Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Xsxo

Has anyone heard back for the UK? Or is it just Ireland atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RoseDeBu

Congrats, freeze4real & best of luck!

Has anyone here applied for Governance Risk Division?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cribbit

Same as freeze4real - just got the same email today. They are still conducting assessment centres and contacting candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PearlUK

Got my acceptance email at 17.21 for the UK. Just gotta plan a trip to London now! Quite short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

Anyone interviewing for group manufacturing? Its my third prefernece and I dont even know what I really applied for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mac87

Congrats to Underground and anyone else that got invited to the assessment centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoversRudie

Got called for HR next Tuesday at about five today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 billwonga

PearlUK wrote: »
    Got my acceptance email at 17.21 for the UK. Just gotta plan a trip to London now! Quite short notice!
    hi when will be your assessment?

Got called for HR next Tuesday at about five today.

Hi is this for uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jack747

Just wondering for anyone that got called to the assessment center does it state in the email what the position is for i.e in Retail Banking or group manufacturing . Mine doesn't seem to say what area its for and I'm just wondering should it or do you presume its for what you put down in the application

• Advertisement

billwonga wrote: »
    hi when will be your assessment?

2nd December in London. I believe it's the only UK assessment day, they seemed to have more events in Ireland.

Unlike RoversRudie though, in my invitation email they didn't specify which one I was being put forward for. It was just a general "Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme"

jack747 wrote: »
    Just wondering for anyone that got called to the assessment center does it state in the email what the position is for i.e in Retail Banking or group manufacturing . Mine doesn't seem to say what area its for and I'm just wondering should it or do you presume its for what you put down in the application

I don't think it's the case of just being put forward for your preference, somebody else earlier in the thread passed the assessment centre and said the position wasn't the one he had applied for. So I think they will assess us and place us where they think we fit best. I certaintly wouldn't want to pigeon hole myself at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoversRudie

Xsxo wrote: »
    Hi is this for uk?

No Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Underground and pancake55 what was involved in the competency interview part of the day?

Also, does anyone know what was involved in the presentation part of the day? / duration etc?

Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pancake55

jack747 wrote: »

No it's not specified when you get called to the assessment centre which stream they're considering you for, I was even told in my interview that I was still being considered for my second choice and to use the interview to that effect.

I saw a few pages back that someone got offered a job in an area they hadn't even applied for, so it seems they're quite open to where they could place you, it depends on how you perform in the assessment centre I guess.

sibby wrote: »
    Underground and pancake55 what was involved in the competency interview part of the day?

The competency interview is quite straightforward, just questions like 'tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work' etc.

As for the presentation, you get a certain amount of time to prepare it, then you are asked questions on it after.

Can't really reveal too much else as they specified not to discuss it so as to make it fair for everyone going in!

pancake55 wrote: »
    The competency interview is quite straightforward, just questions like 'tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work' etc.

As for the presentation, you get a certain amount of time to prepare it, then you are asked questions on it after.

Can't really reveal too much else as they specified not to discuss it so as to make it fair for everyone going in!

Fair enough! Was there any technical questions or on the financial markets/ economy or anything as such. Just narrows down what to prepare for.

Thank you :D

Xsxo wrote: »
    Fair enough! Was there any technical questions or on the financial markets/ economy or anything as such. Just narrows down what to prepare for.

Thank you :D

Not in my interview, it focused more on past work experiences and situations but it may be because I don't have a financial background.

pancake55 wrote: »
    Not in my interview, it focused more on past work experiences and situations but it may be because I don't have a financial background.

Does anyone that's done the AC know whether the interview is conducted by HR or someone in the business or a combination?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Two questions to anybody who did the assessment If anyone could help me out it would be great;

1. How long does it take? My presentation is on at half 8 Thursday morning and i'm wondering will I make it back to Galway for 6 as I'm working.

2. For the presentation is PowerPoint used as that's the only software I know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Two questions to anybody who did the assessment If anyone could help me out it would be great;

1. How long does it take? My Assesment is on at half 8 Thursday morning and i'm wondering will I make it back to Galway for 6 as I'm working.

Thanks

1. How long does it take? My Assesment is on at half 8 Thursday morning and i'm wondering will I make it back to Galway for 6 as I'm working.

Thanks

The assessment centre lasts around 3 hours at most.

They supply you with everything you need for the presentation, you don't use Powerpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

Does anyone have an assessment centre on the 2nd in Dublin ? I was told mine was this day but when I had to click the link to accept the only date I was given was the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Can anyone shed light what the logical test is all about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TCD1415

Has anyone heard back for Corp and Treasury after the assessment centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bert1992

Had my assessment last week and haven't heard anything back yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noddyxo

Hey! I did my assessment centre on the 21st of Nov and received a phonecall today with an offer for business and consumer banking. Completely shocked but over the moon!! Anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RainCity

Is Corp and Treasury and Business and Consumer banking are the same thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

RainCity wrote: »
    Is Corp and Treasury and Business and Consumer banking are the same thing?

Nope: http://www.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/group-structure-08-04-2014.pdf

Advertisement