Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RainCity

Thanks Diego, so far only we know that they offered job in Business and Consumer banking.... No offers made for C&T yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

I had my assessment centre Tuesday morning and I got offered customer service and innovation today!! My third preference but we'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PadjoGoat93

Hi guys i got offered a place but i dont think i will have a 2:1 will they be strict and will i have to give up job ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Id guess they would be strict enough. How do you know at this stage you wont get a 2.1?What assesment centre were you in?

I got offered job yesterday. was in the one on tues morning in dublin. i def wont have a 2:1 lets put it like that ! but i was offered a place and it says they re looking for people with 2:1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I had a phone interview with them a few years ago and I only had a 2:2 and they interviewed me anyway but I think due to only being out of college and just finishing degree with little work experience they didn't continue with my application.

ya ill just have to hope they keep me! contract is on way out in post so that should shed some light on it. Its just that i have been offered job but not sure if its only if i achieve min 2:1

How many days after the assessment center are people getting offers?

Mine was 3 days! sound like your sweating it robbie

haha no just curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Rorymac007

@RobbieHawkins, When was your assessment? we were told 3 weeks or so, for Corp & Treasury.

Thursday gone

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

got rejection email there (consumer/business banking) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tsmith1988

Has anyone else go word back for Corp & Treasury yet? Seems to be all consumer banking so far on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walsh.92

Ye i heard back last week about Corp & Treasury, had the assessment centre on the Monday and they called on the Thursday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I got offered job yesterday. was in the one on tues morning in dublin. i def wont have a 2:1 lets put it like that ! but i was offered a place and it says they re looking for people with 2:1.

If you get a high II.2 you should be okay. Keep the work going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McGregor72

Had my assessment centre last Thursday. Have yet to hear anything which I would interpret as my application being unsuccessful. Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess.

Likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cribbit

There seems to be a lot of people in the same boat, waiting on feedback. Anyone from Credit/Market Risk hear back?

McGregor72 wrote: »
    Had my assessment centre last Thursday. Have yet to hear anything which I would interpret as my application being unsuccessful. Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess.

What role was the thursday assesment centre for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tsmith1988

This is my 2nd week waiting for a response for Corp & treasury, so I'd say I'm out the gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McGregor72

What role was the thursday assesment centre for

Retail and Consumer Banking as far as I can remember. I performed at maybe 60% of my overall ability and I found the assessment centre quite tough. However excuses are quite simply excuses and I now know what I need to work on for future reference. It was a good experience and will be very useful going forward.

I would just like the feedback to confirm where I can improve for the next time.

McGregor72 wrote: »
    Retail and Consumer Banking as far as I can remember. I performed at maybe 60% of my overall ability and I found the assessment centre quite tough. However excuses are quite simply excuses and I now know what I need to work on for future reference. It was a good experience and will be very useful going forward.

I would just like the feedback to confirm where I can improve for the next time.
    Alright i'm not assesing you :-p. Did anyone hear back from the thursday center I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I was at the assessment centre for Group Credit and Market Risk on Friday 28th and I got a call offering me a place the following Wednesday.

I just got an email there telling me I was unsuccessful in the video interview and wouldn't be getting through to the assessment centre????? .......I think BOI need to fix their emailing system!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy92x

Bit late in updating with this but did the assessment centre on Friday. Its pretty tough.

Got offered a job later that evening. Chuffed!

Hey well done Underground! I was also at the assessment centre the 21st, were you there for the morning or the afternoon? I haven't heard anything back, so I presume I am unsuccessful? :( So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Poppy92x wrote: »
    Hey well done Underground! I was also at the assessment centre the 21st, were you there for the morning or the afternoon? I haven't heard anything back, so I presume I am unsuccessful? :( So sad.

Thanks! I was there in the morning :).

What programme were you applying to? I wouldn't lose heart just yet if I were you. I know some people have gotten rejection emails so if you haven't gotten one yet I'd take it as no news is good news. Also I remember at the assessment centre they told us that it could be mid-December before we heard a response from them,so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

Thanks! I was there in the morning :).

What programme were you applying to? I wouldn't lose heart just yet if I were you. I know some people have gotten rejection emails so if you haven't gotten one yet I'd take it as no news is good news. Also I remember at the assessment centre they told us that it could be mid-December before we heard a response from them,so you never know.

How did you get offered one so soon so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

lovelabel wrote: »
    How did you get offered one so soon so?

I got offered one a few hours after the assessment centre. I assume I made a good impression. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy92x

Noddyxo wrote: »
    Hey! I did my assessment centre on the 21st of Nov and received a phonecall today with an offer for business and consumer banking. Completely shocked but over the moon!! Anyone else hear anything?

Hey well done! That's great! Just wondering were you the morning or afternoon?

I am waiting over 3 weeks now and anybody on here that has got offered a position was let know fairly quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Noddyxo

Poppy92x wrote: »
    Hey well done! That's great! Just wondering were you the morning or afternoon?

I am waiting over 3 weeks now and anybody on here that has got offered a position was let know fairly quickly!

Thanks. I was in the morning assessment centre. Myself and another girl from the morning assessment received offers on the 3rd of December. Fingers crossed for you.

Advertisement