Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

pdbhp wrote: »
    God dammit, I've been carring around my 3Ds for 2 weeks now and not one hit, I even brought it to town on the weekend and zilcho!!
    Thought I may not have street pass enabled but I do.:(

Every day I walk through O Connell Street, across by Trinity and then up Grafton street for the luas. Then spend about 25 minutes on the luas out to Sandyford.

Then do the opposide trek at 4:30pm.

I've never once gotten a hit in the morning. The only time I do get hits is when I wander around HMV on the way home or lurk about Grafton street longer than normal.

Have gotten 9 since buying the console about two or three weeks ago.

Just think how many you'll get in a year or two when everyone has a 3DS. It's going to be a pretty cool feature :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Oh yea O1s1n it'll be great once I get going and more people start getting 3DS's but until then I'll remain a streetpass loner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just mention you're going to be somewhere in some time-frame on here and you might get a hit or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

I get one every weekday walking from O'Connell St to Westmoreland St between 4:30 and 5, you might try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm up to 25 hits, only a couple are repeats. Vast majority from wandering around town on weekends, as I'm not in during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    I'm up to 25 hits, only a couple are repeats. Vast majority from wandering around town on weekends, as I'm not in during the week

I'm still only on 10 and I walk about the city centre every day. Most of mine were on the weekend too. 3 of them together in the space of just a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got one yesterday and one today. Both of them were people I'd met before. I like the way that you can give them a personal greeting the next time you meet and a rating.

Gonna be in town tomorrow, I'll visit the Rage and the SSF4 tourney on Exchange Street, I want you all to be there to pop my Street Pass cherry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got the first "stranger" streetpass today in Carlows gamestop.
    The guy in there must get loads - had a chuckle to myself when I saw the greeting "come to gamestop" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Please feel free to add my 3DS code

4940-5506-3902

• Advertisement

Please feel free to add my 3DS code

4940-5506-3902

Added ya dude. Put your code in the friend code thread and you should get more.

no worries, cheers

Just finished StreetPass Quest there, I needed 190 heroes to do it! Majority were mercenaries that I hired with coins of course, but 30 or so were people I passed on the street. Now to start all over again!

Just finished StreetPass Quest there, I needed 190 heroes to do it! Majority were mercenaries that I hired with coins of course, but 30 or so were people I passed on the street. Now to start all over again!

190!

I can't even think of how long it will be until I get that

I've had it a week, taken it out with me every day I remember, and just four hits so far. Most of the locations I visit would be public, lots of people, and commute through town. Nothing lol

190!

I can't even think of how long it will be until I get that

I've had it a week, taken it out with me every day I remember, and just four hits so far. Most of the locations I visit would be public, lots of people, and commute through town. Nothing lol

If you get the 10 coins from walking around each day you'd get 5 heroes per day, so after about a month or so you'd be at 300 coins, or 150 heroes. Spent most of my coins at the beginning on puzzle pieces, have only finished one puzzle - need one more piece to finish another and then a few more that I've only started. I'm sure you can mess with the internal calendar to get a lot more coins, but that kind of goes against the spirit of the mini-games

I'm sure you can mess with the internal calendar to get a lot more coins, but that kind of goes against the spirit of the mini-games

How does that work lol

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just meant it would be nice to get more StreetPass characters/hits really...not that concerned about PuzzleQuest etc

Well I finally popped my street pass cherry last night, thank God!
    I now have one hit:D

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well I finally popped my street pass cherry last night, thank God!

Congratulations, you'll always remember your first!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

My 3DS has been repaired and is good as new. What better way to mark the occassion than a streetpass hit, my first in three week. Hi Craig from United Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/
    June 25th is Worldwide StreetPass Day.

Go make a community in your area now!

• Advertisement

Done and done. Decided to make the community based around a local game shop. I have nothing to do with the place but my feeling is that if you have a Nintendo 3DS it's most likely you know where this game shop is and also most of the staff have their own Mii's set up on their own portables - they're getting loads of hits because they just leave them on the counter in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

HMV have an offer for 10% off any 3DS game once you collect their store mii via streetpass.

Details: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5235

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    HMV have an offer for 10% off any 3DS game once you collect their store mii via streetpass.

Details: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5235

That's a really cool idea! Gonna wander around tomorrow with the 3ds in my backpack, got my first 2 hits last Friday when Zelda came out. Hope it's not too rainy, does anyone know how many layers of insulation the streetpass signal can be sent through? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nothing in HMV Kilkenny. Poor form really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got a HMV hit in Galway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mokong

After going over a month since my last StreetPass hit I got one yesterday while at Dublin Zoo. :yay:

Though I'm a little dissappointed that with the thousands of people I walked past (Zoo was really busy) only one had an active 3DS

His last played game was Street Fighter 4 but I didnt get a figure battle with him Only a Mii for my plaza. Was able to start a new puzzle though, Link, so thats good now I've got 5 puzzles (3 finished)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Got 4 street passes today :) One was from HMV either on Grafton street or Henry street.

I wonder was it anyone from here? Elizabeth from Clare, Nipper from HMV, Elzero Dublin and Mickbotong from Dublin. Anyone? :)

Managed to get one StreetPass hit in Waterford City today, tousnads of people about for the Tall Ships Race, so actually a little dissappointed I only got the 1 hit, haha. But was able to start another new puzzle (NSMB Wii) from it.

No Ridge Racer or SF4 data though.

Question does anyone else have StreetPass turned on in 3DS Sound or am I the only one... not one hit that I've had has had any data for Sound

Mokong wrote: »
    tousnads of people about for the Tall Ships Race

Question does anyone else have StreetPass turned on in 3DS Sound or am I the only one... not one hit that I've had has had any data for Sound

Hi Mokong, I'll be down there meself tomorrow and I'll have the 3DS scanning away - fingers crossed we virtually bump into each other (or irl...would still recognise you from the Wii launch). :)

To be honest, I haven't really used the Sound app - played with it a bit at the start and then just ignored it since. I'll turn it on tonight though just to be sure.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Hi Mokong, I'll be down there meself tomorrow and I'll have the 3DS scanning away - fingers crossed we virtually bump into each other (or irl...would still recognise you from the Wii launch). :)

To be honest, I haven't really used the Sound app - played with it a bit at the start and then just ignored it since. I'll turn it on tonight though just to be sure.

Tomorrow? As In Saturday? Nuts I won't be around then, going up to Dublin for a birthday party tomorrow won't be back till Sunday night, shame.

Hopefully you'll get a hit or a few anyway... there are others in Waterford with 3DS's the trick is finding them, haha.

Will be around the Waterford Quays this afternoon though if anyone else is around.

Advertisement