Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I have this working again today on my HTC Desire.
    I logged into Latitude and it seemed to work afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The game has really taken off in Finland. My location is infested with zombies right now. I've reached Brrraaaaaaiinnns (sp?) status ;) and have infected about 17 humans. Some of them were a bit difficult as my location changed temporarily.

Good work Black Knight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just infected my first person! He was the last clean person in Galway too! Your brains were yummy stallard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

mars bar wrote: »
    I just infected my first person! He was the last clean person in Galway too! Your brains were yummy stallard...

Feck I was planning on getting him this evening. Up to level 3 already though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

No improvement after update, still waiting on location

//scratch that, got location after about 10secs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Do you only level up once you get infected and start infecting others?

plonk wrote: »
    Feck I was planning on getting him this evening. Up to level 3 already though

Haha!

I hope Limerick stays clean for another three weeks, then I'll let hell break loose on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fallenn

how about tracking some way to know which zombies that are the ones you infect and get experience for your minions infecting others. could have infighting with zombies from one area taking over another area. Eventually uninfected will be hard to come by. I was the First Zombie in Michigan but live in a rural area but I did infect someone on express way and then they went into detroit area and infected someone so my infection grows.

I am also keeping one person uninfected as our area's token human.

This system would be good for a vampire/werewolves/monster hunter game. let people choose what they want to be and then they have to fight it out. vampires weak during day, werewolves able to hide among humans unless full moon or if they are fighting something. Monster hunter fighting everyone. Could throw in zombies just because everyone likes zombie's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fallenn

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Perhaps if you don't eat enough brainzzzzzz you'll die
    um your already dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Fallenn wrote: »
    um your already dead.

Your already dead what? :P

@theblacknight
    I seem to be slow at levelling up to level 7. I've infected at least 5, maybe 6, since I reached level 6. Should this be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Fallenn wrote: »
    um your already dead.

I think you'll find the term is 'undead' ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

@theblacknight

Would it be possible to create an "exclusion zone" for when an area is fortified. It means that you can move out and then go back into it for as long as it lasts (7 days I think?). It means people can be safe in their own homes at night so they cant be attacked. Perhaps, linked in with this is, you can stay in other fortified areas by people too?

Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Was down in Athlone last night and managed to stay clean.

Nothing happening up here in Donegal at all. Need to get more people playing it somehow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Fyi it says "wating for location"

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Fyi it says "wating for location"

Try open up Latitude and Maps, then try again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ah some f873ker got me!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Its the spelling I was pointing out, latitude won't fix that :-)

ah now i get ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Ok so I've pretty much decided on where I'm going to go from here... and it will probably involve a reset for accounts... so there will be lots of fresh meat. It will probably be a couple of weeks (have a few days off work soon) in the making though, so I doubt there will be many updates to the current version. There will be no more straight infecting people, zombies will need to work a little harder, and I hope to introduce a new class of survivor (you will have to work for that one too). Fortified/inactive users will be hidden from the map. I'm also going to be a little more restrictive – going to do away with identifiers because of the amount of confusion (look at the latest review in the android market), and store encrypted IMEI numbers – which will identify devices and also stop users from creating multiple accounts on one device. There will also be some single player challenges, collecting weapons caches from your map, escaping zombie dogs, speed infefcting etc.. which will all count towards the main game. Also want in app messaging and notifications. Will take a little time to get these all done, will roll out new features incrementally. Thanks for all the support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

:o I love you

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me theblacknight!

Sounds excellent Blacknight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Just had me some Waterford brains, damn tasty they were

I need to get more people in my area playing, or get infected, all the infected people seem to be having fun LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lol signed up and I'm still not infected

I let rip on limerick city! Only one guy evaded me having fortified himself. Have another guy in line near ennis now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There are a couple of survivors here in Waterford who have fortified themselves also. How does it work, once fortified do they remain that way indefinitely?

longshanks wrote: »
    There are a couple of survivors here in Waterford who have fortified themselves also. How does it work, once fortified do they remain that way indefinitely?

I think they do in that spot but if enough zombies attack them in that area together, they can get infected. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

mars bar wrote: »
    I think they do in that spot but if enough zombies attack them in that area together, they can get infected. I think.
    Thats right. Will be changing that soon though (its a little unfair). In the new version survivors will have to cellect supplies to build fortification, which zombies can attack .. so if you want to stay safe you will need to make sure your safe houses are at 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

only saw this thread a few mins ago, needs more people around kildare though

Advertisement