Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

Aoifey! wrote: »
    "bad day.com"

If you really felt the need to write just "bad day", I wouldn't really mind. Sure it's a bit pointless, but okay, whatever, fair enough. But why, WHY, do you need to ".com"?! It makes no sense what so ever.

Grrrr.com

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Gotta hate them statuses where girls post "I may not be beautiful or hot or skinny or..........etc etc".....and the girls posting it are hot and not obese or curvy or whatever they say they are just wanting people to think "oh she doesn't think she's hot, and she's hottttt, awww poor thing."

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Samich wrote: »
    Gotta hate them statuses where girls post "I may not be beautiful or hot or skinny or..........etc etc".....and the girls posting it are hot and not obese or curvy or whatever they say they are just wanting people to think "oh she doesn't think she's hot, and she's hottttt, awww poor thing."

Nah they're usually obese cretins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I hope for all humanity nobody ever does that.

i saw it done
    i logged into FB one afternoon and saw "joe bloggs and jane doe both commented on photo" saying stuff like "omg this is so sad" and "he's in a better place" now this was of a person's photo i didn't know so i thouht it odd and especailly i couldnt see what the photo was of properly, so me being curious i clicked and couldn't believe what i saw

a photo album of someone and their family in a funeral home, posing next to the open casket with the corpse of a dead relative inside. i actually sat for a good while wondering the mentality of someone who wouldn not only think of taking pictures of a dead person in a funeral home but would then upload them on the internet. i took a long break from FB after that

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ElishaR86

FML (**** my life)............does my blood head in. Shut up, there's nothing actually f***ing wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People having their family on facebook is weird. (Names changed...)

16 Year old Prick
    I'm gonna riot with all the girls and smash their doors in! ;)
    Tuesday at 22:35 via BlackBerry · Like ·
    8 people like this.

Prick's auntie: 16 YEAR OLD PRICK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday at 22:39 · Like

Prick: Haha
    Tuesday at 22:40 · Like

Prick's auntie: wait till nanny King sees this !!1 hahaha you wont b laughing then ...:)))
    Tuesday at 22:41 · Like

Prick: Lol I know
    Tuesday at 22:42 · Like

Prick's auntie: Nanny King tell him off now !!!
    Tuesday at 22:43 · Like

Prick's auntie: hahahahahaha

Prick's auntie: Pricks in trouble !!!!!!

Prick's nanny King: I've seen it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just you wait my lad
    Tuesday at 22:46 · Like

Prick's auntie: Yessssss get in there Nanny ...lol
    Tuesday at 22:46 · Like

Prick's mom: pmsl x
    Wednesday at 07:35 · Like

Every status of his is like that. And he always post pictures of him with no top on, which his mom always comment on saying how good his body is.
    Disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

brummytom wrote: »
    Every status of his is like that. And he always post pictures of him with no top on, which his mom always comment on saying how good his body is.
    Disturbing.

http://imgkk.com/i/4b9j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Saw this one on my feed today - there is something disturbing about a grown woman (aged around 23) who uses the word "cum" for "come"....and just read the context aswell. It's plain wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/Jm2Y7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

400,000 X 1 million = 400 billion

Payed annually @ €50,000 each over 20 years = 20 billion per annum.

Less 400,000 x €12,000 social welfare payments = 4.8 billion

Total cost = €15.2 billion per annum

Now that's do-able.

As 50 is the new 30, 400,000 50+ people could generate 50,000 new startups each employing 2.25 people and, if stipulated, they might all be both illegal and immigrant. Whooopa!! Another solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Saw this one the other day "OMG only 19 days to my holiday, cant wait"

Wha? 19 days? Thats a hell of a countdown you've got goin on there love!

Also this other muppett who bombarded people with the fact that she's off to Oz (nothing new there) and constantly going on about her going away party like the attention whore that she is, as if this party was the social event of the year. Thats all fine, except she arrives back in wet and windy Ireland after a month cos she couldnt find work. But hey, great party yeah? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I challenge anyone to find one single flaw in this man's argument!
    drdeadlift wrote: »
    Dear Mr. Kenny

Please find below my suggestion for fixing the Irish economy.
    Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
    There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Saw this one the other day "OMG only 19 days to my holiday, cant wait"

Wha? 19 days? Thats a hell of a countdown you've got goin on there love!

Also this other muppett who bombarded people with the fact that she's off to Oz (nothing new there) and constantly going on about her going away party like the attention whore that she is, as if this party was the social event of the year. Thats all fine, except she arrives back in wet and windy Ireland after a month cos she couldnt find work. But hey, great party yeah? :rolleyes:

The whole holiday statuses are something else. There was a lad on my Facebook doing the whole long drawn out countdown job.
    Before he left he even complained that he wanted help packing his suitcase.
    Then came the status update from the airport.
    We were then informed that he was having a great time....every day.
    Then the pictures were uploaded while he was there.
    Then an other update from the airport telling us he was sad to return.
    Cue more pictures being uploaded.

FFS what's the obsession in telling everyone you're going away. Just *uck off out of the country and turn your phone off for the holiday, isn't that what it's all about?

and yes I haven't been away from a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I like all the dumb posts, they are really funny some of the time and if someone annoys me that much I just hide their updates. I did delete a few people that I just never speak to but in general I won't add someone as a friend unless I enjoyed their company.

I have one male friend who is forever posting photos of himself and liking them which I find odd, he once posted a photo a bruise on his face that an ex boyfriend gave him which I thought was uber attention seeking. Another gay bloke I know fell on his face and posted a photo of the tiny little gash, with 'I am scarred for life, :('. Having said that when I chipped my tailbone I really wanted to post a photo of it, the bruise was massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭feels2gd2btrue

I'm a little scared to be honest... someday you'll go on facebook and it'll be a human in that box...

I saw it before with a baby that had died at birth, the parents posted pictures of all of their family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.) holding the dead baby in their arms in the hospital and other pictures of the baby in different outfits at home. That kind of thing is private and definitely not something you need to see on facebook:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I saw it before with a baby that had died at birth, the parents posted pictures of all of their family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.) holding the dead baby in their arms in the hospital and other pictures of the baby in different outfits at home. That kind of thing is private and definitely not something you need to see on facebook:confused:

These people aren't right in the head. Facebook gives them a platform to publicly air their lack of morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm beyond amazed at the amount of people who have responded to point out to me that I have far too much faith in humanity and there are in fact pictures of dead people all over facebook.

What a weird world we live in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A very good friend of mine posts random **** on an almost hourly basis, it starts with

'up now, another hard day ahead of me'
    'hot/cold as hell today'
    'Only 4hrs left till knock off time'
    'Only 2hrs left now...roll on 5pm!'
    'Home now and ready for the dinner'
    'Steak, chips, peas, gravy...Mmmmmmmm'
    'No rest for the wicked...have pile of work to do around the house'
    ''Wrecked tired...is it bed time yet?'
    'Thats it, have to go to bed now, so tired'
    'In bed now, talk tomorrow'

Now he's the soundest fella ever and a very very good friend but when i see his stupid status announcements i cringe everytime...i'd love to say it to him but i wouldnt want to offend him so i've just changed my profile to hide all his status updates from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

"some ppl just need a kick in the face, **** :("

"some people are just sooo sad ugh"

"so pissed off ryt nw ppl do suprise ya at times!!!!:("

"ders sum f****n ***** ou der u watch ur backs boys cuz u've pissed me off big time!!!!"

tell them.. not the world you fcukin retard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

fearbainne wrote: »
    "some ppl just need a kick in the face, **** :("

"some people are just sooo sad ugh"

"so pissed off ryt nw ppl do suprise ya at times!!!!:("

"ders sum f****n ***** ou der u watch ur backs boys cuz u've pissed me off big time!!!!"

tell them.. not the world you fcukin retard
    Plus ****ing a million, I DESPISE these stupid ambiguous "some people" statuses.
    And then all all the retards liking them and posting comments like "wats rong?" or "keep ya head up"
    FUCCK OFF AND DIE LIKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Horrible, misinformed, uneducated cretins who post shíte like this...

If you cross the North Korean border illegally,​ you get 12 yrs. hard labour. If you cross the Afghanista​n border illegally,​ you get shot. If you cross the Irish border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education,​ & tax free business for 7 yrs. No wonder we are a country in debt. Re-post if you agree

Seriously, FÛCK OFF!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Horrible, misinformed, uneducated cretins who post shíte like this...

If you cross the North Korean border illegally,​ you get 12 yrs. hard labour. If you cross the Afghanista​n border illegally,​ you get shot. If you cross the Irish border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education,​ & tax free business for 7 yrs. No wonder we are a country in debt. Re-post if you agree

Seriously, FÛCK OFF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Stephen P wrote: »

If you cross the North Korean border illegally,​ well then you're a fucking eejit. If you cross the Afghanista​n border illegally,​ you will most likely get what's coming to you. If you cross the Irish border illegally you get detained and treated like ****, until several years later, after many trials and appeals, you are sent back to your home country, after you were caught out lying about female genital mutilation. What did you expect? If you want to immigrate, do it by the correct channels. Re-post if you agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

I'm Friends with a lad who has had a countdown to his 21st nothing wrong with that but it is 69 days away

another one of his Statuses was about how he went shopping and spent 400 euro on chothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Another piece of rot just appeared on my screen...

"I remember EVERY SINGLE BIT OF LAST NIGHT i do"

your cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"God doesn't have a Blackberry or an iPhone, but He is my favourite contact. He doesn't have Facebook, but He is my best friend. He doesn't have Twitter, but I follow Him, and He doesn't have internet, but I am connected to Him. And even if He has a great communication service, His customer service never puts me on hold. Copy and paste this as your status if you think God is GREAT. What a great God I serve!!!"

"When you carry the Bible, Satan gets a headache. When you open it, he collapses. When he sees you reading it, he faints. When he sees you living what you read, he flees!! and when you are about to re-post this message, he will try and discourage you...I defeated him! Copy and re-post. :)"

"there can be miracles, when u believe..:)"

"Can anyone tell me why it is so hard to pray, but easy to swear?Why clubs are growing and churches are shrinking? Why it is so hard to re-post a Christian status, but easy to post gossip?Why we can worship a .....celebrity,but not Jesus?Gonna ignore this? The Lord said, if you deny Me in front of your friends, I will deny you in front of my Father. Re-Post if you're not afraid of what your friends will think"

All posted in between boasts of having "too much food :P" and getting "soooooooo drunk last nite lol".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i assume half this brainless shíte gets posted on twitter,we remember when a certain celeb posted about kylie mingoue concert which a tabloid posted on its front page.

im sure we have same rubbish comments wednesday for anyone receiving their leaving cert results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

'Just cut down my friends' list significantly. So feel yourself relatively liked if you're reading this'.

UGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

cazzzzz wrote: »
    'Just cut down my friends' list significantly. So feel yourself relatively liked if you're reading this'.

UGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhh
    That just sounds so obnoxious I don't think I could resist commenting "Just gonna do the same myself in a second" and then delete the person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Aoifey! wrote: »
    That just sounds so obnoxious I don't think I could resist commenting "Just gonna do the same myself in a second" and then delete the person.

It's just like, if you're going to delete people that's fine, what is the point of posting about this?

Another one of my friends on FB has some serious Gems though,

'I have just checked in at 'Who gives a f*ck'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement