Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

"I hate ignorantc cúnts........." [sic only without the fada on the u]

this got 21 likes in an hour. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

Everyone probably won't see it, but a friend keeps getting tagged in travellers pics.

2 pics of girls together "Who's hotter?" and they have all sorts of fonts and bebo spelling :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

"i want to be a td and give all the poor people back there money"

" i should have made it a long time ago on tv if yous are looking for me i will do anything cheers for good money d" under a picture trying to convince people he's "mad".
    This is all from a 28 year old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"tiered.com" and being the little shít i am i swiftly replied with "misspelled.com"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What's with people having ago at big corporations on Facebook? The littlewoods thing a few months back, Treacy's Hotel a few weeks ago and now all these idiots giving out to Sky Sports for not showing Irish athletes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

So sick of all the "John Doe > Sky/RTE/Niki Minaj" crap. The first few were mildly amusing, now its just attention seeking and boring FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And I've seen two huge threads about meteor and three. At least the meteor girl could actually spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

I just saw someone bump their own status

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Among the many updates during the three plus hours of spectacular London closing ceremony:

"poor gary barlow, what a hero x"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Among the many updates during the three plus hours of spectacular London closing ceremony:

Hero is the wrong word but I would still give the man credit seeing as he lost a child in the last week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

Dragons have a bad enough rep as it is...

"PLEASE put this on your status if you know someone or
    are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons.
    Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't
    know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy
    and paste this, because they have already been eaten by
    dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower, armed
    with fire extinguishers. The remaining 1% are awesome,
    and will re-post this."

WTF? I thought our rep was fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

People writing stupid complaints on the likes of meteor and 3, or abusing singers about how stupid they are in hopes of getting likes is getting a bit pathetic at this stage.

One friend on facebook wrote this on the sony page in search of "likes"

Dear Sony Mobile,
    I bought a phone from Vodafone at a cost of €120 about 1 year and 3 months ago at a reasonable price for a mid range quality phone at that current time. Since the day i got it, I have treated the phone with the highest respect and it only had one major incident on when i drop it and the screen smashed after having it for only one month but was fixed almost immediatly.
    Other than the odd drop on the ground but nothing to serious the phone has no cracks or signs of fatigue. But one question I must ask is? Why the **** is my phone now disobeying me for the past 5-6months as in it turns itself off randomly, when switched on it shutsdown three times before it stays on... The app market sometimes doesnt respond. I've have been pretty patient with some of the replace me in a few months **** you have brought out over the years but i seriously doubt Nokia would sue you guys if you were to look at the structure they used for the Nokia 3310. Please cut the **** and do the decent thing,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Why do people feel the need to give a running commentary of the Closing Ceremony / any big event through non-stop Facebook statuses?! Get a Twitter! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

"tiered.com" and being the little shít i am i swiftly replied with "misspelled.com"
    Oh but what if he really meant 'tiered'; after being assigned to the A or B team in a sports club, for example? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Why do people still shorten "come" to "cum" in Facebook statuses?! Maybe it's just my dirty mind, but I usually have to read sentences such as the two below twice...

"Can't wait til <person> cums to visit me!"

"<person>, u left ur bag at my house, cum into me 2moro 2 get it back!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

garv123 wrote: »
    People writing stupid complaints on the likes of meteor and 3, or abusing singers about how stupid they are in hopes of getting likes is getting a bit pathetic at this stage.

One friend on facebook wrote this on the sony page in search of "likes"

Dear Sony Mobile,
    I bought a phone from Vodafone at a cost of €120 about 1 year and 3 months ago at a reasonable price for a mid range quality phone at that current time. Since the day i got it, I have treated the phone with the highest respect and it only had one major incident on when i drop it and the screen smashed after having it for only one month but was fixed almost immediatly.
    Other than the odd drop on the ground but nothing to serious the phone has no cracks or signs of fatigue. But one question I must ask is? Why the **** is my phone now disobeying me for the past 5-6months as in it turns itself off randomly, when switched on it shutsdown three times before it stays on... The app market sometimes doesnt respond. I've have been pretty patient with some of the replace me in a few months **** you have brought out over the years but i seriously doubt Nokia would sue you guys if you were to look at the structure they used for the Nokia 3310. Please cut the **** and do the decent thing,
    These people need to watch Louis CK's standup. For literally this topic.
    Why do people feel the need to give a running commentary of the Closing Ceremony / any big event through non-stop Facebook statuses?! Get a Twitter! :p
    I know, very annoying; particularly the updates that don't specify anything:
    "WOW!" - - 5 people like this.
    Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Status on a friend's page recently....

xxx xxx went from engaged to single

:eek: So succinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

just seen this posted by a friend of a friend

Off to Mum's funeral. R.I.P.

on this, losing a close family member is a pretty major thing. it throws people off balance and a lot of the time they are trying to continue on as normal, It's just that they have no idea what's normal for the situation they are in. I think people should get a free pass from these kind of things at times like that. I understand why you think it's inappropriate but in the circumstances I think it's understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that's one stupid status I actually agree with. Hero might be a strong word but that guy has been through a lot the past week and acted nothing but professional on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

just seen this posted by a friend of a friend

Off to Mum's funeral. R.I.P.

Mr Jinx and 18 other friends like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

People who post stuff like...

"de stupid b1tch shud no wa happns wh3n yhu fck wth me, ughh snkes in dis town tbh :@:@:@:@:@:Q:Q:Q"

Give me a ****ing break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Oh so thats what 'status' means. I always thought it meant like relationship status or martial status. Silly me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

WumBuster is in a relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But, unless you're an American, you should have have used the 'strong verb' past form of 'misspelt'. Boy, I'd say you're feeling really embarrassed now…

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

on the way home on the 45a ****ed outa my head nd decide **** this noise im goin to see some fishes in sea life bray.. best 15 quid iv ever spent nicest comedown goin haha

made me jealous of being stuck in work

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

+100000000000000000 for the complaints to companies uhhhhhhhh!!!

i didnt read through the whole thread but what reallllllly annoys me is the following:

- 'snuggling up with the best boyfriend in the whole wide world eating chinese'.......... do i care??? NO!!

- desperado's complaining that they are home alone and if only a hunky man would come to them. Then they wonder why the nutters ask them on dates! Do they not realise that being THAT desperate does not attract the hunky men!!

- females boasting about their huge 'assets'... get a life!!

- people doing stupid poses for pictures and even worse taking a pic in the mirror and the camera can be seen!!!

- people posting pictures of their meals.....:confused: If it's some sort of an amazing desert that has been constructed to look like something fabulous then lovely but if its spaghetti bolognaise then get a life!

If only people were as perfect as me..... if only :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

littlelulu wrote: »
    +100000000000000000 for the complaints to companies uhhhhhhhh!!!

Drives me crazy too. The problem is that a lot of people think Facebook is the default way to communicate. They have no notion that an email, phonecall or contact through the company's website is the way to go about making a complaint.

I have a few colleagues who have no idea how to use ellipses (the little dots at the end of a sentence) and put them in everywhere. Last week: "Happy birthday to my wonderful sister.....hope you have a fantastic.....day.....". Seriously, use a comma or a full stop or anything, it reads like he's falling asleep as he types!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I have a few colleagues who have no idea how to use ellipses (the little dots at the end of a sentence) and put them in everywhere. Last week: "Happy birthday to my wonderful sister.....hope you have a fantastic.....day.....". Seriously, use a comma or a full stop or anything, it reads like he's falling asleep as he types!

i am a full stop and exclamation mark addict! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 molly bronski

And the hearts. For **** sake don't forget the hearts <3

I always thought that symbol was an arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

My news feed could be mistaken for a complaints column in a newspaper- seriously frustrating me! Everything from Meteor to local shops- seriously if people want to complain why can't they just go to the shop to complain or write a letter of complaint!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement