Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Scráib wrote: »
    I don't care if you had the 'Best Burger ever'.

:pac: LOL! Yes, why does Facebook make people want to talk about what they ate? It's really annoying.

I had a 'friend' who used to do it all the bloody time. I mean ALL the time. She used post pictures of the food too, the little weirdo. So one night my (ex) boyfriend rang her up after a feed in Supermacs at 2 in the morning and told her all about it in detail. She was not impressed, but we laughed all the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TrollyDolly

Weather updates!! most annoying updates ever,

it rained last week (in Ireland,during the Summer..oh the horror)
    and my news feed looked like i had just logged on to Met Eireann's web page. Unless your in a Josef Fritzl style cage in which i doubt you would have access to FB then looking out the window can tell me its raining!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

Apanachi wrote: »

Seriously folks, you're ENGLISH, you should be able to speak (write) you're own language.

(and yes, I know typos can happen, been prone to that myself a few time)

And how wonderful it is when such typos are found in posts in which you are lambasting those who don't understand English grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

First off I can't make out half of this and secondly why do girls do this crap (this is from a photo I came across just now)

Girl 1 - Diis BjOur iis Lukiin S3xuual ;) .. 3asyy KnOwn Sh3s Miin3 :) :L .. LoOv3Yah :*
    12 June at 17:26

Owner of photo - Haah TaanQ Dol Buuh Naah Reaally :)...And Suure LoOk Ah Yaah s3lf JeelOus Muuch :(...LoOveeYhuuBiigMuch:DD​ :*
    12 June at 21:52

Girl 1 - Yahh iis Doll Gawjuss Biig Much ;) .. gOuh Wiill Yahh n3ar a 1 J3luss a m3 d3n :):L .. n d3ff nO ne3d 4 Yhuu t b3 ;) .. Lubbs Yahh lOng Tyym ♥ :*
    12 June at 21:56

owner of photo -yup d3r iis Hun ;)...LoOv3 yaah Long Tym;)..
    12 June at 22:01

girl 1 - ‎:):*..Lyysm:*
    12 June at 22:03

girl 2 - lookin w3ll hunni33 xxxxxxxxxxxxx........;p
    13 June at 14:20

owner of photo - Taanx Shann3n LyykWiis3 Doll :)..XxXxxxXxXxXxxxxxXxxxxx​X
    13 June at 15:33

girl 3 - Stunnin Leeann :o ♥ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'Ly
    26 June at 14:47

owner of photo - tanx caOimh3 lyk urs3lf :) ...lymtaa
    taanx briig3t hun ....xxxxxx
    04 July at 23:30

i may add she does not look in any way attractive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My Cousin does some awesome ones:
    Juicy Juice is life.
    Do raisins expire?
    My fridge just peed a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

my account is very private but I'm not comfortable with the idea at all. You mght think you know someone but you might not. Or having people copy and pasting photos to a wider audience? I know I'm most likely being irrational but I'd rather not expose my daughter like that. When she's old enough to put her own photos on facebook then fine. Until then, I won't be doing it.

Personally, it's not really about the fear of paedophiles (AHHHHHHH STRANGER DANGER!!!).I think it's even more about the fact that the image of the child is not mine, ultimately it's theirs.

If I put up photos of friends and tag them, they can a) remove the tag, b) ask me to take the photo down. The child doesn't usually have the option to ask you to take it down..

I wouldn't be happy if my mother chronicled my life on Facebook. Maybe that's just me and my extreme grumpiness at my privacy being constantly assaulted.

tl;dr not my image to use, I wouldn't put up pics of young'un.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was reasing this all day and what pops up on my fb tonight?
    My 13 year old cousin posing in her school uniform with one of those duck faces (that she has in EVERY picture!) and the caption "Meh inn My Uniform :/ Lookin Likee a Lurk :L"

So while I already had to question her ability to speak English I then had to try read the conversation below it:

I am ashamed to be related to her right now...
    She is going to be one fun teenager!

I know they've posted it in public but there's something a little weird about eavesdropping on 13 year olds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

greenybaby wrote: »
    First off I can't make out half of this and secondly why do girls do this crap (this is from a photo I came across just now)

Girl 1 - Diis BjOur iis Lukiin S3xuual ;) .. 3asyy KnOwn Sh3s Miin3 :) :L .. LoOv3Yah :*
    12 June at 17:26

Owner of photo - Haah TaanQ Dol Buuh Naah Reaally :)...And Suure LoOk Ah Yaah s3lf JeelOus Muuch :(...LoOveeYhuuBiigMuch:DD​ :*
    12 June at 21:52

Girl 1 - Yahh iis Doll Gawjuss Biig Much ;) .. gOuh Wiill Yahh n3ar a 1 J3luss a m3 d3n :):L .. n d3ff nO ne3d 4 Yhuu t b3 ;) .. Lubbs Yahh lOng Tyym ♥ :*
    12 June at 21:56

owner of photo -yup d3r iis Hun ;)...LoOv3 yaah Long Tym;)..
    12 June at 22:01

girl 1 - ‎:):*..Lyysm:*
    12 June at 22:03

girl 2 - lookin w3ll hunni33 xxxxxxxxxxxxx........;p
    13 June at 14:20

owner of photo - Taanx Shann3n LyykWiis3 Doll :)..XxXxxxXxXxXxxxxxXxxxxx​X
    13 June at 15:33

girl 3 - Stunnin Leeann :o ♥ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'Ly
    26 June at 14:47

owner of photo - tanx caOimh3 lyk urs3lf :) ...lymtaa
    taanx briig3t hun ....xxxxxx
    04 July at 23:30

i may add she does not look in any way attractive :rolleyes:

That just made my cousin and her friends look like Jane Austen.
    I know they've posted it in public but there's something a little weird about eavesdropping on 13 year olds.

Noone eavesdropped. It came up on my homepage. It's not like I went searching for the conversation.
    It's the same as walking into a room where they're all talking around you. You can't not hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

And how wonderful it is when such typos are found in posts in which you are lambasting those who don't understand English grammar.
    Arrrghhhhhhh, I seriously NEVER make that mistake, now I feel like a write... erm... I mean right tool...!!!!

But hey, in my defence I DID say typos can happen, and that I have been prone to that myself a few times, this was such a case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Oh and how could I forget the idiots who need to tell everyone when they're going to the gym...or going for a run...

I hate those statuses!
    • I've done an hour at the gym, I'm so knackered.
    • Wow I really over did it yesterday my stomach muscles really ache
    • Omg I've just done a 20 mile run

Then they put up a profile pic of themselves looking 'fab' that they took in the bathroom mirror and you're like eh with all that exercise you'd think you'd have lost some weight :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Dragons have a bad enough rep as it is...

"PLEASE put this on your status if you know someone or
    are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons.
    Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't
    know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy
    and paste this, because they have already been eaten by
    dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower, armed
    with fire extinguishers. The remaining 1% are awesome,
    and will re-post this."

My new status thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

The dragon status is the best!!

That just made my cousin and her friends look like Jane Austen.

Noone eavesdropped. It came up on my homepage. It's not like I went searching for the conversation.
    It's the same as walking into a room where they're all talking around you. You can't not hear it

You must have some weird settings and I still don't see why you 'had' to read it. Do all you people have some setting on that spams your homepage with every piece of crap everyone in your friend list sends to everyone else? Why on earth would you want that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

You dont get facebook newsfeed set up do you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You must have some weird settings and I still don't see why you 'had' to read it. Do all you people have some setting on that spams your homepage with every piece of crap everyone in your friend list sends to everyone else? Why on earth would you want that?

As booboo said. It's the Newsfeed. All facebook newsfeeds are the same

And I never said I "had" to read it. I came across it and thought it suited thsi thread

booboo88 wrote: »
    You dont get facebook newsfeed set up do you?

I certainly don't. Subscribe to spam, get spam... profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

Apanachi wrote: »
    Arrrghhhhhhh, I seriously NEVER make that mistake, now I feel like a write... erm... I mean right tool...!!!!

But hey, in my defence I DID say typos can happen, and that I have been prone to that myself a few times, this was such a case ;)

Wait, what was that? The sound of you tumbling down from your pedestal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

I hate those statuses!
    • I've done an hour at the gym, I'm so knackered.
    • Wow I really over did it yesterday my stomach muscles really ache
    • Omg I've just done a 20 mile run

Then they put up a profile pic of themselves looking 'fab' that they took in the bathroom mirror and you're like eh with all that exercise you'd think you'd have lost some weight :confused:

ehhh, are you stalking my fb page :D

anything posted in that stoopid text speak, its deliberatly spelt the way it would sound in a "howya luuuv" townie accent :mad::mad::mad::mad: fukk up and learn to speak properly you twat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

^^^ lulz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    anything posted in that stoopid text speak, its deliberatly spelt the way it would sound in a "howya luuuv" townie accent :mad::mad::mad::mad: fukk up and learn to speak properly you twat

I'm not being a dick but is "stoopid" not an example of same?

• Advertisement

Why, why, whyyyyy do people take photos of their reflection in the mirror when showing off their 'amAzn nuu hAiR du n ÉPíc masckara!'
    Turn it around and do it the normal, non flash-reflection-lighting-up-the-whole-picture way. Or just get someone else to take the photo.

Or just stop taking pictures of your ugly mug completely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

mirrors are flattering.

RichieC wrote: »
    mirrors are flattering.

No amount of mirrors can flatter some people! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

El Siglo wrote: »
    To be honest I'm annoyed looking at the status updates about Amy Winehouse dying and at the same time over 90 people are murdered in Oslo by a sadistic fuck.

Sadly, I read a post about some total twat saying how she cried for hours when she heard the news about Amy Whinehouse. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

There's an absolute idiot on my facebook who friended me through a relatives page and even though she infuriates me I haven't deleted her yet because of the fun that laughing at her stupidity provides! She posts a million times a day, usually a blow-by-blow narrative of what she's doing or a cringeworthily intimate account of her latest argument with her knacker boyfriend (usually followed by a sappy post about how much she loves him).

An example of her contributions this evening (better spelling and less text-speak than usual unfortunately):

4 hours ago:
    goin to get in de bath nw x

3 hours ago:
    defo goin to get in de bath its ran just waittin for it to cool dwn hahahh x

2 hours ago:
    just got out de bath xx

1 hour ago:
    think ill go and do somthink 2 eat nw xx

A few minutes ago:
    chips and sausageroll for me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

^^ how old is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

there are some really sad ba$tards knocking around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I certainly don't. Subscribe to spam, get spam... profit?

Facebook is wasted on you, please tell me you dont have an account?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

The scariest thing about some of the dumb facebook status updates is that some of these people have children. Like are in charge of an actual human being. They shouldn't even own a computer, never mind a child.

And as for those "I'm going to leave an obscure status here giving away very little information so someone will ask me about it" people. Get a f**king life. Or a counsellor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

Semele wrote: »
    4 hours ago:
    goin to get in de bath nw x

3 hours ago:
    defo goin to get in de bath its ran just waittin for it to cool dwn hahahh x

2 hours ago:
    just got out de bath xx

1 hour ago:
    think ill go and do somthink 2 eat nw xx

A few minutes ago:
    chips and sausageroll for me xx

Any updates on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement