Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mokong wrote: »
    Tomorrow? As In Saturday?

Yup, nay worries though, I'm sure I'll see ya when Wii U comes to the Toys4BigBoys thing in the RDS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mokong

If the Wii U comes for a tour anywhere in Ireland before its launch I'll be doing my best to be there, you can count on that haha.

Also some new StreetPass activity for me at the Tall Ships in Waterford again :)

In fact my best ever StreetPass activity with TWO hits, WOOT, never before have I had more than one in a day :)

And oddly after typing this yesterday
    Mokong wrote:
    Question does anyone else have StreetPass turned on in 3DS Sound or am I the only one... not one hit that I've had has had any data for Sound :heh:

One of the people I passed did have StreetPass turned on in his 3DS Sound, haha.

Though not sure what I'm meant to see in it. It tells me "5 new tracks found! Keep using StreetPass and they might show up in your hit parade"

But it doesn't tell me what those tracks are? WTF? So I actually have to either pass the same person again or someone else with some or all of the same tracks in their top 5 before I see anything?

Under the "Compatibility" option and "Recent Activity" I can see the date and approx time of the StreetPass, with the face of the persons Mii (oddly not the same as either of the 2 new ones I got in the Plaza?) and 0%... what's that meant to mean? We have 0% of the same songs? Sure with only being able to make a top 5 I find it highly unlikely to pass someone with the same songs as I've picked songs that wouldn't be on the radio in hopes of getting people to listen to something new :P

Other than that I also got a hit for Ridge Racer data, but his Ghost is with a category 1 car and I've only got up to category 2 unlocked so far.

Neither had any puzzle parts from a new puzzle for me either, actually one had no pieces at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got 6 streetpass hits today! here's a tip: visit all your local game shops with the 3ds in your pocket. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Just back from Tokyo! I had about 45 or so hits before going (bringing the 3DS with me every day since launch). After just under two weeks I now have like 168, have completed all the puzzles and am one hat away from fully finishing streetpass quest, and one battle away from completing the quest itself for the second time. One of the people I got a hit off has over 5400 hits, and over 3000 people in his plaza :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I just got a system update on my Nintendo 3DS via through streetpass the download the

3DS Nintendo Video Application.

Still confuse about system update and streetpass Read the red operations manual for nintendo 3ds.

iVe my 23 hits so far
    via through streetpass

• Advertisement

^Why must you say the same thing in three different threads, in the space of the same minute, in bold and in large typeface? :confused:

not every1 reads every tread on boards so making sure every1 gets my message

^so why stop at 3 posts? why not make 10 posts saying the same thing, to make sure? once is enough dude, it's not that important that every1 gets your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Went into my local gameshop to enquire about the eshop cards...Noticed they got two demo units in. Presumed they'd have streetpass enabled so left and went home.

They didn't. :(

It's kinda stupid for them to not have it enabled :rolleyes: only offers benefits to everyone.
    Sent off an email straight away suggesting they should enable it in all their stores...:pac: Failing that, by any chance does anyone know the button combination to get the demo unit to the main menu?

Still at 0 hits....

Presumed they'd have streetpass enabled so left and went home.

They didn't. :(

It's kinda stupid for them to not have it enabled :rolleyes: only offers benefits to everyone.
    Sent off an email straight away suggesting they should enable it in all their stores...:pac:

I'd see 3dses in certain stores but I often notice that the wireless function is off, so I slide the little slider on the right side to activate it (the light turns yellow), resulting in a streetpass hit. ;) You know you've got hit if you see the green power light suddenly flash on the store's unit. Sometimes it doesn't work though, which means they must have it completely disabled in the settings.

• Advertisement

I'd see 3dses in certain stores but I often notice that the wireless function is off, so I slide the little slider on the right side to activate it (the light turns yellow), resulting in a streetpass hit. ;) You know you've got hit if you see the green power light suddenly flash on the store's unit. Sometimes it doesn't work though, which means they must have it completely disabled in the settings.

Thank you!
    If that doesn't work
    "The way to break out of the demo game is the hold down L and R and hit the power button continuously, maybe once every three or four seconds, until you get the system screen that asks you if you want to enter sleep mode or press the home button to return to the home screen. Press home and you're in."

Gonna sort it out the next day if it isn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr.D.CraicLAAD

Does Anybody In Waterford have one, ive 7 hits, half Cork City, half Dungarvan and Waterford City

ive 44 StreetPass hits

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Four hits yesterday lunchtime, three of which were second timers (one of these the demo machine in Gamestop Stephen's Green)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Got my first street pass yesterday somewhere around Waterford, will be pottering about cork today so hopefully more.

We need moar street pass meet ups around the country, need more puzzles.

ive StreetPass hits 61,

Mii Plaza Population 43,

The Legend of Zelda puzzle done,

super mario galaxy 2 puzzle done, metroid other m puzzle done,pikmin puzzle done,New Super Mario Bros. Wii puzzle done,

Yea I have Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario and Bowser all completed but I don't have the Zelda one at all.

Finished all the puzzles when I was in Tokyo, took no time at all due to the ridiculous amount of hits I was getting. Haven't taken it out with me since then (early July), due to there being nothing to collect. Any news of more puzzles etc being released?

ghostchant wrote: »
    Finished all the puzzles when I was in Tokyo, took no time at all due to the ridiculous amount of hits I was getting. Haven't taken it out with me since then (early July), due to there being nothing to collect. Any news of more puzzles etc being released?

There's gonna be a firmware update in November which may add new Streetpass things :)

• Advertisement

Tokyo of course you get that many hits because Nintendo has be around in japan since 1889

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i wonder will i get many hits in tralee :rolleyes: probably will they will just be the glass bottle kind

New site: http://passid.ca/faq
    Basically
    This tool, PassID, enables Nintendo 3DS gamers to improve their StreetPass encounters by opting to share a name, photo, Friend Code, brief bio and select contact information. Gamers who create an account at the PassID website (http://passid.ca/) can input the data they wish to share and then create a personalized, short URL that represents their public "badge." The URL is then shared as the greeting message that Mii characters offer in StreetPass Mii Plaza, effectively giving each Mii a robust ID badge.

I had the idea of creating something like this a while back..but nothing came off it.

Would probaly help if i had any streetpass hits though :pac:

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Tokyo of course you get that many hits because Nintendo has be around in japan since 1889

Yes, I know. I spent way too much money on famicom and famicom disk system games not to know that!

ive 64 streetpass hits:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Luck of the Irish

Hey there guys, I am doing a small survey on another site to find out if puzzles are randomly generated or based on location. I am missing European results for just one puzzle, Super Mario Bros, so if this was anyones original puzzle, i.e. the one they got at the start then could you please tell me the country and then if possible county you live in?

Thanks guys.

I have all puzzles except NSBW and getting a location for this would help a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr.D.CraicLAAD

my 3ds broke, and i had 5 hits, room 6 of spq, not bothered about puzzle thing, wiped out, back to square 1, one hit, my friend at school

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I have about 25 hits since getting the 3ds at launch, took a good bit of time to slowly build them up though. We should get some sort of 3ds street pass event going in dublin

Finished all the puzzles and ive 101 streetpass hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I only have 7 hits since launch, but I never really bring it with me unless I am travelling on a sat, so would walk through the city centre hoping to get a few hits.

Was going to get SM3DL on Friday and bring the system with me as there might be loads of people around with their 3DS but have to wait till sat morning or afternoon now so hope to get a few hits when I go around all the shops to find the best price :-)

Advertisement