Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thats right. Will be changing that soon though (its a little unfair). In the new version survivors will have to cellect supplies to build fortification, which zombies can attack .. so if you want to stay safe you will need to make sure your safe houses are at 100%.

At the moment, how many zombies are needed to infect a person in a fort?

Damn map put me in completely different locations just as I was gonna get the guy near Ennis...twice! I've got another shot at him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

mars bar wrote: »
    At the moment, how many zombies are needed to infect a person in a fort?

Currently 4 i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I just downloaded this game but I have no clue how to infect someone?? Can anyone help?? :o

kingtut wrote: »
    I just downloaded this game but I have no clue how to infect someone?? Can anyone help?? :o

Assuming you are a zombie you just press on the green markers (survivors). They have to be within the range shown by the circle around you on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

baz8080 wrote: »
    Assuming you are a zombie you just press on the green markers (survivors). They have to be within the range shown by the circle around you on the map.

Thanks, damn none in range of me but if I zoom out I can see people a lot further away.... guess I can't do anything unless there is someone in range :(

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks, damn none in range of me but if I zoom out I can see people a lot further away.... guess I can't do anything unless there is someone in range :(

Did you start out as infected or are you clean?

Ugh, this is pissing me off now!

Yesterday I was near two zombies but the map put me way away from where I was. I've only got two more attempts at the guy near the N18...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

@blacknight

When is the new update coming out ? I've been literally looking at the market for an update few time a day.... I can't wait... Need bRAAAaaaiiiIInnnSSSs !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Recommended minor update. The little information box that pops up when you click on a user outside your area... It'd be good if you could see (assuming they're zombies) if they're dead so you don't waste your time traveling all the way over there for a fruitless attack.

Good game btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Recommended minor update. The little information box that pops up when you click on a user outside your area... It'd be good if you could see (assuming they're zombies) if they're dead so you don't waste your time traveling all the way over there for a fruitless attack.

Good game btw!

They show up red if they are zombies and green if not don't they? Or am I misreading your post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

TFK wrote: »
    They show up red if they are zombies and green if not don't they? Or am I misreading your post?
    I don't mean zombie when I say dead, I mean dead-zombie ;)
    When I try to attack most zombies in my area it comes up "unable to attack user: This zombie appears to be dead, but it may walk again..."

Whoo, leveled up to 3 so now I'm a biter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RedZot

I just want to thank you for making this app. It has been a source of fun and the result of many hundreds of dollars out of my monthly budget for gas. My girl AshRox (on the leader board) and I have driven from Nashville to Chattanooga, Atlanta and Louisville hunting folks down. We have stalked people when they were away from the safety of the fortified homes and gotten them while at work. We caught 2 folks driving down i-65 not paying attention. We got a couple folks doubled up in there house not paying attention on 2 occasions. Last night I drove out of my way by an hour and a half to get a lone survivor in Spring Hill TN. Next month we will head either to Memphis or Knoxville and take our hunt their.

Why? Its a good way for us to spend time together and go places that we haven't been together. We discovered part of our own city that we never knew existed.

We click the ads to give support to what is probably our favorite game.

This has been a blast and I cant wait to see what new updates you have planned! Keep it up.

If you have been turned into a Zombie in our little patch of the world it was probably us. Your welcome! :P

Thanks,
    A&Z

PS Attached is a pic of who bit you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's class red. Nice one.

Well thank you.

I was wondering however (yes I want on the leader board as well) what this game would be like in a gathering of people. How would this work say at a convention? There are a couple in Mid TN and then of course DragonCon in the fall (60,000+ attendees). Would this be a blood bath and what would survivors do to... well survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

RedZot wrote: »
    Well thank you.

I was wondering however (yes I want on the leader board as well) what this game would be like in a gathering of people. How would this work say at a convention? There are a couple in Mid TN and then of course DragonCon in the fall (60,000+ attendees). Would this be a blood bath and what would survivors do to... well survive?

Hi RedZot.

Firstly thank you for your comments. I'm working on a lot of cool new features for the game, and they are all for people like you who are enjoying the game, and getting out there and making it interesting! Without players like you there would be no game.

Currently in a convention type scenario it would be a free-for-all, but with the new features I'm adding, things would be more interesting, and a lot more strategic.

Anyway, I'll be posting early builds of the new version here for people to try out once I have them stable ... some of the new features include an improved fighting system, it will take multiple hits to kill zombies/infect survivors. Planning to add real world locations like hospitals to improve interactivity. Improved fortification system .. you will need to gather supplies to fortify locations and a lot more will be coming in the future.

Thanks again!

-Kev

SWEET!

Any idea on when we can expect to see this rolled out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

RedZot wrote: »
    SWEET!

Any idea on when we can expect to see this rolled out?

Its usually on sunday, he works during the week so puts his weekend into it

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its usually on sunday, he works during the week so puts his weekend into it

Unfortunately I can't really put a date on it, because the amount of time that I can spend working on it varies from week to week. But as soon as I have some early stable builds I'll be making them available to people to test out, if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bardus

Just wondering, I have friends with the iPhone. The zombie survival game for it has a lot of other things to do. For example, get weapons, find cures if your bitten, ect. Are you going to develope anything like that for this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

bardus wrote: »
    Just wondering, I have friends with the iPhone. The zombie survival game for it has a lot of other things to do. For example, get weapons, find cures if your bitten, ect. Are you going to develope anything like that for this game?

What's the name of that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bardus

Ste- wrote: »

What's the name of that!?[/Quote

It's called plague

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Just downloaded this now, seem like a brilliant little app.
    By jaysus, South Dublin is a Zombie hotzone.

Is there anything I can do as a suvivor, other then just, you know, survive?

Yep, there is a lot more coming. Interacting with real world locations (hospitals etc..), building fortifications, notifications all on the way..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The zombies seem to be few and far between around Limerick. I keep getting "unable to attack user: This zombie appears to be dead, but it may walk again"

Same people all the time.

MarkR wrote: »
    The zombies seem to be few and far between around Limerick. I keep getting "unable to attack user: This zombie appears to be dead, but it may walk again"

Same people all the time.

Yeh that's a problem with the current version of the game, they are users that no longer play and are stuck in limbo... will be sorted in the next version.

My identifier doesn't work. :(

OK, my family home has no sign of any infected, so I'm fine, but Galway City has a lot of them. Damn.

mars bar wrote: »
    My identifier doesn't work. :(

Email support@outbreakza.com with your name and identifier, ill check it out for you.

• Advertisement

I was in ATL this weekend and I nom nom nomed on people!!!! LvL 8!!!!!

Hey BlackKnight! I hear that you might be willing to do something with GMX. AshRox was sad when I told her we couldnt fly you in from Dublin.

Advertisement