Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

beardo81 wrote: »
    An app called Hullomail I think, uses data instead of a voice call rate AFAIK.

Checking it out now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Fancy sharing? Hate paying to listen to my voicemail!

check out the Hullomail app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Bought it! Very good deal once you wont want iPhone 5 when it released!!

Or the iPhone 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

JohnK wrote: »
    As someone who's never used 3, whats their network like? I'm presuming they'd have proper coverage etc but any gotcha's like no roaming or something silly like that?

Check the iphone4/coverage threads here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Girlfriend just got 1, €150 deposit which will be refunded in 6 months. After 6 months she can put it to use on her bill or ask for a cheque. €40 a month, 350 units which is 350 mins or 700 texts and 1 free add on-she took free landline calls. €8.60 a month for insurance or €81 upfront to cover the year. No brainer really compared to the other mobile networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

I like 3's Price plans but not sure about being tied into a 2 year contract.
    With the new dual core phone coming shortly and the new iphone released
    in a 3 or 4 months 2 years seem like a loooong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

omega666 wrote: »

Correct, but if 3 change their prices, if they increase or decrease them, then are breaking the contract with you and you can get out of your contract with them. Im sure they will change something within 2 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

omega666 wrote: »
    you can get it on a 18 month contract for €80 which works out at € 800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Grawns wrote: »
    I'm going to talk to vodafone and if they can't match this deal ( free phone) I'm off to three. Have been with them for about 15 years but a deals a deal :D

well I called them and they were very nice but it's a no can do. So I'm off to three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

FWIW, I went to 3 last summer and its great. There was initial 3g switching problems, but thats gone months now. The 3 like home is awesome, where you go to a 3 territory and use your minutes and data out of your allowance once you use the 3 network. UK, Italy, Denmark. I was in Hong Kong and spent the whole time on google maps to get around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Correct, but if 3 change their prices, if they increase or decrease them, then are breaking the contract with you and you can get out of your contract with them. Im sure they will change something within 2 years :D

But you have to return the phone, Meteor did this a few months back and insisted on having the handset returned

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

scudzilla wrote: »
    But you have to return the phone, Meteor did this a few months back and insisted on having the handset returned

Nope. I got out of my contract with Meteor after just 1 month and kept my HTC Desire :D

With 3 now and they are superb and cannot be beaten. €30 per month, rolling 30 day contract, 350 flexi units, free unlimited landline calls, free unlimited data, free 3 to 3 calls, Three like home, use half your flexi units to call UK mobiles or landlines.

I took out both my home and business landlines and fixed broadband as well as my tablet data plan. Have one plan on my 3 phone and tether to my laptop, PC and tablet. Yes, tethering is allowed and unrestricted.

Use Hullomail app for free voicemail and cabbage app to use your 333 free webtexts directly from your phone.

The dogs bollox of a service and unbeatable value. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Taxedalot wrote: »
    Does the all you can eat plan include tethering?

Yes and it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

tm2204 wrote: »
    Use Hullomail app for free voicemail and cabbage app to use your 333 free webtexts directly from your phone.

What is this cabbage app you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lynchtp wrote: »
    What is this cabbage app you speak of?

Pretty awesome, get it, log in wit yer meteor pin and ya can use yer free web texts

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

soundsham wrote: »
    Hmmmm......misleading post ^^^

could also read........2yr contract for iphone 3gs.....€40/month

iphone 4 is only free on mega flex max/€80 or ultimate flex max/€95 per month

Go look again, site seems updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Redders825 wrote: »
    anyone any idea of when the iphone 5 will be released here?

White iphone4 soon to be released. iphone5 maybe in time for Christmas, supposed to be not much different from ip4, except faster A5 processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Signed up for this last night, went right through payment etc and have an order confirmation number.

I haven't been asked for a €150 deposit at any stage, but will expect it.. at which stage they can expect a huge 'fooook ooofffff' from me.

Vodafone did the same thing only to ring me up 2 days after I'd confirmed the order asking for a €200 deposit.

Effin stupid. If they're going to ask for a deposit, they should include a notification of it at some stage through the payment process.

Good deal btw, had signed up for the €60pm offer with free phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your signing up on line your chances of a deposit are much larger than getting asked for one in store.
    If your asked for a deposit online and then you decide to go instore you'll be also asked for a deposit or refused completely.
    If your worried about a deposit try instore first that's your best chance of avoiding one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Is this an online only offer or can you get it in Three stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

How much is "All you can eat data" 1gig/2gig ? more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

NeVeR wrote: »

Couldn't see any of the typical "subject to fair usage" stuff on the site.
    Going on the site http://three.ie/iphone/all-you-can-eat-data_iphone.html you see they have all there prices at €40 when they compare against O2 and voda so im assuming its at least up to 10GB.

If thats the case you now have a mobile dongle for tethering with your pc for your broadband needs.

Is this an online only offer or can you get it in Three stores?

Yes you can get them in any 3 store, the unlimited data is unlimited, the fare usage policy says they can start throttling your connection after 15GB but doubt that would happen.

are they asking for deposits ?

are they asking for deposits ?

There's always deposits but there not that common, all depends on the credit score, e.g if your 18, buying online, unemployed, paying by cash and not porting your number, your chances of a deposit would be significant. If your moving from let's say O2 bill to 3 bill and moving your number your chances of a deposit would be close to nil.

just bought one.. But not sure if it went through !!! I entered my visa password/extra protection thingy and the screen went blank !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

350 units

Quick question folks.. can the 350 units allowance be used for both texts and calls over the course of the month?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Quick question folks.. can the 350 units allowance be used for both texts and calls over the course of the month?

Yes i think so.. 1 unit is a 1 minute call or 2 text's (i think)

just bought one.. But not sure if it went through !!! I entered my visa password/extra protection thingy and the screen went blank !

You may send them an email or call them, have a feeling you'll kick yourself for not going to a store yet and picking up your phone today.

• Advertisement

In work.. can't email... Any idea whats there phone number. I'll try ring them

Advertisement