Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Anyone who was offered a position get the contract yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noddyxo

Anyone who was offered a position get the contract yet?

Nope. Did you get the email about the pre-employment screening documents that need to be sent to them?

Noddyxo wrote: »
    Nope. Did you get the email about the pre-employment screening documents that need to be sent to them?

Yup I went in to their office on burlington road and handed them in. Just can't relax till I get the contract :p

Yup I went in to their office on burlington road and handed them in. Just can't relax till I get the contract :p

I emailed and said I was doing exams until the end of this week and then I would just go to one of the branches at home. Not going all the way to Dublin for that haha!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sports1234

Has anybody who was at the assessment centre for Corporate and Treasury heard back yet? Been over 3 weeks now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bert1992

Still haven't heard anything back from corp and treasury myself, don't think anyone has except one fella according to this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Iv been waiting nearly two weeks with no word so doesn't look good. Strange how some people got rejection e-mails tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tsmith1988

It'll be close 3 weeks tomorrow for me, Corp & Treasury. I wrote it off a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bert1992

has anyone heard from corp and treasury yet at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kev2k

I don't mean to ignore your question Bert1992 but has anyone who recieved an offer been given the contract yet? Was hoping to get get it before January was over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Kev2k wrote: »
    I don't mean to ignore your question Bert1992 but has anyone who recieved an offer been given the contract yet? Was hoping to get get it before January was over.

No, I haven't got any contract or heard from them since I gave them my proof of address.

Ok I guess its just going to take a while longer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ado Greene

Hi Guys,

I got into the Compliance and Operational Risk Stream. I know I had a awful time with missed emails and notifications; I believe BoI had lots of problems with whatever system they used to register and notify potential applicants.

As a result I am super paranoid about missing important correspondence etc (I already failed to receive a basic terms mail and the mail requesting proof of identity and only received them when I rang grad rec.)

I have been checking this thread to make sure that I haven't missed anything; if possible could you post on here when you receive correspondence from them? As far as I'm aware all that we are waiting for now is the contract. Hopefully it comes soon!

Thats a good idea Ado, I'm slightly paranoid I'm missing info aslo :P I think it is just the contract now but they also said there is a medical that we have to do as part of the pre-employment screening process before we get the contract, and possibly a verification that info on our apllication forms was true. So there may be more paperwork before the contract.

I just got my contract there yesterday in an email. Does it all have to be back in 10 days or did I misunderstand?

Hi Sibby,

I still have not received my contract yet, if they have sent them yesterday I will probably wait until Tuesday to get in touch with them. I'll post up here the second I get mine.

I got the contract yesterday too, it says that a medical is still required but I assume they'll do that at a later date, if at all. Ya it has to be sent back in 10 days.

Kev2k wrote: »
    I got the contract yesterday too, it says that a medical is still required but I assume they'll do that at a later date, if at all. Ya it has to be sent back in 10 days.

Hey Kev2k,

What stream did you get your contract for? I got my offer and offer email/letter on the 5th of January? Should I contact them or just hold out?

Haven't gotten my contract yet either and was offered the job at the end of November. Hard not to get anxious about it.

I contacted them, they said they are trying their best and that they hoped the second batch would be out to offerees before the end of this week. So tomorrow, hopefully!

• Advertisement

Got my contract in an email about an hour ago :D

Same, chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Hi all. Looking for examples of the video interview questions please. Any info would be much appreciated. I know it's probably hard to remember but if you do, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Afaik they're the same as before. Can't remember exactly but I think they were these questions.
    They were just two fairly standard questions, an example of when you went the extra mile,why do you want to be on the programme etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 oonagh991

Anyone who got an invite to the assessment centre feel that their video interview went bad? Don't think mine went that well, not horribly, but could of been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

Are they still interviewing for the September start date?

Yeah they opened applications again the deadline was the start of March to apply

Are you starting in September? How did you find the video interview part of the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dido15

MRTULES wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for examples of the video interview questions please. Any info would be much appreciated. I know it's probably hard to remember but if you do, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi MRTULES, I'm doing the video interview tomorrow and I'm nervous about it. Did you do yours? did you get the same two questions that other people mentioned? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Dido15 wrote: »
    Hi MRTULES, I'm doing the video interview tomorrow and I'm nervous about it. Did you do yours? did you get the same two questions that other people mentioned? Thanks in advance.

Yep pretty much. Think it was "why are you the ideal candidate for the programme" and "tell us a time you went that extra mile". You'll be fine. Just make sure you have the points ready. You don't need to use the full 90 seconds. You can have multiple practice attempts. I recommend making sure your can and mic are all working properly. I had it all planed out to do it usingvtge aop and my phone but when I went to do it the mic on my phone just wasn't picking up my voice well enough. Ended up using a terrible old web cam with awful built-in mic. I just hope the poor audio and picture don't affect my chances as I felt my answers were solid. Best of luck with it. You'll be grand.

Advertisement