Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Just one minor question .... where do we get the four hundred billion euros for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I find a number of flaws in this plan.

1. You got it off Facebook
    2. .....

OK just 1 flaw....

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Lets borrow it off the IMF.

We can also promise the IMF that we will impliment a new Prison levy for the pensioners in prison as they won't then be paying for Nursing home accomodation.

Frig it I think that was a good idea so I am now going to be Minister for Transport % Communications and Fergal can now be Minister For Everything else....unless anyone else can come up with some ideas here.....Cabinet Positions up for grabs lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What if you don't drink or smoke? What if you don't have enough money to pay the mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

1,000,000 Less a car, Mortgage/House, Education isn't a lot of money to live off for the remaining 25-30 years of your life.

Also 400,000 X 1,000,000 = A Lot of money to just dish out.

• Advertisement

also there are 5 million people in the country, instead of all these slight increases in taxes, why not have a work for free week. Pay all your wages to the country, everyone would be in the same boat. It'd raise loads of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Samich wrote: »
    also there are 5 million people in the country, instead of all these slight increases in taxes, why not have a work for free week. Pay all your wages to the country, everyone would be in the same boat. It'd raise loads of money.

Ah Bless!! Do we not pay enough taxes out of our wages already without having to then work a week for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭stellios

Send all the non working and jailbird FOREIGNERS home! how much would this save the state??

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Gary4279 wrote: »
    1,000,000 Less a car, Mortgage/House, Education isn't a lot of money to live off for the remaining 25-30 years of your life.

They could go get a part time job in Europe.

Also 400,000 X 1,000,000 = A Lot of money to just dish out.

Well thats what we said about the money we gave the banks....have we seen much of that money around since?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭parc

100 a week on alcohol and tobacco...?!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

So the plan costs €400 billion? A hell of a lot more than bailing out the banks, but ok, what the hell, lets do it anyway.

But where do we get the money? After letting the banks collapse and burning the bond holders, would they just loan use €400 billion? Maybe if we explained that we want to just hand it out to people on the street, that might convince them.

So assuming we get the money, we have to get it out to the people, I suppose we could just lodge it straight to their bank acc ... oh wait. I suppose we could post them a cheque, their local of-license will cash it I'm sure (as long as they get there before 10pm).

etc

etc

Ah Bless!! Do we not pay enough taxes out of our wages already without having to then work a week for free?

No reduce taxes then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

parc wrote: »

lol

its not far fetched at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

parc wrote: »

lol
    Easily done, but not for the rest of your life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Well thats what we said about the money we gave the banks....have we seen much of that money around since?

Nope. However, we'd still have to borrow the money to pay for this play, and then pay back at excessive interest rates.

So, as has been pointed out, we have nowhere near enough money to pay for this plan, and the money given out to the pensioners will be gone by the time some of them are maybe 55.

What next?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Imagine the trouble trying to enforce this! ha!

smash wrote: »
    Easily done, but not for the rest of your life...

What if your household doesn't drink or smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Lets borrow it off the IMF.
    Cabinet Positions up for grabs lads.

Justice/Defence plz.

Lord help ye all when I pass the 'everything jim corr is paranoid about is now reality' act. :D

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Imagine the trouble trying to enforce this! ha!

ha ha

drdeadlift wrote: »
    ha ha

ha

• Advertisement

ha

hehe lol

drdeadlift wrote: »
    hehe lol

rofl

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Good idea.
    Can i call in sick already or do i have to wait for that week to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm not sure we'd get the lend for this considering many people's calls for default.

inforfun wrote: »
    Good idea.
    Can i call in sick already or do i have to wait for that week to come?

well you just have to pay a weeks wages. i.e go to work and not get paid.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

well you just have to pay a weeks wages. i.e go to work and not get paid.

Tell ye what, you do your week, and then forfeit another week's wages on my behalf! Everyone wins!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Not a status, but I bloody hate when girls write 'You've got mail hun.xxx' on a friends page.

For the love of God, there is a big red notification at the top of the page, she can see that she has mail!! :mad: Your comment will just add another pointless notification.

I think they only write it to show off that they're capable of writing more than one sentence and to make people think that they have news/gossip.

F**k off ye muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

I cant stand those whingey facebook posts that are just pity-whores.

Tell a therapist not facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

All of this is why I deleted my profile.

I don't care if you're hungover.

I don't care if you had the 'Best Burger ever'.

Writing without punctuation makes me want to run your dog over just to watch you cry. The only problem there is that you'd only post a status update about it, and I don't want to see 'RIP Rusty the dog omg so sad bst dog eva' on my homepage.

What does it mean when you write 'OMGZ!' as a status at 4.00 on a Saturday morning? Did you have a large orgasm? If so, say so and don't leave us, your audience, waiting in anticipation of an explanation until after you post your 'OMG so hungover' status update the next day.

Stop telling everyone how great your job is.

Stop telling everyone how bad your job is.

I only ever saw one fella ever who posted decent status updates. They were all short jokes he either made up or robbed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement