Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog whisperer

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Thats in the other part of the act this is just a snippet...thanks.:rolleyes:
    I wasnt snipping at you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

ISDW wrote: »
    Anyway, don't know why I'm feeding the Troll:rolleyes:

Wise words and I will pay heed :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah i know and its amazing the amount of people that let their 6 year old walk a GS too;)

Different world different laws ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

EGAR wrote: »
    Wise words and I will pay heed :D.

Very unwise as i have never go tinvolved in a debate on boards before bar thsi one and onyl reason i got involved initially was because i was intoxicated. Im simply defending myself and not causing fights or arguments for the sake of them...ye are...look at your posts.

I made an innocent mistake of mis referencing the restricted breeds and shared insight on wolf pack thats it and now look back at yer malicious comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

i got involved initially was because i was intoxicated.
    I knew it :D

The thread will probably be closed if it stays off topic :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lol, Whispered, I knew that before he posted it ;).

Anyway, I am going to bed now, sober that is.

Whispered wrote: »
    I knew it :D

The thread will probably be closed if it stays off topic :(

Sure of course i was, i wouldnt have got involved in first place as i have my beliefs and dont feel need to broadcast them or defend them still i sucked into todays heat over last night...which im gonna leave soon for good.

Lol, Whispered, I knew that before he posted it ;).

Anyway, I am going to bed now, sober that is.

Was home from work party last night....not tonight EGAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I thought that too, i thought it was some sort of Wolf cross . You have to remember the director needs to get the shots also , so its probably an unnatural situation which will add to the anxiety for the dog .

This is very true. I would like to see how he works when not needing good shots and a bit of drama. I think the fact he tends to push an unnatural situation onto the dog would add to the anxiety, I agree.

VS is never as dramatic, and doesn't make for as exciting viewing as CM, but her methods seem gentler.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Galway K9.

You need to tone down the personal attacks on other users.

So far Ive had at least 6 reports of your posts in this thread and the other thread regarding the donkeys.

Consider this a one and only warning.If I get one more report about your posts Im giving you a week long ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ok im just gonna state facts here and not opinions to attempt to put this to rest. Millions of years on throughout evolution, we still have the primal and survival traits of the apes (baboon to be frank)

Baboons are not Apes.
    Keeping this length of evolution in mind, and the bahaviours that very much still exist in us, it flaws the theory that dogs do not behave same as a wolf as 17,000 years (Maximum) cannot breed out the wolf traits and behaviour and from an opinion perspective i see very little difference from my dog to a wild grey wolf in many documentaries i watch and study.smile.gif

The evolution & adapting of dogs to live with humans is huge. Dogs have developed a language that they use with us & not with other dogs. Groups or packs of domestic dogs behave very differently to Wolves.
    i deal with counter conditioning, rank reductions and dog therapy and its motive not while its happening. My job is to correct that behaviour and send a clear message that its wrong at that moment. anyways this is way i deal with things.

Well no offence but thank god that you are not a trainer. You will treat your dogs as you see fit but I would be worried if you used such "techniques" with other peoples dogs or if you conveyed the impression that they were the way to train a dog.

You comments regarding EGAR were very out of order. She deserves an apology.
    Werent my dogs i dont have GSD's at present. I have a labxrott. If i was with them then was holding them for other people and if they want to use them which i dislike thats their own business and right as much as i may disagree.

Was it an event that you were running ?. If so would you not ban the use of choke chains at the event ?

Discodog wrote: »
    Baboons are not Apes.

The evolution & adapting of dogs to live with humans is huge. Dogs have developed a language that they use with us & not with other dogs. Groups or packs of domestic dogs behave very differently to Wolves.

Well no offence but thank god that you are not a trainer. You will treat your dogs as you see fit but I would be worried if you used such "techniques" with other peoples dogs or if you conveyed the impression that they were the way to train a dog.

Apologies baboons are monkeys not apes.
    You comments regarding EGAR were very out of order. She deserves an apology.

Was it an event that you were running ?. If so would you not ban the use of choke chains at the event ?

The event was nothing to do with me i just attended so no control there. Disco you have your beliefs and i have mine on the above.

And what comments were out of order, if anything everyone on thsi is attacking me because i attain a different belief.

Also with regards the insult of my techniques, neither you or anyone has authority on labelling a technique correct or wrong. It works for me and i have extremely happy, confident and trusting dogs from it, thats all i care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

^^^^
    if anything everyone on thsi is attacking me because i attain a different belief.

Also with regards the insult of my techniques, neither you or anyone has authority on labelling a technique correct or wrong. It works for me and i have extremely happy, confident and trusting dogs from it, thats all i care about.

No-one is attacking you, they are posting in defence of assumptions, falseities and accusations you are making about people you don't know and have never met, the law in this country and documented research which has been linked to on this thread without being bothered to read it.

You posted this when another poster pointed out that there is no such thing as a 'dangerous dogs' act in this country, false information that was posted by you:
    Whats with the nick picking. Its pathethic im sorry but it is....nothign better than to pick out little inconsistencies to superiorise your egos by belittling my self worth (attempting)

The only people I personally know who own Restricted Breeds and refer to some sort of 'dangerous dogs law' are highly irresponsible people who have infact created dangerous dogs.
    And ISDW pls inform yoursef correctly on my personality and opinions before insulting as i do not regard any dog as dangerous. Quite simply i was wrong in the correct reference in the act thats it.

I smell a Jan fenneller and and an irishdogs poster!:D
    well Egar your dogs are having a ball at my club after your agility episode!

none are on prong or MUZZLE and all very happy|!:)
    however i comp go against your personailty and methods but do go along with your love for dogs.

Pit bulls are welcome at my class:D
    :confused::confused: I do not participate in your *classes*.
    *cough* jan fennnell *cough*

Your first post in this thread clearly states:
    Ok im just gonna state facts here and not opinions to attempt to put this to rest.

After which you admit that you are not in anyway qualified to 'state facts and not opinions'
    I never said i was a dog trainer in here....did i? Im just dog lover and warming to cats. ha
    Sarcasm doesnt suit ya haha.

How do you know what suits me or doesn't, you don't know me either.

^^^^

No-one is attacking you, they are posting in defence of assumptions, falseities and accusations you are making about people you don't know and have never met

You posted this when another poster pointed out that there is no such thing as a 'dangerous dogs' act in this country, false information that was posted by you.

Your first post in this thread clearly states:

After which you admit that you are not in anyway qualified to 'state facts and not opinions'

How do you know what suits me or doesn't, you don't know me either.

k

Also i said "I never said i was a dog trainer in here...did i?". That didnt state anything, i was asking a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

k

Also i said "I never said i was a dog trainer in here...did i?". That didnt state anything, i was asking a question.
    <ETA>I read this post wrong
    I never said i was a dog trainer in here ....did i? Im just dog lover and warming to cats. ha

Take in context of the whole sentance it definately was stating something.

Rightio i think i know better what i meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, I think we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement