Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i got 2 hits today in the city centre after walking for 1hr, but in total ive 161 hits so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got 3 hits at the mall in the last 2 days, oh yeah, the mall!

One guys little saying was "Surprise Buttsex" :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Speaking of surprise buttsex, has anyone ever picked up an unexpected streetpass from a fellow boardsie? Meetups don't count. More of a "wow, sometime in the last 3 hours I passed within 30 feet of star-star-Damo-star-star!"

Oh wait, I mean speaking of surprises.

I'm dying to find out how many hits wampyrus77 has had. It's been nearly 17 hours since his last update, the tension is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Banjo wrote: »
    Speaking of surprise buttsex, has anyone ever picked up an unexpected streetpass from a fellow boardsie? Meetups don't count. More of a "wow, sometime in the last 3 hours I passed within 30 feet of star-star-Damo-star-star!"

I'm dying to find out how many hits wampyrus77 has had. It's been nearly 17 hours since his last update, the tension is killing me.

Lol. We should have some system of identifying ourselves like putting our greeting message in the Mii Plaza to something like 'Word to yer mother!'. Then you'd know that you just met a boardsie :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Achilles wrote: »
    'Word to yore ma!'
    FYP! ;)

Or "Atari Jaguar!"

Actually, some kind of streetpass meetup would be kinda cool, fire in a bit of Mario Kart and could be good craic!

• Advertisement

FYP! ;)

Or "Atari Jaguar!"

Actually, some kind of streetpass meetup would be kinda cool, fire in a bit of Mario Kart and could be good craic!

I'm all for this idea! Just randomly meet up in the same coffee house at the same time without ever saying a word to eachother, whip out our 3DS and host a game of Mario Kart.

Would be epic in a street mob ish kinda way.

I skimmed through your post and the gist of what I got was you had surprise buttsex with Damo.

Yeah there should be a meetup, but it should be in Canada.

Just randomly meet up in the same coffee house at the same time without ever saying a word to eachother, whip out our 3DS and host a game of Mario Kart.
    Aww, you shy? ;):D
    I skimmed through your post and the gist of what I got was you had surprise buttsex with Damo.
    Why can't I remember this? O_o And why does everything smell like chloroform?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

"Atari Jaguar!"

+1. Love the 'Atari Jaguar' idea.

Ok so Atari Jaguar it is.

And no I'm not shy I just thought that it'd be kinda cool to game with strangers and then **** off... just to see the reaction of people around us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

I'm in; just changed mine to "Atari Jaguar" now

Ok so Atari Jaguar it is.

And no I'm not shy I just thought that it'd be kinda cool to game with strangers and then **** off... just to see the reaction of people around us.
    So, you see the 3ds less as a gaming platform and more as some sort of gateway drug to dogging?

Is it wrong that I'm flattered that I was automatically the dominant / more "rapisty" party in the surprise scenario?

Signing up for team Jaguar. Will there be tshirts? I for one am sick of those Twilight heads lording it over me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

FlashMob on a Luas for 1 stop would be a good way to a streetpass meet.

I got 7 hits today. Canadians must love 3DS ay. Can't wait to go oot and aboot with mine again.

So, you see the 3ds less as a gaming platform and more as some sort of gateway drug to dogging?

Is it wrong that I'm flattered that I was automatically the dominant / more "rapisty" party in the surprise scenario?

Signing up for team Jaguar. Will there be tshirts? I for one am sick of those Twilight heads lording it over me...

Erm... no. :-/

I got 8 today :D

At the rate I'm going I'm gonna pass out Wampyrus77 in the race for the title of "Most Streetpass Hits Posted on Boards."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You've scared him off now anyway :rolleyes:

He got intimidated by me! Got 10 today! I am now a streetpass douche. I love getting them and telling ye all about it!

Almost finished Streetpass quest for the second time and got my achievement for 50 miis yet. Got my 3DS 3 weeks ago.

Oh yeah, you are all so jealous of me.

He got intimidated by me! Got 10 today! I am now a streetpass douche. I love getting them and telling ye all about it!

Almost finished Streetpass quest for the second time and got my achievement for 50 miis yet. Got my 3DS 3 weeks ago.

Oh yeah, you are all so jealous of me.

Awh, lol. I've only met four people so far and I've had it since Christmas day. Got my fourth hit this morning in town somewhere, bloke from Cavan. I have now met people from two different locations! Whee! Lol.

It also couldn't show me where Cavan was on the map so I'm assuming the guy can't usually connect to broadband where he lives.

Yup... erm... hrmmm...

So... anybody wanna walk past me in town alot on my way to work just so that I don't feel so left out? :P

Anyone gotten a Streetpass hit while driving? I'm wondering how long the data transfer takes once the initial contact is made. Is it fast enough that you'd get hits from other cars heading in the same direction as you, or even passing on the other side of the road? I pass a lot of buses and bus stops on my way home from work, one of those commuters must have a 3DS with wifi enabled...

Incidentally, is everyone aware that you can't be connected to the internet *and* get a streetpass? Had that problem in my Wife's parent's house where her brother's 3DS was configured to connect to the router but mine wasn't. He was spotpassing, I was streetpassing... there's a eurovision song in there somewhere.

• Advertisement

He was spotpassing, I was streetpassing... there's a eurovision song in there somewhere.

We were the 3DS Kids
    And try to Streetpass was all we did
    And listening to those blue shells coming up behind us;
    It was yours and first place were mine
    But that was once upon a time,
    Now we never seem to Streetpass anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Slowly getting to 200 hits now, 196 or something, will check later and make sure. Majority were from a 2-week stay in Tokyo

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Anyone gotten a Streetpass hit while driving?

Just to say my first hit was driving a motorcycle - probably a schoolgirl crossing at the lights in Donnybrook. On the bike, I'm always near enough buses and the like during rush-hour that I'm surprised I've not had more.

Aside from that, have driven several hundred kilometers across Ireland since start of December in a car - but no hits that way. Though a lot of that is dual carriageway.

I'm still stuck at 5 Mii....

I've taken a few detours up Dublin, and gone into some gamestops... but no significant joy. :(

Used to get streetpass hits from HMV and Game and the like, but that seems to have stopped happening now!
    Who's up for invading an insomnia some Saturday? :pac:

Used to get streetpass hits from HMV and Game and the like, but that seems to have stopped happening now!
    Who's up for invading an insomnia some Saturday? :pac:

Loike I'd be totes up for thash! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Started a course at college today, decided i'd bring my 3DS just for the small chance i'd actually get one :P

Checked after an hour...nothing...Went out for lunch, came back. Checked again.

Turns out i got one just before leaving for lunch, and then another whilst on lunch...I did pass gamestop at lunch around that time specifically for that reason :P but i don't think it was gamestop's demo unit as i passed there again later and got nothing.

So...success finally!

Both people had their favourite titles as Super Mario 3D Land, only Streetpass hits for the standard Mii things though :(
    The first had preferences set for pet, "likes" and "dream". :confused: How do you set those last two?

...i don't think it was gamestop's demo unit as i passed there again later and got nothing.
    You can only streetpass a person once every 12 hours!
    The first had preferences set for pet, "likes" and "dream". :confused: How do you set those last two?
    In the Mii Plaza, edit your mii, and you can set them there.

Anyone gotten a Streetpass hit while driving? I'm wondering how long the data transfer takes once the initial contact is made. Is it fast enough that you'd get hits from other cars heading in the same direction as you, or even passing on the other side of the road? I pass a lot of buses and bus stops on my way home from work, one of those commuters must have a 3DS with wifi enabled...

Incidentally, is everyone aware that you can't be connected to the internet *and* get a streetpass? Had that problem in my Wife's parent's house where her brother's 3DS was configured to connect to the router but mine wasn't. He was spotpassing, I was streetpassing... there's a eurovision song in there somewhere.

I got one once when my 3DS was sitting by the window and someone must have walked past the house so it goes through surfaces :eek:

And you can be connected to the internet and streetpass. I've gotten streetpasses loads of times when connected to the same internet or one of us not connected.

Only 3 yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i got 4 streetpass hits today but ive in total ive 172 streetpass hits and 101 Mii in my Plaza

• Advertisement

You are the f**king master of walking past other 3DS owners!

Advertisement