Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Endless updates about the football (grand, i'm at it too) but there was this one regarding a Red Card.

"never should of being a red card".

How hard is it to get that sentence right?

If its from a phone it could be autocorrect but Ive seen some outrageous spelling and grammar mistakes on FB so I know where you're coming from.

Edit: actually missed the "of" aswell

A pet hate of mine is people spelling "was" as "woz"! Now I hate when people shorten words in general but I can see the reason for it... what exactly are they at there though? How hard is it to spell the word right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

1) Change their surname to irish all of a sudden yet do not use it in everyday life:confused:

2) People who add you as a friend but pass you in the street

3)"This town is a sh*thole full o' people talkin' sh*t. If ya ave somethin to say, say it 2 my face like. Can't wait to get da fuk out da gap"
    Followed by a chorus of "u k babe?' 'theyve no lives girl' 'same ere' 'stop bais'

4) People who put up RIP about someone they clearly don't know ??

5) Like and I'll post something nice about you to your wall
    Wow...thanks

6) "Mad wan last nite lads.. neva drinkin again bois" or "Purely hung over.. Never again <3" followed by inside joke and likes - this status appears 2-3 times a week

*head in hands*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Well, catching up on this thread made for hard reading, and I've seen all the dumb facebook status messages, but where the hell are the GREAT ones?

Thread disappoints, and I mean really disappoints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

The people who deactivate their account after leaving a good bye message yet are back on within 24hrs :D:D

The clowns far outway the pro's of being on fb so for that reason ive deactivated myself for good cant take the like of the stuff mentioned above,main pet hate is every girl on a night out putting up pics of their ''tea pot'' pose followed by numberous comments ''stunning hun'' '' wer ja get your dress''

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SRFC wrote: »
    The people who deactivate their account after leaving a good bye message yet are back on within 24hrs :D:D

The clowns far outway the pro's of being on fb so for that reason ive deactivated myself for good cant take the like of the stuff mentioned above,main pet hate is every girl on a night out putting up pics of their ''tea pot'' pose followed by numberous comments ''stunning hun'' '' wer ja get your dress''

:mad:

Those "stunnah babez xXxxx" replies are even funnier when it looks like whoever is posing in the pic put on their makeup with a cannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    1) Change their surname to irish all of a sudden yet do not use it in everyday life:confused:

2) People who add you as a friend but pass you in the street

3)"This town is a sh*thole full o' people talkin' sh*t. If ya ave somethin to say, say it 2 my face like. Can't wait to ge

*head in hands*

Suspect no1 might have something to do with trying to stay anonymous on FB . As in if an future employer googles your name they won't find your mad life as gaelige

No2 bugs me so much . In the past I ve ignored friend request from people who would pass me in the street. But then have been accosted and been accused of 'bring up myself' . So now I don't use FB that much any more

No3 good God simply put attention seeking at its worst

One that made me fear for humanity lately was
    'Really hope (baby's name) is ok later, poor thing very sick on way to consultant now'
    Ffs don't frighten people until you know what's wrong and mind the poor child

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

"my heart goes out to that lady on the train sobbing uncontrolable! just wanted to go over and hug her :("

Comments: "U Should have !"

Response: "I would of looked a bit of a weirdo"

Attention seeking much

Saw a similar one the other day, too. Someone(an adult) put up a post about seeing bullying happen between teenagers on the street (I do a lot of anti-bullying work so this is something quite close to my heart)...and yet there was no mention of them doing anything to stop it.

So, let me get this straight: you saw a bunch of kids picking on another, saw the other one breaking down and crying and it broke your heart so much you...did nothing. Except go straight home and use this moment to try and make your friends think you're such a good person who cares soooo much. Essentially they're trading in the bullying victim's misery for Facebook likes. I hope they slept soundly that night knowing how much they'd done to stop bullying from happening in the world...oh wait.

The most hilarious thing I've experienced:

I deleted a 'fair weather' friend's older sister because
    (1.) I was cutting down on the friend list
    (2.) I wasn't her friend, never spoke to her. She added me, I only accepted her because of her younger sister and to be polite!

Didn't think it was a big deal, right? WRONG!
    One hour later, my friend wrote to me on the chat demanding to know why I deleted her older sister! She was quite hostile over it....

Within 24 hours, her older sister added me back. Her older sister is 26 I think:confused:

I was just like.... WOW!

:D

Oh and these posts:

Mary on Ann's wall: "Where did you disappear to last night? ;) xo"
    Ann: "Never mind lol xox
    Mary: OOOoooh I see ;);) Say hi to Dave for me xo
    Ann: hehehe dunno what you're on about ;)
    Mary: Sure ;)
    Ann: hehehe
    Mary: hehehe

WTF! We all get it! Ann got laid by yer man last night. No one wants to know like

and further more, what's with the hehe and winks

FFS and I am a girl - I don't get it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

My eyes are bleeding after reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

pah wrote: »
    Just spotted this...

Some of the quotes from that page. My personal favourite is the first one.
    Girl did u not look at my pic?. I can clearly see I'm far from fat cum bk to me when ur a size 8 .. nd Debbie ill spell watever way I wan ta alri do u not use text language?. Oh I forgot ur too old so I suppose u don't hav a ****in clue!. I got an A in higher level English in my leavin cert nd now hav a perfect job aswell so put dat in ur pipe nd smoke it!
    Ja know wat fuk d lot of ye I wouldn't leave d likes of stuck up ppl like ye now boder me n my spelling so ja know wat ye can do build n bridge n get over it r else fuk urself off it ok
    Ja know wat fuk d lot of ye I wouldn't leave d likes of stuck up ppl like ye now boder me n my spelling so ja know wat ye can do build n bridge n get over it r else fuk urself off it ok

My favorite was

x bate your face off a dictionary and y bate your face off a wall :D:D

And this one. I have no idea what 19splash is
    I dnt give a fuk wat any of ye have 2say on dis matter I spell d way I want ok nw fuk off d hole lot of ye want 2pull yr heads out of yr holes dis is 2013 not 19spalsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Is a hole party like the #Susanalbumpaty? :P

Turns out she is 20 giving out about not getting in to an over 21's club :pac::pac:

(I'm leaving out surnames, but adding in forenames just for reference)
    Erica: door 51 couldn't win an argument
    Karen: Unless it's with you Erica
    Erica: thanks Karen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

LizT wrote: »
    Just got this message

Ooops, I let the cat out of the bag.

Everytime I get that message, I'm so tempted to post it on my news feed and ruin the secret ;)

Those posts do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

This one that went to my school is something of a Bible basher and has decided that Facebook is the best place to tell us just how much she loves Jesus:

"FIGHT for what the devil has stolen from you. See the devil doesnt LIKE you .His plan for you is to DOUBT the goodness of God and to keep living in FEAR. Wow what a weekend, no study done but there is no better Place than in the Presence of the Most High :-)"

"Thank YoU GoD SO MUCH !!!! I lost something and God gave it back to me !! Oh HOW Great you are Lord !! Never Ever Underestimate the Power of Prayer :D:D:D"

"Love has A Voice,
    Love has A Name,
    It's Jesus ♥

The Name Above every name #KingofAllDays##IAmThatIAm##PrinceOfPeace##EternalRockOfAges#

The Name that drives Away All Fear."

And so on. Getting updates like these makes having a Facebook account worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

^^^
    wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has it moved, or has the option to not show someone in your news feed been removed altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

maximoose wrote: »
    Has it moved, or has the option to not show someone in your news feed been removed altogether?

Seems to have been removed from the arrow down option

You can still get it here though

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Talk to your angels, ask them anything and you will get a reply the next day"

The next day? Do the angels not have broadband connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

lamebook.png

Never did appear on Lamebook but definitely my favourite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Getting a lot of statuses recently with people (women) posting on their wedding anniversaries about how wonderful their husbands are and how they make them better people and "thanks for a great year hun" xxx My husband's cousin had one yesterday that was about twenty lines long.

Drives me around the bend, just say it to them. They're probably sitting next to you. I love my husband too but I don't need to tell everyone just to prove how awesome my life id. I loved him even more when I showed him his cousin's post and he called her a stupid bint. Great minds and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I love my husband too but I don't need to tell everyone just to prove how awesome my life id. I loved him even more when I showed him his cousin's post and he called her a stupid bint. Great minds and all that :)

Away with you and your attention-seeking Boards posts, just tell him in person ffs

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    The most hilarious thing I've experienced:

I deleted a 'fair weather' friend's older sister because
    (1.) I was cutting down on the friend list
    (2.) I wasn't her friend, never spoke to her. She added me, I only accepted her because of her younger sister and to be polite!

Didn't think it was a big deal, right? WRONG!
    One hour later, my friend wrote to me on the chat demanding to know why I deleted her older sister! She was quite hostile over it....

Within 24 hours, her older sister added me back. Her older sister is 26 I think:confused:

I was just like.... WOW!

:D

How does she know you had removed you so fast? Thinly vailed I have a stalker post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

A girl I went to school with has changed her middle name on Facebook to GodsGrace and is always starting posts with "SHARE THE GOOD NEWS!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement