Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sazzaroo

I got my start date when I got the contract, but I don't have a first rotation yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

What department are you in?

UK commercial and retail, so the rotations are Belfast, Bristol, London and a branch in the North

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

So you don't even know what city you are starting in in two weeks?? I would definitely ring them asap.

I have, HR just keep saying I'll be informed by the end of August when everything is finalised. Belfast or anywhere in the North isn't too bad, but London or Bristol would be a bit of a challenge especially where accommodation is concerned. I dropped HR another email there. Hopefully I'll find out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

Anyone in corporate and treasury receive any info so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sgaughan

I have heard nothing yet either. I was told I would be contacted by email last week.

I got an email from Joanne in HR with my start location. Anybody else moving to Bristol?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mkperri

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering has anyone done the situational judgement questionnaire and the two aptitude tests that Bank of Ireland have sent by email for the BOI Graduate program 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

mkperri wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Just wondering has anyone done the situational judgement questionnaire and the two aptitude tests that Bank of Ireland have sent by email for the BOI Graduate program 2015?

Yep I done them over the weekend. Found them pretty hard myself particularly with the timer over your head.

Think I only got to mid-twenties question wise in the two aptitude tests. Don't think I'll be hearing anything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I can't see which area would include marketing/communications or sales side of the grad programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Grad2015

I got an email today inviting me to the short video interview(this was after I completed the tests). They will email me with more details of when it will be etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cribbit

Well done. A video interview!! That's new, no? Please let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Did the video interview this morning myself. My first time ever doing one so was a bit strange for me. Not really expecting to hear anything back in terms of a positive response.

Did the video interview this morning myself. My first time ever doing one so was a bit strange for me. Not really expecting to hear anything back in terms of a positive response.

You never know it might have been a good interview! Some people are the exact same situation you were in doing it for the first time.

Can I ask if it was a difficult interview? Anything surprising?

Grad2015 wrote: »
    You never know it might have been a good interview! Some people are the exact same situation you were in doing it for the first time.

Can I ask if it was a difficult interview? Anything surprising?

That's true, I wasn't expecting anything after the aptitude tests so I guess you never know.

It was difficult for me as I just found it strange to be talking in to my computer with nobody on the other side. I was expecting a Skype interview kind of situation. Was asked two fairly standard questions and given about a minute to answer each one. Nothing too mad really but like I said,not expecting to progress!

I am sure you did better than you thought. The idea of a video interview is challenging enough. Were the Qs competency based or why you want to work for us type Qs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MC2403

Hey Everyone,

I'm new on this but it's a great thread so said I'd better join up!

Anyone know how long after completing the aptitude tests would you hear back if you have got to the video interview stage?

cribbit wrote: »
    I am sure you did better than you thought. The idea of a video interview is challenging enough. Were the Qs competency based or why you want to work for us type Qs?

Sorry lads was in college all day today. They were just two fairly standard questions, an example of when you went the extra mile,why do you want to be on the programme etc.

Cheers "underground" !

• Advertisement

MC2403 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new on this but it's a great thread so said I'd better join up!

Anyone know how long after completing the aptitude tests would you hear back if you have got to the video interview stage?

I finshed mine on Saturday and got an email on Monday.

Don't worry if you havn't heard anything yet. Some companies take a week to get back to you after completing tests!

I did the aptitude tests this morning, got an e-mail then after just thanking me for doing them. Hopefully I will hear from them next week!

Has anyone that has already done the video interview hear from BOI yet? Or know when we might hear from them regarding the Assessment Centre?

No I haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rorymac007

I did the assessment centre last Saturday I think, heard back at lunchtime today about the Video Interview, given 3 days to do it. there was about 1200 applicants last year to the entire programme so it'll take time to get back to people, I wouldn't worry if there is a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Hi guys... for those of you who have done the BOI video interview, was it just the 2 questions? What was it like? Doing mine later today so a bit nervous as I've never done one before :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stu2014

Hi Everyone,

I am sitting the BOI video interview tonight and am feeling very nervous about it also as I have never experienced a video interview before so any help/tips would be hugely appreciated :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stu2014

Hi guys... for those of you who have done the BOI video interview, was it just the 2 questions? What was it like? Doing mine later today so a bit nervous as I've never done one before :/

Hi Finance Grad, have you sat your interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Hi guys, to the people who got through to the interview stage (in particular corporate and treasury), how did you all fare in the online assessments? Did you do better in numerical than verbal? Found them tricky enough myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Rorymac007

@The Parish King,

I made a show of myself in the verbal assessment, but I thought I did well in the Numerical. It took 6-7 days to get back to me for the interview stage then.

Advertisement