weekday parking rate caps at €12 between certain times (I think 9am and 6pm). I have no idea what the weekend rate is, but I hope it would be less.

There's also the Jervis shopping centre car park slightly further up the street on the right, I think it runs the same pricing as the other one.

I personally preference the neon-sign one on the left myself, because it's smaller and less busy, so you're likely to find a space/get in and out faster. Also if you can grab a ground floor space, you could run back and forth from the Exchange easily to get stuff from your car or drop stuff off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Here ye here ye...

To all gentlemen and scholars and those who are neither (street fighter players) ((That means you f**got))

Zorin himself shall be gracing you all with his sheer awe inspiring presence. He will also be bringing "The stick" for all to pine over. He still sucks ass at the game however and won't be entering because he needn't since he has "Team Zorin" alumni to uphold his illustrious name for him.

End of line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Oh it's hype now!

~24 hours till grand finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Thanks for the parking advice, chaps. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

What's the 'Latest' time you can reg for the tournaments at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I would aim for half hour before each tourney.

So 10 for Marvel and Blazblue, 12 for Street Fighter and 2:30 for Mortal Kombat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Orim wrote: »
    I would aim for half hour before each tourney.

So 10 for Marvel and Blazblue, 12 for Street Fighter and 2:30 for Mortal Kombat.

I don't think that's right - or is there ongoing registration?

I give you:
    ayjayirl wrote: »

9.30/9.45 (Trying to get exchange to open at 9.30 for us) - 10.15am registrations for all tournaments. Creation of brackets and layout of tourney structure. I will have a few people taking names at tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Reg for each tournament will start at 10.15 and I'll be giving MVC & BB priority as tehy start first but I'll be taking reg's for the other tourneys up until 1/2 hr before SSF4 and MK9.

1/2 will be the cut off though as we need to seed & make groups! The reason I started all early is so people who are playin in MVC can do all their reg's for SSSf4 etc at the same time so they can concentrate on the game!

GET HYPE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

MK9 get hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Yo ajay could i paypal you the money for a load of raffle tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You not going to be there Bush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No im not going. If i went i wouldnt enter the tourney so im not bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Good luck to all.

Hope it goes well. Sad I can't be there! Keep the twitter updates flowing an get some good vids and pics!

Does anyone honest want to buy me raffle tickets and let me pay them back on my return to Dublin? And not switch the tickets with theirs if I somehow win?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Quick question about mk9. Since it on xbox (still worried about that dam pad for this) but what patch is it running??? Heard the xbox version has some weird thing about the xbox not holding patch if it offline or something. Just wondering since I been playing updated version with some combo and damage/frame changes in it.

Tl:dr

Will it end up as everyone playing kung lao or will it be patched

bush wrote: »
    Yo ajay could i paypal you the money for a load of raffle tickets?

No.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Does anyone honest want to buy me raffle tickets and let me pay them back on my return to Dublin? And not switch the tickets with theirs if I somehow win?

I'll put one aside for you. Number 1.

Quick question about mk9. Since it on xbox (still worried about that dam pad for this) but what patch is it running??? Heard the xbox version has some weird thing about the xbox not holding patch if it offline or something. Just wondering since I been playing updated version with some combo and damage/frame changes in it.

I don't even understand the question tbh. I know little about MK9 but I am sure that can't be right. I'm also sure we'll have the xbox's witht he right version there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

we can go online with the xboxes if they have wireless so I am sure we can use the latest patch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

I just wanted to wish everyone competing tomorrow at the event Good Luck.

Thanks for the info dudes. I'll still be going out in the first round I say

google.com/m/place?hl=en_IE&cid=16539878553683930371

And this is the place right

Thanks for the info dudes. I'll still be going out in the first round I say

google.com/m/place?hl=en_IE&cid=16539878553683930371

And this is the place right

Yes thats the place and I will bring my xbox wireless adapter to make sure we can update if necessary :)

Yes thats the place and I will bring my xbox wireless adapter to make sure we can update if necessary :)

you sir are a god among men

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sent u posters AJ [give it 5min, uploading]
    if anyone can take pictures of posters in action, few angles, wud be great for my portfolio

good luck all, il try drop by if i get a chance.
    Please ENTER me in the raffle, honestly.

i did the site
    and the posters

give me some love
    plllllllllleeeeeeasee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I don't even understand the question tbh. I know little about MK9 but I am sure that can't be right. I'm also sure we'll have the xbox's witht he right version there.

MK's got a funny aul system for updates - it does stream the updates to the console when online and then they vanish offline. This way they get around having to pay Microsoft for having actual patches.
    I think the PS3 copies hold the changes offline though.
    Placebo wrote: »
    i did the site
    and the posters

give me some love
    plllllllllleeeeeeasee

You're very good, Farz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thank u sir but i meant , put me in the raffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Lads, I don't think I'm getting sleep tonight. I think you know what that is probably going to mean at the tournement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

When did the MK9 patch happen? I dont think thats happened til nextw eek or something

Advertisement