Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i got 4 streetpass hits today but ive in total ive 172 streetpass hits and 101 Mii in my Plaza

Fair dues, I was getting a bit worried about lack of updates, I think Princess Peach stalking you has probably put you off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Not one hit yet :(

But thanks for the letters everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You need to hang around more playgrounds
    (Find one with a clump of bushes < 30m away from the fencing)

How does sending letters work, by the way? I've sent a few replies to letters via Spotpass, but when I do a send/receive it says "no letters to send" or something to that effect, and all my letters still have a "send" over them.... maybe this needs another thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Banjo wrote: »
    How does sending letters work, by the way? I've sent a few replies to letters via Spotpass, but when I do a send/receive it says "no letters to send" or something to that effect, and all my letters still have a "send" over them.... maybe this needs another thread :)

I'm still not 100% sure how this works either, but usually after you write a message, you tap the blue "send" button, select the people you want to send it too, and select spotpass (which i always pick) or streetpass, then the letter appears to upload (takes a few seconds).

I'm never sure about whether to keep the console in the message app or exit the app altogether to make sure it sends, and usually I close the console to standby to activate spotpass/streetpass, though I'm not sure if that's necessary either. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Gosh, I have my 3DS since May and I have... 31 streetpas hits :'(
    I bring it with me everywhere since December now, when I walk to work in teh morning and home, at the weekend around town and when I head out of town. Where is everyone and how is everyone here getting in the 100's with streetpasses?

I have a total of 300 from playing MK and SF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Gosh, I have my 3DS since May and I have... 31 streetpas hits :'(
    I bring it with me everywhere since December now, when I walk to work in teh morning and home, at the weekend around town and when I head out of town. Where is everyone and how is everyone here getting in the 100's with streetpasses?

I have a total of 300 from playing MK and SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive 172 streetpass hits and 105 Mii in my Plaza, you add more miis playings games, the more players you play against online their mii are saved in your Plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Well I got one streetpass hit today.

I am LEGEND!

you add more miis playings games, the more players you play against online their mii are saved in your Plaza
    I don't really like how miis are added to the plaza after playing games online (i.e. mk7), i liked how the miis you actually meet on the street used to be the only ones in your plaza (then again, I only started playing online games since mk7, maybe that was always the case?). In any case, I wish you could switch those damn random-race miis off, I have over 500 miis in my plaza since I got mk7 at Christmas. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I don't really like how miis are added to the plaza after playing games online (i.e. mk7), i liked how the miis you actually meet on the street used to be the only ones in your plaza (then again, I only started playing online games since mk7, maybe that was always the case?). In any case, I wish you could switch those damn random-race miis off, I have over 500 miis in my plaza since I got mk7 at Christmas. :P

You can turn off people you meet online going into your plaza. Just go to Mii Plaza settings and turn off Invitations.

• Advertisement

You can turn off people you meet online going into your plaza. Just go to Mii Plaza settings and turn off Invitations.

Thanks a million! :D I'm doing this straight away. I wish I had checked that sooner, I just assumed it was "the way it is", now if only there was a way of clearing out my collection of online randomers...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Thanks a million! :D I'm doing this straight away. I wish I had checked that sooner, I just assumed it was "the way it is", now if only there was a way of clearing out the collection of online randomers...

Before you do, remember that you can "unlock" achievements for having x amount of people in your plaza. Mario Kart is helping me reach those figures anyway.

But if you do want to go ahead with it, I believe you can delete the people when you select them in the plaza.

Before you do, remember that you can "unlock" achievements for having x amount of people in your plaza. Mario Kart is helping me reach those figures anyway.

But if you do want to go ahead with it, I believe you can delete the people when you select them in the plaza.

Oh yeah I forgot about the achievements, I'll think about it so, might as well use them for something. Didn't know you could delete them either, that's handy, once they've got me a few achievements I'm done with them, I'm gonna have to cut this population down to size. ;)

i got 6 streetpass hits today but ive in total ive 178 streetpass hits and 108 Mii in my Plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

No hits today.

I am myth. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I also hate all these Mario Kart randoms on my plaza. Tried to delete them but you have to do it one by one and takes too long.

Anybody know what a special mii is? Some of the accomplishments are ridiculous and will never be achieved!

Been streetpassing who I assume is a neighbour cause it just happens in my room. She's level 6 now on Streetpass quest but never has any puzzle pieces for me :mad::mad:

So I've had 67 streetpass hits, almost a month since I got mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I have five streetpass hits now. I got three in my hometown, mainly in school afaik.

I was in Dublin during the week and got another two new hits, however. I have a total of five now.

My name is Rob on streetpass, so if any of you meet me, just tell me!

Starting to get at least one streetpass every time I go into Cork City. Got three today. :)

I have 10 in my plaza now, including myself (They seem to count that one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

robman60 wrote: »

Hi rob. I'm Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I have five streetpass hits now. I got three in my hometown, mainly in school afaik.

I was in Dublin during the week and got another two new hits, however. I have a total of five now.

From Cavan by any chance?

• Advertisement

Got a whopping 9 hits today! Most I've ever got in one day, and I was only in town for a couple of hours. Galway is the place to go to if you want to pass by 3ds peeps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi rob. I'm Kenny.
    Hi Kenny. Do you attend RC? If you do, I think I know who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hi Kenny. Do you attend RC? If you do, I think I know who you are.

I do, I don't know who you are though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got a whopping 9 hits today! Most I've ever got in one day, and I was only in town for a couple of hours. Galway is the place to go to if you want to pass by 3ds peeps. :)

Nice haul! I consistently had ten new hits every time I checked my 3DS in Tokyo, only found out after that that's the max number of hits you can get at once :o How many more would I have gotten if I'd have checked more frequently?! Some of the people's hit counts in Akihabara were insane

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got 2 hits from my ds being left on at home and I was at work. I assume one of the kids next door got a 3 ds for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Poor show in Liffey Valley yesterday, just the one. But it was a repeat. Krzys, if you're out there, hello :)

It was also my first Mariokart 7 streetpass. Got to say, the online and xPass teams really did a bang up job this time around. Not sure how the Offline Multiplayer GPs work (is it a bot based on your title, or based on your own ghost laps?) but it's a great idea. The 7-ghosts Spotpass races though are pure genius - time trial without the sterility, GP without the frustration and gob****ery. Fastest racer wins and there's no deus ex machina blue shell bull**** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Got my 3rd today, in castlebar. "evan h"
    And it was his birthday :pac: accomplishment got for that :D
    favourite game also super mario 3d land like my two previous....it's so tempting me into picking it up!

i got 1 streetpass hits yesterday but ive in total ive 179 streetpass hits and 109 Mii in my Plaza

ive 179 streetpass hits and 116 Mii in my Plaza, but wonder how extra mii in my plaza without leaving my home, i just played mario kart online and got 7 new mii stored in my plaza.

• Advertisement

ive 179 streetpass hits and 116 Mii in my Plaza, but wonder how extra mii in my plaza without leaving my home, i just played mario kart online and got 7 new mii stored in my plaza.

Turn off Invitations in the Mii Plaza settings.

Advertisement