Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Thanks to AJ and everyone else who helped put this together for organising such a good tournement, it was super hype, especailly the finals. To all the lads who got footage of me sleeping.... thanks. :pac:

Beers was good as well though lets just say..... I got mistified. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That Misty vlog better be shown unedited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sounds like a good day

Cant wait for the misty log. Get hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

the whole day was great, event ran really well, happy enough with my play given how little I played since I came back and got talking to all the faces I haven't seen since I went to be a communist for a year.

also red man three hundred and fifty owes me half a pitcher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Best tournament. Thanks to AJ and friends for putting this together.

GGs to everyone I played. Drinks after were good craic too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Here's te most important part of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

ah lads..

Why am I stevo again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Despite playing some pretty bad street fighter (I say this after every tournament), yesterday was some good ****.

Great atmosphere, lots of new faces, most of the community supporting the hard ****ing efforts of others etc.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we need to do to keep our scene growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Just kinda thinking out loud but IF we were to have more majors specifically for fighting games, the Park Hotel in Dundalk is roughly half-way between Belfast and Dublin and has a nice looking conference room... regular tounrey plus a huge North vs South team tournament, with a stream? Maybe one day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doyler01 wrote: »
    ah lads..

Why am I stevo again?

Logic was not entering my thought process at the time!
    Despite playing some pretty bad street fighter (I say this after every tournament), yesterday was some good ****.

Great atmosphere, lots of new faces, most of the community supporting the hard ****ing efforts of others etc.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we need to do to keep our scene growing.

Agreed. 4 hype tournaments in one day, good attendance, swimming in new people, we should all get our thinking hats on.

Kanped wrote: »
    Just kinda thinking out loud but IF we were to have more majors specifically for fighting games, the Park Hotel in Dundalk is roughly half-way between Belfast and Dublin and has a nice looking conference room... regular tounrey plus a huge North vs South team tournament, with a stream? Maybe one day.

Indeed, would be awesome.

We shouldn't forget the shoe string nature of yesterday. The exchange have been exceptionally good to us from what I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I had to get up at 8 and drive from Dublin to Athlone unbelievably hungover to meet the priest that's going to do our wedding.

The priest made a funny face at one point at one stage and said we would have to cover up tatoos in the church.

I thought WTF, I'm wearing long sleeves. Looked at my hand, EVO stamp.
    Great day, I'm in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

great day yesterday thanks to aj and everybody else who helped the day become what it was. Congrats to the big winners and I have to say no offence to stevo your a fantastic player but hound losing broke my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Any chance of getting a Tekken, or Soulcalibur tournament at the next event also? To help the 3D fighter scene

Absolutely. Unfortunately nobody even asked about Tekken until a week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Great games to everyone I played yesterday, the only thing better than coming 9th is going out in groups!

Also really chuffed with winning the stick. I've already turned down an offer of a dual modded TE + €50, the look on bush's face at the next inferno is worth a hell of a lot more than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I've been mistified!

Grats to everyone who organised this, easily the best and best organised I've been to. Plenty of casuals no problems and no really long waits for tournament matches.

Mick Ross ftw

Personally, I don't think yesterday could have gone any better.

We had almost a perfect number of people for it to be a success, without being a safety (smell) issue.

The tournaments all ran well although it's a shame most of the BB crowd didn't show up, but Q-Con is what most of them having been looking forward to for a while, so can hardly blame them.

Although didn't get to see the final, I heard Onion was the well deserved winner. Obviously nobody knows he's weak to Psionic Blaster spam!

Delighted that the winner of SSFIV:AE can go and wants to go to Vegas, even if he is a drunken mess :P

Drinks after were great fun and long may this community continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Brilliant event, GGs to all I played.

Seriously impressed with the organisation, Ayjay pulled the whole event off perfectly. Cheers to him and everyone else involved in the organisational aspect of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hi guys,

I have tabulated results for yesterday. A good day by all accounts. With a bit of luck it will feed into Inferno and grow the scene. Congrats to all who won on the day as well as Red for 'winning' the other stick.

SSF4-AE
    1st Stevo
    2nd Hound
    3rd Azza
    4th Blag
    5th Dreddy
    5th Gram0
    7th Roogle
    7th Sagat
    9th Ramza
    9th Doom
    9th Doyler
    9th Sairus
    13th Ken
    13th AJ
    13th Onion
    13th Worst Gief Ever

MVC
    1st Onion
    2nd Blinn
    3rd Voa
    4th Dwy
    5th Doyler
    5th Ark Nutrient
    7th PPC
    7th Kanped
    9th Doom
    9th Owwmykneecap
    9th 7NationArmy
    9th Bourke
    13th Mart0
    13th Dan
    13th Dreddy

BB
    1st Voa
    2nd Joe Black
    3rd Batman
    4th Orim

MK9
    1st Sean
    2nd Silver Steez

I dont have the sheet for MK9 - Ry, Do you have it?

It's joint 13th, not 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Had a great day yesterday, well worth the trip despite the fact I knew I couldn't go to Evo even had I won. GG's to everyone I played, was nice to put a face to a few names I've played online and was yet to meet, also great to have a wee ST session with Ramza, we da best:pac:

Congrats to Stev0, hope you buss up Evo and show em what Irish Honda is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

This was unreal and ran soooo smoothly, obv the guys who oraganized it are geniuses(however its spelled):pac:. Good Games to everone I played.
    Congrats to Stevo! :eek:
    Enjoyed it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hell yes. Top 10. I'm coming for y'all next Inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Great stuff lads! God, I wish I was there

Final was heartbreak, and dreddy's commentary makes it all the more heartbreaking! Unlucky hound.

Also, well done D4RK ONION! Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Konata wrote: »
    For all yous at home:

MvC winner: D4RK ONION
    2nd: Blinn

SSF4 AE winner: stevo
    2nd: Hound

Raffle winner: Red350

not sure of the others :/ sf final was serious hype - final round draw!

Well done everyone and thank you ayjay for organising it - fantastic day :)

Thanks for posting this up as quickly as you did, I was able to find out who won while on a 6 hour layover in (I think) South Carolina on my way back to Dublin.

Gutted I couldn't come, big props to AJ for organising the day, and having the kind of superhuman optimism required to get this pushed through at all, especially given the negativity surrounding the first one.

Gratz to SteveO, especially with a nerfed Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Seriously lads this was brilliant, that ye ran something that size so smoothly was amazing. Was well worth the trip to Dublin, hopefully we might start to make the it up from Cork a bit more regularly after this. Thanks to everyone involved in the running of it especially AJ. Congrats to all the winners especially stev0, best of luck at evo. Can't believe I fell asleep in the pub, good thing no one had a camera or anything:rolleyes:

mackg wrote: »
    Seriously lads this was brilliant, that ye ran something that size so smoothly was amazing. Was well worth the trip to Dublin, hopefully we might start to make the it up from Cork a bit more regularly after this. Thanks to everyone involved in the running of it especially AJ. Congrats to all the winners especially stev0, best of luck at evo. Can't believe I fell asleep in the pub, good thing no one had a camera or anything:rolleyes:

Spoke waaaaayyyyy too soon ;) - although I am not even sure this is you but I'll take a guess...

mackg.jpg

you've been mistified!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

There we go...ha ha ha...at least no one took a marker to me. Probably the best bit of sleep I got all weekend was woken up in the hostel on sunday morning by some woman vacuuming the room...not a good way to kick off a hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Congrats to Stevo! Would love to have been at this, but I had other stuff on! Was the Marvel final recorded? Congrats to Onion too, that stick is beautiful :)

• Advertisement

Ry, my most humble apology.... I found the MK 9 Sheet of results...... in a bag under all Dooms cables... Here are the official results from that tourney.

MK9
    1st KuroTao
    2nd SilverSteez
    3rd BilledPeat
    3rd Scorcio HK7
    5th Hound
    5th Hardter
    5th Kanped
    5th Owmykneecap
    9th Fergus
    9th Batman
    9th Sairus
    9th Robnoll
    9th Frost Ninja (I think - kinda scribbled in)
    9th Ensor 08
    9th Orim
    9th Generic Name

Sorry for the delay...

Advertisement