Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Boombastic wrote: »
    If we can included those scan pictures aswell, I'm sick of seeing them from people I don't know all that well :( I'm just waiting for the pictures from the delivery room, I missed the ones of the conception :rolleyes:

*also think how these pictures might affect other people unable to get pregnant/who have had a miscarriage, they do not need to see this popping up the whole time.

If you applied that train of thought no one would be able to post anything on FB, boards, anywhere at all actually

it's like the story a few posts back about the girl who said "she got a heart attack" after her boyfriend scared her, then someone she knew from school called her "a bitch" because she told her that her father died of a heart attack when they were at school years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

batistuta9 wrote: »
    If you applied that train of thought no one would be able to post anything on FB, boards, anywhere at all actually

it's like the story a few posts back about the girl who said "she got a heart attack" after her boyfriend scared her, then someone she knew from school called her "a bitch" because she told her that her father died of a heart attack when they were at school years ago

Ah here, there is a big difference between someone flippantly using a turn of phrase and people posting pictures of their foetus.

What if I think their baby is ugly..should I post that?

Ah here, there is a big difference between someone flippantly using a turn of phrase and people posting pictures of their foetus.

What if I think their baby is ugly..should I post that?

In your first post that i commented on, there's no mention of a foetus, just pictures of scans from people

& how it could possibly effect people who can't conceive or had a miscarriage and that they don't need to see it all the time

you don't see pics of foetuses the whole time or probably ever in most people's case

So i thought you just meant baby pictures in general, which is it?

on the ugly baby - if you want to be known as a cúnt post it, otherwise just tell your partner/friends and make sure they don't blab :D

In your first post that i commented on, there's no mention of a foetus, just pictures of scans from people

& how it could possibly effect people who can't conceive or had a miscarriage and that they don't need to see it all the time

you don't see pics of foetuses the whole time or probably ever in most people's case

So i thought you just meant baby pictures in general, which is it?

on the ugly baby - if you want to be known as a cúnt post it, otherwise just tell your partner/friends and make sure they don't blab :D

Scans of foetus either alive or dead..should I post up pictures of my period?
    A lot of people don't post them, you are correct. They value their privacy more than the attention..but there are those that do

Edit: what do you think the scans are of??

Scans of foetus either alive or dead..should I post up pictures of my period?
    A lot of people don't post them, you are correct. They value their privacy more than the attention..but there are those that do

Edit: what do you think the scans are of??

A normal scan of a baby - showing it's healthy or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Look, I don't think anyone would want a photo of themselves dead posted on the internet, so the parents should have a bit of f*cking respect for the child.

It's disrespectful and IMO, something that should be kept private because not only is it something nobody wants to see, its a very personal thing, a graphic image, and incredibly heart wrenching.

Anyway back on topic! I'm a lemon :P

Edit, no I'm not. I'm a blueberry :o

Ok this mornings installions

'I know a guy whole stole my heart, He calls me mother, I love you son'

a) your son is 2 months old, he doesn't call you anything as he is not able to speak
    b)he's 2 months old, can not read and doesn't have a facebook account

I'd might comment under it

'Really? the last time I was talking to him, he told me you were a controlling pr1ck' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Oh I meant to post this the other day.

Friend of mine has a Facebook account for her 2 year old, his status the other day 'just did a big poo in me nappy, hate to be me ma changing me'

Christ, I need new Facebook friends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I don't really see how posting scan pictures makes you responsible for someone else feeling sad because they can't have kids. You can't expect the rest of the world not to share scan/baby photos or news just in case it upsets one of their Facebook friends.

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    I don't really see how posting scan pictures makes you responsible for someone else feeling sad because they can't have kids. You can't expect the rest of the world not to share scan/baby photos or news just in case it upsets one of their Facebook friends.

Would it be ok to comment on the picture saying it looks like an alien? You can't expect the rest of the world not to comment if you're putting it out there.

Different stokes, for different folks I guess, regardless whether it offends anyone or not, IMO it's quite tacky...

• Advertisement

Would it be ok to comment on the picture saying it looks like an alien? You can't expect the rest of the world not to comment if you're putting it out there.

Different stokes, for different folks I guess, regardless whether it offends anyone or not, IMO it's quite tacky...

If the baby's not dead - what's the problem?

so earlier you were just on about normal pictures of scans then & that being upsetting to people who can conceive or had a miscarriage...

so then anything you post on FB or boards is probably going to offend someone

If some who was out last night posts "I'm dying today" it's not improbable with the amount of friends people have, that one of them has a relative/friend currently dying

or 'better not post these holiday snaps' in case someone couldn't afford to go on holidays and is offended by them

do you see how it'd work, if you went like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

"my heart goes out to that lady on the train sobbing uncontrolable! just wanted to go over and hug her :("

Comments: "U Should have !"

Response: "I would of looked a bit of a weirdo"

Attention seeking much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

"my heart goes out to that lady on the train sobbing uncontrolable! just wanted to go over and hug her :("

Comments: "U Should have !"

Response: "I would of looked a bit of a weirdo"

Attention seeking much

Was that your comment? :pac::D

Why would you write that comment? It's extremely rude. I would expect the majority of people to possess the manners not to comment negatively or rudely on any pictures uploaded onto Facebook. I don't see how 'putting it out there' means it's a free-for-all for nasty comments. If you don't like it, don't say anything at all. Not that hard, surely. :confused:

I find scan pictures a bit tacky and intrusive as well. I think it's oversharing and I've been surprised at how many intelligent people have uploaded pictures of the inside of their uterus. But it's their decision, it's not really offensive and it makes them happy and I don't think they should feel responsible for upsetting someone who can't have kids. Everyone has things they find upsetting, you can't expect other people to tiptoe around just in case.

Looks like I've opened a sCan of worms :pac:

Looks like I've opened a sCan of worms :pac:

How dare you!!!

My second cousin twice removed died after he opened a can of worms and the lid hit him on the head, causing him to fall and get run over by a rickshaw

How dare you!!!

My second cousin twice removed died after he opened a can of worms and the lid hit him on the head, causing him to fall and get run over by a rickshaw

Any pics?:pac:

I think the worst for me are the painfully banal ones.
    Worst sleep in a while [daughter] awake cos she couldn't get comfy then me awake from 4 with an annoying cough. Early night for me tonight x

This friend posts something like this about 5 times a day. If you had absolutely no life, why would you post about it on Facebook? Why does she think anyone needs to know this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If their last game was mentioned on TV, what exactly do you think's the logic of it??? It'll get people talking about it & they'll find out...

Not that cryptic or difficult really

But... instead of mindlessly posting a colour or fruit or whatever as a status in a bid to "confuse men", why not post something along the lines of:
    This is Breast Cancer awareness month.

Breast cancer affects [STATS] of {AGE GROUP].

Everyone should check their breasts regularly, and get any abnormalities checked out.

[CONTACT NUMBERS OF BREAST CANCER GROUPS]

It just seems stupid to go down this game route...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

"So. Youll add me on facebook, like my status like my pictures, then il do the same one of us will finally mail the other, we will get on great swap numbers text for days stay up all night texting get closer and closer each day, smile when we recieve a text from each other, finally we'll meet , go to each others houses watch dvds spoon kiss ect do this for a few weeks finally we like each other do we start to go out change our relationship status on facebook, start by posting hearts on each others walls, then one of use say i love you, get i love you too said back, everythings perfect for about 5 months, one of us go out one night without each other rumours will start than there was cheating let it pass, so back to being perfect back to being together 'forver' cracks show, day by day the relationship looses grip, it finally ends we both go out try make each other jealous, then we start to hate each other for no apparent reason, block each other of facebook, aim status at each other snoop from our friends facebook to see what we are both doing, we'll get jealous when we both find someone new.. that forever lasted 7 months.

usualy what happens right? and its all surronded around facebook.. moral of the story..... RELATIONSHIPS AND FACEBOOK DONT GO TOGETHER"!!!!!

Person A: What is going on xx
    Person B: lol nothin... its just true.... xx
    Person A: ok xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Um mister I don't put my business on Facebook can you please stop posting s*** acting like your daddy of the year when you ain't been to 1 doctor's appointment for your kids until now now you're pissing me off because you're not daddy of the year and I'm not giving you a f****** cookies cuz you ain't did s*** but feed my kids dinner and buy some m************ Family Dollar diapers shut the f*** up with that b******* yeah you are good dad because you're there for them but don't make it seem like I'm a bad mom and that you do everything because you don't and you have not you ain't even been to 1 of our 1 year olds m************ doctor's appointment not 1 so shut the f*** up with that talkin that **** life is hard but you do it shut up with that s*** I'm 30 years old in been on my own since I was m************ 16th so you get it together I don't give a s*** who likes my status is yeah I'm pissed off right now so if you don't like it keeps going down if you don't feed f*** or finance me mind your business. s*** don't even know s*** about my kids medical history unless I tell u mother f***** tell Tyler. Is over one u was just. Waiting was just looking for a reason to get my kids because you didn't want to pay child support and you want your cake and eat it too don't nobody want your mother f****** fat ass is all about my kids and I don't give a f*** what nobody thinks stop puting my kids business on Facebook b**** and you know who the f*** you are if you feel some sort of way about my status then I guess that's your problem when it comes to my kids I'll speak my mind cuz them kids been and them kids came up out of me and I take care of them kids and took care of them kids since they been born and there's more to parenting the giving your kids a bath and feeding them dinner just m************ sayen!!!!!!!!!!.yeah life is hard but what don't kill your ass just makes you stronger keeping my head up don't worry cause my mother was the best mom ever just like I am to mine and I will do what I got to. Trust this BITCH IS ALL ABOUT HER KIDS ALWAYS HAVE BEEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

^^

Jesus! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Girl One: Actually Glad Now ii Didnt Waste 60euro Ona Ticket Too Go Too Chris Brown Tonite On Dublin, Seemly He Only Played For An HOUR & 5mins..And Said Too The Crowd "Dublin Your My Favourite City in The UK"..WDF? Some Prick...-.-

Girl Two's Reply: I*
    on a*
    to*
    to*
    tonight*
    in*
    seemingly*
    minutes*
    to*
    you're*
    what the *****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

http://i.imgur.com/0V200.jpg

Posted yesterday by the main contributor of simply idiotic posts on my timeline. Post itself was grand, I commented with my sharp wit (referring to Good Friday, the feast day, haha - simple enough to grasp, yeah?)

She posts the second comment. I'm like what? Thing is, there isn't even a Friday the 13th in March, so I haven't a clue what she's on about. Don't want to hide her - some of the stuff is comedy gold. Gives me faith in myself that at least I'm not her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

"it's not technically Friday the 13th.."

Dafuq??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/0V200.jpg

Posted yesterday by the main contributor of simply idiotic posts on my timeline. Post itself was grand, I commented with my sharp wit (referring to Good Friday, the feast day, haha - simple enough to grasp, yeah?)

She posts the second comment. I'm like what? Thing is, there isn't even a Friday the 13th in March, so I haven't a clue what she's on about. Don't want to hide her - some of the stuff is comedy gold. Gives me faith in myself that at least I'm not her...

Tbh I'd sooner get the Friday 13th reference when she said she's having a bad day as it's typically understood to be an unlucky calendar date.

Your "Good Friday" reference to the fact that it falls on March 29th this year would be the more obscure reference in this case, especially as we're only in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Oh I meant to post this the other day.

Friend of mine has a Facebook account for her 2 year old, his status the other day 'just did a big poo in me nappy, hate to be me ma changing me'

Christ, I need new Facebook friends
    Time to look for New friends, I'd be thinking to myself at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

A girl on my tb posted a photo of herself (in the typical fb pose of a 20 something girl) standing beside the The Famine Memorial statues on the Quays with the comment, "me and my anorexic friend".

No doubt she was deleted.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Tbh I'd sooner get the Friday 13th reference when she said she's having a bad day as it's typically understood to be an unlucky calendar date.

Your "Good Friday" reference to the fact that it falls on March 29th this year would be the more obscure reference in this case, especially as we're only in January.

Yeah, I agree. And it's just not very funny. I'm with the friend on this one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

py2006 wrote: »
    A girl on my tb posted a photo of herself (in the typical fb pose of a 20 something girl) standing beside the The Famine Memorial statues on the Quays with the comment, "me and my anorexic friend".

No doubt she was deleted.

In fairness, that's gas :L

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement