Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

Thought that too. The thing is that people who you hardly ever speak to or people that you just met once want to add you as a friend but never chat to you on it. All just to boost up the number of friends that they appear to have on it I guess.
    Also these likes that appear on the news feed with stupid status's are really annoying. Have blocked a load of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dudess wrote: »
    So you guys obviously dislike these people about whom you bitch - any reason why you won't delete them? No guts or the risk of your friend count being decreased...?

Indeed, I don't have people who I hate on my FB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The thing is that people who you hardly ever speak to or people that you just met once want to add you as a friend but never chat to you on it. All just to boost up the number of friends that they appear to have on it I guess.
    Then ignore their friend request or delete them if you've added them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Thought that too. The thing is that people who you hardly ever speak to or people that you just met once want to add you as a friend but never chat to you on it. All just to boost up the number of friends that they appear to have on it I guess.
    Also these likes that appear on the news feed with stupid status's are really annoying. Have blocked a load of them.

But you add them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

this status was posted by me
    background...i was out of school from monday 14th to 16th of febuary this year

"reason i havent been in school is because i cant get out the door with all the valentines day cards"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    But you add them anyway?

No course not, just don't accept them as friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dudess wrote: »
    I thought Facebook was for adding friends/people you like? :confused:

God no, the true reason for Facebook is to stalk exes, people you hate, dislike, and possibly once got in an argument with on a bus sometime :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I've also seen people setting up facebook pages for their baby, as in their details, name etc. Seriously messed up stuff.

Ugh, I fúcking HATE those people!!!!! "Today I gurgled and smiled at daddy. Mummy is taking me to the zoo tomorrow."

Do you want to 'friend' my 3 week old baby boy? Um........ NO!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

netnerd wrote: »
    anyone that puts a single word adjective, with dot com at the end.

e.g.

Bored.com
    Hungover.com
    Tired.com
    Hungry.com etc etc ad nauseam

you forgot the .com in ad nauseam.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Was reasing this all day and what pops up on my fb tonight?
    My 13 year old cousin posing in her school uniform with one of those duck faces (that she has in EVERY picture!) and the caption "Meh inn My Uniform :/ Lookin Likee a Lurk :L"

So while I already had to question her ability to speak English I then had to try read the conversation below it:
    Friend One: You doo not look like a lurk Skatezz!! You look gorgeous!!! Xxxxx

Cousin: Naww ii Look likee a Nun Trust Meh Now My Skirt Miih Be a Little Higher Dan Dat Elaine ;) :L x

Friend Two: Oohhh mii ltl Nun!!;) .. iLy

Cousin: Lyy Moree Youu Sexy Beast :* x

Friend Three: OMG YHU GOT IT :o

Cousin: ii Did :) x

Cousin: ****in Size 10 Skirt :/ ii Have it Pulled Up To My Ribbs :?

Friend Three: Hahahaha Imagine Sheena in hers :L

Cousin: Yeaa :L :L

Friend Three: Yuu look really nice in it though....I'm dreading getting mine :/ xxxx

Friend Four: Ya same my skirt is past my knees i have to get it takn up :D xxx :L

Cousin: Samee xxxxx :L Buh Youu rr a babe Nyway Amiee ♥

Friend Five: omg (; youuu look stunnin in it ♥ .. getting mine tuesday ♥ .. ;)

Cousin: Oh :/ No ii Don't.. Size 10 skirt :L

I am ashamed to be related to her right now...
    She is going to be one fun teenager!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

friend's sister:
    cnt nt wait for the weekend to cum galway wnt now wat hit it.jurys inn ladies day sunday and week off after thats how i roll.hahaha cnt wait

****in idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

The people who put up stupid, pointless song lyrics like this;

"Do it like a brother. Do it like a dude. Grab my crotch, wear my hat low like you.
    We can do it like the man'dem, man'dem"

Wtf does that mean?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Was reasing this all day and what pops up on my fb tonight?
    My 13 year old cousin posing in her school uniform with one of those duck faces (that she has in EVERY picture!) and the caption "Meh inn My Uniform :/ Lookin Likee a Lurk :L"

So while I already had to question her ability to speak English I then had to try read the conversation below it:

I am ashamed to be related to her right now...
    She is going to be one fun teenager!

how to know your past it. I cant make head nor tale out of that.

my least fav updates are the ones who moan about harry potter, i dont like harry potter but for the love of jesus if you dont like him dont bloody watch him.......

ones i hate
    post sat 11.53
    bored lol

saturday saturday 3.02
    meh

same person....

f***********k off

The people who put up stupid, pointless song lyrics like this;

"Do it like a brother. Do it like a dude. Grab my crotch, wear my hat low like you.
    We can do it like the man'dem, man'dem"

Wtf does that mean?!

you not listen to the song then?
    pretty self explanitry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

i thought about this and i have decided that FACEBOOK is now officially ****ing****e.com ... nobody chats on chat cas its a balls ... emails in it is ****ed up an i cant even see the most recent updates WTF

why are you wasting your time on it then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

booboo88 wrote: »
    how to know your past it. I cant make head nor tale out of that.

my least fav updates are the ones who moan about harry potter, i dont like harry potter but for the love of jesus if you dont like him dont bloody watch him.......

ones i hate
    post sat 11.53
    bored lol

saturday saturday 3.02
    meh

same person....

f***********k off

My 14 year old brother can't understand it either. It's clearly a niche thing!
    RIP The English Language

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's not status, but I fecking hate who have newborns and bombard fecking Facebook with pictures of theyr spawn every 2 hours. And then all go "aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww sooooooo cute!!!!!! Sooooooo beautiful!!!! Aaaaaaaw."

My 14 year old brother can't understand it either. It's clearly a niche thing!
    RIP The English Language

phew. thought i had one foot in the grave for a sec:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

It's not status, but I fecking hate who have newborns and bombard fecking Facebook with pictures of theyr spawn every 2 hours. And then all go "aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww sooooooo cute!!!!!! Sooooooo beautiful!!!! Aaaaaaaw."

I do that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Some load of people complaining about their "friends" on facebook,if you dont know a person dont add them,if you fall out with a person then block them,i get stupid status updates but they are from people i know so i just tell that they are stupid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

CHealy wrote: »
    I know a bloke who started posting pics of every single meal he made or ordered in, he had a seperate album called "Yummies" or something along those lines. He started getting freaked out and couldnt put 2+2 togheter when on some random days, id just say "how was your steak and kidney pies last night?" or whatever he had the night before.

Haha that's hilairious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

anyone see that petition to keep Amy whino from being cremated so her fella can't snort her ashes... ??

i hate Fb, but that could be the funnest thing ive ever seen in my life... posted a good 4-5 minutes after the news was leaked on bbc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

An acquittance of mine was going out with someone who had their password, so the two of them would be online as the same person, at the same time, talking to each other through a status update;

I loveee you xxxxx
    >>> I love you too :):);)
    >>> <Insert sickening smushy pet name here> xXx :D:D:D
    >>> < reciprocated in an equally vile manner>
    >>> raunchiness ensues
    >>> New person: OMG u guys r so cutee

Possibly the most confusing and disturbing thing to witness.
    This is someone who is intelligent and rational in real life, what does facebook do to people? Is it wrong that all I felt was relief when they broke up entirely because of this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

It's not quite a status, but just in general, I hate when people use 'eh' for the word 'it', Like commenting on a picture "Ah babe love eh"... like seriously, just go jump off a bridge or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I think the reason these ridiculous status updates continue is cuz people respond to them. Whats worse is good status updates getting zero response. Hurrah for people as a species.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Is someone finding their facebook statuses being ignored?

In all fairness most of the annoying ones are attention seeking in nature, of course some simpler people get sucked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

"I was so ****ed last night (insert more pointless ramblings about how drunk you were) "

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ones that start like "Today is blah, blah day...". You're really making a difference. Big pat on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

"X is 100% devil today" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Every second update a quote from Paolo Coehlo. I can also read books, thanks.

Can't delete as she takes massive offence to anything that happens on Facebook, and will probably make her husband (who's very nice and a good buddy) delete myself and my husband. I have set her updates not to appear though. I'm hoping she will eventually delete me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement