Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

'RIP Amy Winehouse Amazing Singer omg speechless xx'

Name one song other than Rehab/Valarie :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ImportGunner

calm down crap car man !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Dudess wrote: »
    So you guys obviously dislike these people about whom you bitch - any reason why you won't delete them? No guts or the risk of your friend count being decreased...?

If I deleted everyone whom I disliked on Facebook, I would have a grand total of zero friends on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

To be honest I'm annoyed looking at the status updates about Amy Winehouse dying and at the same time over 90 people are murdered in Oslo by a sadistic fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

El Siglo wrote: »
    To be honest I'm annoyed looking at the status updates about Amy Winehouse dying and at the same time over 90 people are murdered in Oslo by a sadistic fuck.

+1. 90% of my News Feed is taken up with sob stories over Winehouse's death (which was completely preventable). The priorities...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

When people write "Thank crunchie it's Friday." as their status it makes me want to hit them.

PS. whey-hey, 100th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

this guy really hits the nail on the head :) -

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

+ 1 on the Amy Winehouse status's. Some are even quoting the line from one of her songs "they tried to make me go to rehab and I said no no no" and putting their own words into it FFS like :mad:

Another status when I logged in this morning said something along the lines of " help can't see my computer screen the writing has gone all tiny can't see my facebook page emails etc need a magnifying glass too see them what do I do??'with grrr at the end of the status.
    Instantly I though hmmm yes you seemed to have zoomed out. First comment on her status was 'zoom out" from another fairly stupid individual. :D:D:D. Some people are just plain thick in fairness and use facebook to display it all. Thank god I remain offline now. Escapes the annoying people who always pop up on chat when I log's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

I like to contrast people's facebook status's (what people want us to think their lives are like) with the topics in the Personal Issues forum (what their lives are actually like) for balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Went once alright, but there were too many skangers called "anto" and "deco" there for my liking...each to their own though

Ah... the Irish version of Ant and Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

'' i honestly dont know what im going to do now that harry potter is finished :('' that ****e was over for a few years anyway, bloody facebook news feed got spammed with loads of that bollocks after that movie came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    'RIP Amy Winehouse Amazing Singer omg speechless xx'

Name one song other than Rehab/Valarie :rolleyes:

That one with Mark Benson.
    Oh no, wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

"Need Ambulance" was a status by one of friends last week. She then decided to turn off her phone so all the worries people could not contact her!!

The funny thing was she wrote the status using an Iphone?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I'm probably the annoying friend on facebook. I've no tolerance for any other annoying people on facebook though. What grinds my gears are the emo depressed status such as
    her: fml :(
    someone comments underneath it
    r u ok Hun
    her: obviously not.

It's not just once, it could be twice a day every day and it's never something happy.

Also anyone that uses that vile c word is deleted immediately.

I've recently had a good friend clearout on facebook. From 230ish friends down to 120. I've decided to keep it at that, and should anyone better add me as a friend, I must delete another friend to make space for new one.

Also why do people insist on adding hundreds of photos of their children or babies on facebook?

Maybe I'm just over protective but I find that incredibly creepy and would never allow a picture of my child to go onto any social networking site, be it on my page or on her daddys page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Also why do people insist on adding hundreds of photos of their children or babies on facebook?

Maybe I'm just over protective but I find that incredibly creepy and would never allow a picture of my child to go onto any social networking site, be it on my page or on her daddys page.

Definitely a case of someone who really doesn't understand who can see their photos. Especially if Facebook is a site that connects you to people you really don't actually know.

Related hates are people who, as soon as they have a baby, make their profile pic their baby. Bar one person on my 'friends' list, everyone who's had a baby now has their profile pic as their baby.

I've also seen people setting up facebook pages for their baby, as in their details, name etc. Seriously messed up stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you have your account setup so the whole world can see it then yeah you have a point.

If your account is private and you are still concerned, you should unfriend the paedophiles on your friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Amy winehouse dead! Set Facebook stream to abject **** fest for the next few days!

An update from a friend the day she died, an uncanny prediction.

Also anyone that uses that vile c word is deleted immediately.

'Ladygarden' does it for me.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If you have your account setup so the whole world can see it then yeah you have a point.

If your account is private and you are still concerned, you should unfriend the paedophiles on your friends list.
    my account is very private but I'm not comfortable with the idea at all. You mght think you know someone but you might not. Or having people copy and pasting photos to a wider audience? I know I'm most likely being irrational but I'd rather not expose my daughter like that. When she's old enough to put her own photos on facebook then fine. Until then, I won't be doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Bingo.

'Ladygarden' does it for me.

Most people don't talk about their ladygarden on facebook Toby take a bow ;)

Most people don't talk about their ladygarden on facebook Toby take a bow ;)

Most people don't talk about their cun... oh, I see where I went wrong there.

Shush! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

anyone that puts a single word adjective, with dot com at the end.

e.g.

Bored.com
    Hungover.com
    Tired.com
    Hungry.com etc etc ad nauseam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

netnerd wrote: »
    anyone that puts a single word adjective, with dot com at the end.

e.g.

Bored.com
    Hungover.com
    Tired.com
    Hungry.com etc etc ad nauseam

Im horn.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

People who put smileys in their statuses. Dunno why it annoys me. Or even double smileys, like :-D :-D. You have 2 faces?

A-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

A status today.

"Better to be dead than hungover.....FACT"

Yeah ok.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

An American friend:

"Gonna do what gaga says- dance, it'll be ok"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I thought Facebook was for adding friends/people you like? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.