Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I think Ireland is just a bad spot for 3DS. Not a day has gone by in Canada that I haven't gotten at least 1 street pass, and I don't even live in one of the main cities!

Met Surprise Buttsex guy again, and a girl who had recently been playing Netflix. So unfair! Mine is European 3ds so linked to the European Nintendo store so I can't download the app even though I have a Canadian Netflix account :(

have u change ur region settings

everytime i go on hoildays i change my region settings to suit what country im staying in

for example last june, i went spain, and change my region settings from ireland to spain, i had problems b4 with dsi and dsi xl where i went on holidays, i didnt change my change my region settings, then i couldnt update my dsi or dsi xl while on hoildays, then i read the manual saw the problem change region settings to suit what time zone ur in to receive updates, i know its a gaming device but there a computer inside controlling all options, sometime you have treat it like a computer, like pc to get updates working and receive updates, change region settings to suit what time zone ur in to receive updates

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got a bumper crop of 4 hits in Liffey Valley yesterday, completing my first panel and picking up pieces off a new new-panel (had Zelda and Pilotwings opened, now have Donkey Kong country too). All new hits. I think I recognised one of the Miis as someone who was sitting near me in the food court, which is always a bit wierd. I'm dreading the day some 10 year old starts pointing at me and screaming "That's him, daddy, that's the Atari Jaguar man!" - we are still doing the Atari Jaguar thing, right?

Also got my first ever streetpass for Freaky Forms - so I *wasn't* the only mug to pick that up! However the other guy's Forms looked like he'd actually made an effort with them, which left me a bit ashamed of the shambling wrecks I have in my stable... Kudos to you, Fionn.

BTW, to answer my earlier query, I picked up DOA:Dimensions last week, the Spotpass DLC is still being distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Banjo wrote: »
    Got a bumper crop of 4 hits in Liffey Valley yesterday, completing my first panel and picking up pieces off a new new-panel (had Zelda and Pilotwings opened, now have Donkey Kong country too). All new hits. I think I recognised one of the Miis as someone who was sitting near me in the food court, which is always a bit wierd. I'm dreading the day some 10 year old starts pointing at me and screaming "That's him, daddy, that's the Atari Jaguar man!" - we are still doing the Atari Jaguar thing, right?

Also got my first ever streetpass for Freaky Forms - so I *wasn't* the only mug to pick that up! However the other guy's Forms looked like he'd actually made an effort with them, which left me a bit ashamed of the shambling wrecks I have in my stable... Kudos to you, Fionn.

BTW, to answer my earlier query, I picked up DOA:Dimensions last week, the Spotpass DLC is still being distributed.

I'm still doing the Atari Jaguar thing, although I haven't come across anybody else doing it as of yet.

Got 4 hits yesterday in the pub when I went for lunch of all places. Two little kids I think and two other blokes. First time I've ever seen somebody 'recently playing' Sonic Generations. Love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I've only had 3 hits since starting "Atari Jaguaring".... I've taken a lot of detours around Dublin, but I guess I'm just not going where the rest of the 3DS crowd goes.

psicic wrote: »
    I've only had 3 hits since starting "Atari Jaguaring".... I've taken a lot of detours around Dublin, but I guess I'm just not going where the rest of the 3DS crowd goes.
    The handset should have been able to geotag passes so we could pool our data and figure out the optimum routes round dublin for puzzle swapping. For a feature that relies almost entirely on pointless compulsion they really missed a trick...

• Advertisement

yesterday i got 3 street pass hits and plus i got accomplishment for 10 have called my mii fantasic, In total ive 205 street pass hits and 132 in my plaza

I don't think you did call your mii " fantastic", that implies you made a concious choice. In truth I think you were just responding to the universe's demands.

4 hours in town, 1 measly hit. Grafton street's a wonderland my hole.

A colleague at work mocked my post about DOA Dimensions while reading over my shoulder yesterday. he didn't know I was the author and I didn't volunteer that info. Does that mean that underneath it all my motivation for buying the game was Chun Li's lack of boob physics? Sometimes I don't recognise myself... Wow, the lack of streetpass hits in town has really made me think about where I'm going, gameristically speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I was atari jaguaring around Dublin yesterday and none of you showed up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I was atari jaguaring around Dublin yesterday and none of you showed up :(

I might see you in May

I might see you in May

It's in the diary ;)

• Advertisement

It's in the diary ;)

Fair play:D

i got 6 streetpass hits yesterday walk through city centre and i also in altogether ive 213 hits and have streetpass 2 secret quest finish and got the golden key, plus ive 140 mii in my Plaza

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i got 6 streetpass hits yesterday walk through city centre and i also in altogether ive 213 hits and have streetpass 2 secret quest finish and got the golden key, plus ive 140 mii in my Plaza
    ... But are you happy?

Got a hit off a guy from British columbia over the weekend. What's the furthest flung corner of the world in your plaza?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My Mii got called a rapist by a Mii called Amy today in Mii Plaza.

They should call it Mean Streets Pass :(

(also got an Atari Jaguar though)

Is that the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My Mii got called a rapist by a Mii called Amy today in Mii Plaza.

They should call it Mean Streets Pass :(

Oooooh! Who was the Atari Jaguar from?

Oooooh! Who was the Atari Jaguar from?

What's this whole Atari Jaguar thing about?

Somewhere a few pages ago we made a gentlemen's and gentlechicks agreement to set our default Mii greeting to "Atari Jaguar" so you know when you've been Streetpassed by a Boardsie. Our first choice of "surprise Buttsex!" was already taken by some hoser...

Hang on, if Johnny Ultimate got Jaguared, surely someone else must have too? (assuming he's set up his Mii)

It was my idea! Copyright Me 2012... :P

I have yet to have an Atari Jaguar hit, but I'll be by the GPO at 4pm today if anybody happens to pass by, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Somewhere a few pages ago we made a gentlemen's and gentlechicks agreement to set our default Mii greeting to "Atari Jaguar" so you know when you've been Streetpassed by a Boardsie. Our first choice of "surprise Buttsex!" was already taken by some hoser...

Hang on, if Johnny Ultimate got Jaguared, surely someone else must have too? (assuming he's set up his Mii)

I've met Surprise Buttsex 3 times now! Also have met "Rad to the Boner" twice.

My message is Mahna Mahna.

• Advertisement

I've met Surprise Buttsex 3 times now! Also have met "Rad to the Boner" twice.

My message is Mahna Mahna.

I think I've met surprise buttsex man... I must go back and check. Actually... is there any way to check?

Achilles wrote: »
    I think I've met surprise buttsex man... I must go back and check. Actually... is there any way to check?

Probably not my same Suprise Buttzex guy, I live in Newfoundland :) Maybe the movement is spreading!

Could have just been somebody who stalks this thread and doesn't post on it. But I hope it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It was my idea! Copyright Me 2012... :P

I have yet to have an Atari Jaguar hit, but I'll be by the GPO at 4pm today if anybody happens to pass by, lol.
    Common phrase your idea, the phrase used was mine ;):p
    Lol. We should have some system of identifying ourselves like putting our greeting message in the Mii Plaza to something like 'Word to yer mother!'. Then you'd know that you just met a boardsie :-).
    FYP! ;)

Or "Atari Jaguar!"

Actually, some kind of streetpass meetup would be kinda cool, fire in a bit of Mario Kart and could be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I've Atari Jaguared at least four people... but have yet to get one in return.

I've been commuting by bus recently and I'm still so surprised so few people seem to have 3DSes. Virtually no hits.

Or.... well.... ye'd tell me if I was blacklisted from the community or something... wouldn't ya? :eek:

Probably not my same Suprise Buttzex guy, I live in Newfoundland :) Maybe the movement is spreading!
    Let us know if he changes the message to "International Buttzex" in honour of his successful trip to the emerald isle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Got a record 5 hits today, including one I've met already. First time I've met someone twice.

I have 20 in my plaza now, but still haven't completed Streetpass Quest yet.

Got a record 5 hits today, including one I've met already. First time I've met someone twice.

Don't forget to personalise your greeting for the repeater. Use their name, freaks em out.

I'm nearly finished Street Pass Quest 2. For the second time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Don't forget to personalise your greeting for the repeater. Use their name, freaks em out.

I rated their mii as fantastic. I hope they do the same. forever_alone.jpg

Advertisement