Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

seanybiker wrote: »
    Just Downloaded it there now. Error not found

When do you see the error? What happens exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

When do you see the error? What happens exactly?

When I put my thumb on the screen. It goes for a second then can't connect

When I put my thumb on the screen. It goes for a second then can't connect

And the error message just says 'Error not found'? Your connected to the internet etc..?

And the error message just says 'Error not found'? Your connected to the internet etc..?
    yeah sure am. Using phone now to post.
    snap20110410_205430.png

I updated there no bother myself. I couldn't remember my identifier so I created a new account.

• Advertisement

baz8080 wrote: »
    Not "unknown error -18" is it?

I updated there no bother myself.
    Nope. I put up a screenshot in me last post for black Knight. Ill reinstall it

Nope. I put up a screenshot in me last post for black Knight. Ill reinstall it

You beat my ninja-edit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Unable to sign in, apparently I have to disable mock locations, which doesn't seem to be a setting available anywhere...
    Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Wiped my phone at the weekend and did a fresh install of CM7 rc4

tman wrote: »
    Unable to sign in, apparently I have to disable mock locations, which doesn't seem to be a setting available anywhere...
    Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Wiped my phone at the weekend and did a fresh install of CM7 rc4

Go to Settings>Applications>Development, you should find it there.

Cheers, started off as an infected... must find some branez to feast on now!
    I see what you mean about the market being a harsh place... there are a couple of utterly retarded 1 star reviews already

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Cheers, started off as an infected... must find some branez to feast on now!
    I see what you mean about the market being a harsh place... there are a couple of utterly retarded 1 star reviews already

Yep, and most of the failed installs are because of android, which can have issues installing to sd. So if anyone feels like giving a good review it would be helpful, get those stupid bad ones off the front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, and most of the failed installs are because of android, which can have issues installing to sd. So if anyone feels like giving a good review it would be helpful, get those stupid bad ones off the front page.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

baz8080 wrote: »
    I updated there no bother myself. I couldn't remember my identifier so I created a new account.

Same here, I now have 3 accounts though. Is there anyway of deleting the other 2 that aren't being used?

Same here, I now have 3 accounts though. Is there anyway of deleting the other 2 that aren't being used?

Not at the moment, but if you give me your username I can delete them (Will add a delete function in future release that will require username/identifier)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Now we have an identifier, can we get pc login?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Now we have an identifier, can we get pc login?

Website still needs a lot of work, which I will get to this week. One of the reasons I added the identifier was for web access in the future (just not sure when).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I got the Error: Not Found issue also. I think the reproduction steps might be:

* install app from scratch
    * the first time the app is launched it shows dialog with info etc
    * go as far as screen which prompts to enter a username
    * press the 'back' button on phone to go back to Android home screen
    * launch the app
    * Error: Not Found issue occurs

(I think they are the steps that caused it to happen for me - reason I went back to home screen was cause I thought I may have saved my previous identifier somewhere and I was going to re-enter it to link to my old account). I ended up removing and re-installing and then things went OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

How do you find out the identifier?
    had to restore an old nandroid after a bad flash so didn't get my identifier noted

I'm on it 3 times now lol. I changed custom rom again and formatted everything. Oops

subway wrote: »
    How do you find out the identifier?
    had to restore an old nandroid after a bad flash so didn't get my identifier noted

To find out your current one, press menu while on the main menu and then settings iirc...
    Don't think there's currently a way to recover old ones (similar thing happened with me, so I've now got an infected tman living in the same building)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Galway is a no go area at the moment. Full of zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

bandit197 wrote: »
    Galway is a no go area at the moment. Full of zombies.

I went on a bit of a drive by the other night and infected everyone on the north and west of the city ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

I have to say I like the idea of the game,
    BUT
    I have to say its a bit useless to people living in the midland's but i'm going to give it a try!
    What about some random "BOT's" or something into some of the towns or have them travel from town to town at different time's

Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Not at the moment, but if you give me your username I can delete them (Will add a delete function in future release that will require username/identifier)

Grand job, the two that need deleted are Danny and DanHarps. Thanks.

mooneyd wrote: »
    I have to say I like the idea of the game,
    BUT
    I have to say its a bit useless to people living in the midland's but i'm going to give it a try!
    What about some random "BOT's" or something into some of the towns or have them travel from town to town at different time's

Just a suggestion.

PS working fine on the SE arc

mooneyd wrote: »
    PS working fine on the SE arc

Thanks, how's the arc? It's a nice looking device!

Would you mind deleting tman as well then whenever you have a chance? (had to re-reg as Teaser)
    The map is looking nicely full now... Looking forward to my road trip at the Easter weekend:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you delete 'antodeco' please? I deleted the wrong version when going to update and don't know my identifier. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

the identifier is a bit difficult to use, can you add a feature to email it or back it up somewhere on the sd card?

• Advertisement

Thanks, how's the arc? It's a nice looking device!

Im going from the x10 and its a lot smoother. Display is ace.

What the chances of getting a post of what exactly your working on and your next in line.
    Also can you work in Gps im hunting town someone in athlone but our cell'd are too far apart for me to catch them.

Advertisement