Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dido15

MRTULES wrote: »
    Yep pretty much. Think it was "why are you the ideal candidate for the programme" and "tell us a time you went that extra mile". You'll be fine. Just make sure you have the points ready. You don't need to use the full 90 seconds. You can have multiple practice attempts. I recommend making sure your can and mic are all working properly. I had it all planed out to do it usingvtge aop and my phone but when I went to do it the mic on my phone just wasn't picking up my voice well enough. Ended up using a terrible old web cam with awful built-in mic. I just hope the poor audio and picture don't affect my chances as I felt my answers were solid. Best of luck with it. You'll be grand.

Thank you so much, hope you will get through to the next stage. Good luck :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yep pretty much. Think it was "why are you the ideal candidate for the programme" and "tell us a time you went that extra mile". You'll be fine. Just make sure you have the points ready. You don't need to use the full 90 seconds. You can have multiple practice attempts. I recommend making sure your can and mic are all working properly. I had it all planed out to do it usingvtge aop and my phone but when I went to do it the mic on my phone just wasn't picking up my voice well enough. Ended up using a terrible old web cam with awful built-in mic. I just hope the poor audio and picture don't affect my chances as I felt my answers were solid. Best of luck with it. You'll be grand.

I think the video interview is only one of the things that shortlists you for the assessment centre. The stages up til now were conducted by a recruitment agency on behalf of BOI. They'll then forward on details of applicants they think fit the role to BOI who will take all the stages so far into account when deciding who to invite to the assessment centre. That's how it would happen in other assessment centres I've been to anyway, this might be different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tartan24

Dido15 wrote: »
    Hi MRTULES, I'm doing the video interview tomorrow and I'm nervous about it. Did you do yours? did you get the same two questions that other people mentioned? Thanks in advance.

Hi Dido15, how did the video interview go? Just wondering when you applied for the programme? I only applied yesterday evening and haven't heard back from them yet and just wanted to know if I should expect to be waiting long. Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dido15

Hi tartan24, the video interview wasn't bad. I got the same two questions that other guys mentioned but I'm not sure if my answers were good.
    Check your spam emails, when I first applied I got email on the second day inviting me to do online tests. However, it went through to my spam emails instead of my inbox. good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 oonagh991

Got an email for the assessment centre today, it took about three weeks :) delighted though, anyone any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

oonagh991 wrote: »
    Got an email for the assessment centre today, it took about three weeks :) delighted though, anyone any tips?

Got one myself for the 15th. Looking back over the thread it seems there is an interview, some group work and a presentation. Sounds interesting anyway.

Got the email for the assessment centre today too. It's pretty frustrating that a lot of the correspondence from BOI have gone straight to my spam folder. Looking forward to the challenge though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

is it possible this graduate programme could open up again for 2015 intake? it has reopened once already

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NEK2015

Got one myself for the 15th. Looking back over the thread it seems there is an interview, some group work and a presentation. Sounds interesting anyway.

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, do you have any idea about the presentation that you have to do?

Would you have much experience doing this kind of thing?

NEK2015 wrote: »
    Hi, if you dont mind me asking, do you have any idea about the presentation that you have to do?

Would you have much experience doing this kind of thing?

Hey,

I haven't a clue about any of it really. Only know anything from what I have read on the thread. Did a few group based interviews many moons ago. Never had to do a presentation in one though.
    On that note if anyone wants to pm me with any tips, tricks or advice it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hey if anyone hears back about getting the job could they post up I have no idea how long to expect before they get in touch, cheers!

Hey if anyone hears back about getting the job could they post up I have no idea how long to expect before they get in touch, cheers!

Hey,

Pretty sure they told someone today they hoped to let people know in a week but might take a little longer.

Hey,

Pretty sure they told someone today they hoped to let people know in a week but might take a little longer.

Yeah, about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

I heard back fairly promptly. got a call with a verbal offer maybe 5 days after the assessment centre.

Thanks for letting me know, did it Wednesday so fingers crossed

Any idea how many places there is on the programme?

I know they filled loads earlier on in the year, but I'm not sure how many there are

I know they filled loads earlier on in the year, but I'm not sure how many there are

I know they would have filled a fair amount but people would have accepted other positions elsewhere.

Does anyone who signed contracts know exactly where they're gonna be based? Will it be the D2 or D4 office?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

lovelabel wrote: »
    Does anyone who signed contracts know exactly where they're gonna be based? Will it be the D2 or D4 office?

It depends which grad programme you are on.

Most are Mespil Rd or Burlington plaza

Corp and Treasury are pretty much all Burlington Plaza.
    Risk is the above two and some in New Century House in the IFSC

Audit/Internal Finance can be Percy Place or Dawson Street as far as I'm aware.

Then there will be those who are in the branches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

I have an interview for a summer tempory position at BOI very soon and am wondering what kind of questions they ask at bank of Ireland interviews or what have people been asked?

Thanks guys

1huge1 wrote: »
    It depends which grad programme you are on.

Most are Mespil Rd or Burlington plaza

Corp and Treasury are pretty much all Burlington Plaza.
    Risk is the above two and some in New Century House in the IFSC

Audit/Internal Finance can be Percy Place or Dawson Street as far as I'm aware.

Then there will be those who are in the branches.

Where are group manufacturing normally based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

lovelabel wrote: »
    Where are group manufacturing normally based?

Mespil Rd (head office) from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Arish94

Hi,

I had my assessment centre last week for the UK and just wanted to check whether anyone else has heard anything yet? Its been a while and I think I have pretty much given up on hearing anything positive from this ! Merci :)

Arish94 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had my assessment centre last week for the UK and just wanted to check whether anyone else has heard anything yet? Its been a while and I think I have pretty much given up on hearing anything positive from this ! Merci :)

Hey pretty much in the same boat, haven't heard anything either. What day was your AC? Mine was Wednesday

Hey pretty much in the same boat, haven't heard anything either. What day was your AC? Mine was Wednesday

Had it Monday morn - so aaaaaages ago! I going to assume it's a no which is fine, but some closure would be nice :)

Arish94 wrote: »
    Had it Monday morn - so aaaaaages ago! I going to assume it's a no which is fine, but some closure would be nice :)

To be fair they did say to give them about a week to people leaving the AC I was at. Just from reading posts it seems most people got offers within days. You never know, they might have just not contacted people yet 😄

To be fair they did say to give them about a week to people leaving the AC I was at. Just from reading posts it seems most people got offers within days. You never know, they might have just not contacted people yet 😄

It does seem offers were fairly quick, so that's why I have resigned myself, however you may be right on the latter!

I've still heard nothing so I'm just hoping its that no ones heard anything rather than a definite no yet..possibly a bit optimistic!

• Advertisement

I've still heard nothing so I'm just hoping its that no ones heard anything rather than a definite no yet..possibly a bit optimistic!

I hope you're right - but I still struggle to believe a week or two later they haven't made offers - I guess we will have to wait and see :)

Advertisement