Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Tetra wrote: »
    Hi Beautiful Ladies....Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS...to type a heart, first type < then 3.. It will turn into a heart when you post it!

"How should we best raise awareness of the serious issue of breast cancer?"

"Let's tell no-one at all about what our facebook statuses are about!"

"Brilliant!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Tetra wrote: »
    Hi Beautiful Ladies....Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS...to type a heart, first type < then 3.. It will turn into a heart when you post it!
    First rule of Facebook Heart Club, you do not talk about Facebook Heart Club
    Second rule of Facebook Heart Club, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FACEBOOK HEART CLUB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

LizT wrote: »

Not as bad as
    X has shared Youth Defence's picture.

Defriend.
    Until I saw the photos I thought it was a fascist group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Until I saw the photos I thought it was a fascist group :D

Wait, you mean it isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

batistuta9 wrote: »
    people always say baby's look beautiful no matter how they look

that just proves that fact

Yeah of course, but it doesnt change my opinion. I think its a lack of respect and the photos should be kept private. Not put up on facebook where anyone could see it. Plus, not only that, but horrifically sad and not something I was popping up on my newsfeed, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yeah of course, but it doesnt change my opinion. I think its a lack of respect and the photos should be kept private. Not put up on facebook where anyone could see it. Plus, not only that, but horrifically sad and not something I was popping up on my newsfeed, ever.

Give her a break. If it helps her to get over a very difficult event, then just move on. No-one is forcing you to click on the thumbnail. Just keep scrolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RainyDay wrote: »
    Give her a break. If it helps her to get over a very difficult event, then just move on. No-one is forcing you to click on the thumbnail. Just keep scrolling.

Putting a pic of a dead fetus up on facebook is fcuked up, no two ways about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

krudler wrote: »

Putting a pic of a dead fetus up on facebook is fcuked up, no two ways about it.

Well yeah but to her its her baby that she wants people to know existed, other proud mums get to introduce their baby to the world, as far as she's concerned its her beautiful baby not a dead foetus.
    Still ****ed up ill give you that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

krudler wrote: »

Losing a child tends to affect people. If a mother who lost a child is a bit irrational for a period of time, suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

RainyDay wrote: »

Losing a child tends to affect people. If a mother who lost a child is a bit irrational for a period of time, suck it up.
    of course it does. But really, a picture of a baby, dead or alive, is a very private thing, and should be kept to oneself, or at most shared only with friends. And I mean real friends, not Facebook ''friends"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

coolhull wrote: »
    of course it does. But really, a picture of a baby, dead or alive, is a very private thing, and should be kept to oneself, or at most shared only with friends.

If we can included those scan pictures aswell, I'm sick of seeing them from people I don't know all that well :( I'm just waiting for the pictures from the delivery room, I missed the ones of the conception :rolleyes:

*also think how these pictures might affect other people unable to get pregnant/who have had a miscarriage, they do not need to see this popping up the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Boombastic wrote: »

If we can included those scan pictures aswell, I'm sick of seeing them from people I don't know all that well :( I'm just waiting for the pictures from the delivery room, I missed the ones of the conception :rolleyes:

*also think how these pictures might affect other people unable to get pregnant/who have had a miscarriage, they do not need to see this popping up the whole time.

Your last point is something I meant to say earlier. I know a friend of mine suffered a miscarriage very early in pregnancy, and photos of a foetus, let alone a scan, absolutely destroy her. She never got a chance to see her child after it passed and to see someone else's is really hard.

Sure we'll agree to disagree, we all have different opinions on it. I personally don't agree with it and putting it on Facebook means its going to appear on people's newsfeed. Some people would be really disturbed by it, child or not, its a graphic image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you think about it - how many people that you're friends with on Facebook would you actually talk to about grieving for the loss of a child? Probably not many because it's an intensely private and deeply tragic thing to have to deal with. I imagine if I lost a child I would find it difficult to talk about it except to my closest personal friends and family.

That's why I find it extremely odd that people share things like that online for all to see. It's just something I can't ever get my head around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

People "liked" a picture of her dead foetus?!! I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

That's the problem with people who put up 'bad news' statuses...I think people 'like' them to show support but it comes off so callous!

I've posted this before on Boards, but a close friend of mine died last year and another friend of hers who's a bit of a d1ck came to the funeral with a massive camera and took loads of photos. He put up a status the next day that said 'really sad but beautiful day' with all the pictures he'd taken. The worst part was that he'd tagged pictures of the coffin as our dead friend! So the news feed said 'X has been tagged in 10 pictures in the album: X's funeral'

:eek:

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    That's the problem with people who put up 'bad news' statuses...I think people 'like' them to show support but it comes off so callous!

I've posted this before on Boards, but a close friend of mine died last year and another friend of hers who's a bit of a d1ck came to the funeral with a massive camera and took loads of photos. He put up a status the next day that said 'really sad but beautiful day' with all the pictures he'd taken. The worst part was that he'd tagged pictures of the coffin as our dead friend! So the news feed said 'X has been tagged in 10 pictures in the album: X's funeral'

:eek:

Wow, just wow..

I'm not keen on those death statuses either and all the people liking them. It's not that I mind them announcing the death but the ones that are written as if they are talking to the dead person:confused:

e.g.: I m1ss you, today we would have done x,y,z,. Your birthdays not the same without you, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Boombastic wrote: »
    Wow, just wow..

I'm not keen on those death statuses either and all the people liking them. It's not that I mind them announcing the death but the ones that are written as if they are talking to the dead person:confused:

e.g.: I m1ss you, today we would have done x,y,z,. Your birthdays not the same without you, etc.

Done by complete and utter attention seekers.
    Same with stuff like "Happy birthday/anniversary etc to my wonderful husband, love you so much".
    Ye live in the same house, tell him, no one else gives a ****.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Done by complete and utter attention seekers.
    Same with stuff like "Happy birthday/anniversary etc to my wonderful husband, love you so much".
    Ye live in the same house, tell him, no one else gives a ****.

or 'happy birthday darling you're 2 today'............................I mean are they even on fb, can they read?

I always picture these people in front of the computer typing these and the child beside them

child: look what I made/can do, look I can stand on my head and draw the mona lisa
    parent: Not now, go away, I'm on fb wishing you a happy birthday:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Just saw this on my feed. The amount of likes is startling. Stupidity doesn't describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Drakares wrote: »
    Just saw this on my feed. The amount of likes is startling. Stupidity doesn't describe.
    What's it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

What's it about?

A guy rang FM104 yesterday saying he was going to jump off a bridge, the host talked him out of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

This is an actual status i am copying off my phone right now

"I'm 1 year with 'said boy' today! It's been the best year ever.. :D best decision i made saying yes to him.. :D some things are worth waiting for eh <tag>said boy<tag>? :P thank you for everything you do :) love you so much xx <3 p.s thanks for the lovely presents :D"

where first comment replies (from best friend):
    "Happy one year anniversary to you & said boy!! :) that time flew!! :)delighted do ye both just like I was a year ago!! :D<3"

in which original poster replies:
    "thanks you m'dear :D ah i'm happy out.. always am anyway :P it's been a quick year but a very good one.. can't wait for next weekend now :D till we celebrate! ;) shots shots shots my auld friend <3"

I cannot live on this planet anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

ghogie91 wrote: »
    This is an actual status i am copying off my phone right now

"I'm 1 year with 'said boy' today! It's been the best year ever.. :D best decision i made saying yes to him.. :D some things are worth waiting for eh <tag>said boy<tag>? :P thank you for everything you do :) love you so much xx <3 p.s thanks for the lovely presents :D"

where first comment replies (from best friend):
    "Happy one year anniversary to you & said boy!! :) that time flew!! :)delighted do ye both just like I was a year ago!! :D<3"

in which original poster replies:
    "thanks you m'dear :D ah i'm happy out.. always am anyway :P it's been a quick year but a very good one.. can't wait for next weekend now :D till we celebrate! ;) shots shots shots my auld friend <3"

I cannot live on this planet anymore

first world problems eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

first world problems eh?

I just hate that sh1t, there is no need/point for that like

maybe thats just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I just hate that sh1t, there is no need/point for that like

maybe thats just me

Yeah, all that people being happy in relationships and deciding they want to share it on facebook makes me want to vomit! They should be ashamed of themselves! More dead foetuses is what I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Yeah, all that people being happy in relationships and deciding they want to share it on facebook makes me want to vomit! They should be ashamed of themselves! More dead foetuses is what I want!

Can they not send a ****in text message or private mail to 'thank' them for being so great bBz2k13xoxox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just got this message
    Hello Ladies,
    so here is the time of year again when we try to raise awareness for breast cancer through a game. It’s very easy and I would like ALL of you to participate. Two years ago we had to write the colour of our underwear on our wall. Men wondered for days at what was going on with random colours on girls’ walls. This year, we make references to your love life status.
    Do not answer to this message, just post the corresponding word on your wall AND send this message privately to all the girls in your contacts!!!!
    BLUEBERRY - Single; PINEAPPLE= it’s complicated; RASPBERRY= I can’t/don’t want to commit; APPLE=engaged; CHERRY=in a relationship; BANANA=married; AVOCADO=I’m the better half; STRAWBERRY=can’t find Mr. Right; LEMON=want to be single; RAISIN=want to get married to my partner. Last time, the underwear game was mentioned on TV, let’s see if we get there with this one!!! Copy and paste this message into a new one and update your wall""

Ooops, I let the cat out of the bag.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just got this message

Ooops, I let the cat out of the bag.

Remind me... what's the logic behind this that it'll "raise awareness of Breast Cancer" again? :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Remind me... what's the logic behind this that it'll "raise awareness of Breast Cancer" again? :confused: :rolleyes:

If there is any logic behind it, I certainly can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The only thing it'll raise is my eyebrow in reaction to the sanity of any of my FB friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If there is any logic behind it, I certainly can't see it.

If their last game was mentioned on TV, what exactly do you think's the logic of it??? It'll get people talking about it & they'll find out...

Not that cryptic or difficult really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement