Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 D_Punch

RedZot wrote: »
    Well thank you.

I was wondering however what this game would be like in a gathering of people. How would this work say at a convention? There are a couple in Mid TN and then of course DragonCon in the fall (60,000+ attendees). Would this be a blood bath and what would survivors do to... well survive?

Here is a thought for you on how to add a "Conference Mode" to the game.
    The range would need to be significantly lower 10' or 3.3m would make it playable. Shorter respawn rates, starting at 15min and going up 2-3min per level. Survivors would need to start with 1 "Bite Cure" item, this could be a full clense or a temporarly cure lasting an hour until they fully turn. Other survivors could be able to use their cure on the player to lengthen the turning. Forts would have to be 15' or 5m and last 30 minutes and take more than one survivor to build say 2-3, zombies would need 5-8 to overwhelm the fort. A single survivor built fort could be lowered to hold back only up to 2 zombies and be destroyed with 3.

Respawning of powerups such as Cures and fort items would need to be hourly and in an amount based on players.

I think that for a first step to a fun an playable close range game like this zombie powerups wouldn't be necessary at least in a first version.

This does cause technical problems of course with the accuracy of GPS equipment on various phone models. GPS location updates would need to be updated more frequently. Potential resolutions to this problem is using a local WIFI system for the system to ping instead of Satelite GPS. A local routing gateway would be needed to for the server side application to directly connect to for syncronizing the data being pulled from the conference.
    Potentially the creator "The Back Knight" would need to use a seperate host machine for this game mode.

Adding a mesh wifi network in the conference center with access points on each floor would be able to provide vertical gps location information as well.

Android Services:
    Location Updates from local wifi ping, node address/Mac provides elevation/ this Wifi node is on floor 3.
    Items usable on near by players runs over Bluetooth since it is a close proximity tech.
    Map download via Mobile service/wifi
    Combat runs over lowest ping service, 3g/4g/wifi - Combat over bluetooth could be neat if it could be made to work with so many potential pairs, and it doesn't do well with multiple data streams. So probably best for item uses between players.

This would be fun :) -name idea Outbreak! Zombie Convergence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RedZot

So on a weekend long killing spree that had us go as far north as Indianapolis and getting lost in several corn fields (looking at you people in Avon) AshRoxx and I both made it to lvl 12.

We were wondering what happens to our ranks when the next version of this game comes out.. i would say we pushed a considerable amount of cash into our gas tanks and would hate to know we were wasting our time.

Can anyone tell us how many kills are there between levels?
    We easily took out 40 folks this weekend pushing me from lvl 8 to 12 and Ash from 11 to 12.

Is there a lvl 14?

What is the achievement list?

Sorry... LOTS of questions from 2 happy fans!

Also,

Have a look at Ft Knox... the 2 survivors are... well.. well protected directly in the middle of the base completely out of range. We drove around the border of the fort for about an hour the other day trying to figure out how to get you guys... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I spent from March to May twice a week going up and down the N18 by pass and every time I went for one bugger near Ennis, Google maps would put me way off him and I'd miss him. Every feckin' time! Sunday when I was coming back from Tipp, I said I'd give it another go and you can imagine my delight when the alert came up that I had live flesh in my area only to find out that the fecker was fortified! :mad:

I had a laugh at it when I calmed down. 5 months trying to get him!!

I did get another guy before that so it wasn't all hopeless.

OMG there is one like that here in Nashville.. I wish that by lvl 13 i could bash some of those fortifications... having to get 4 folks to go around at once is REALLY tough. Be cool if by lvl 10 you only needed 2 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mas35NYR

Hello from NJ, totally enjoying the beta but looking forward to the finished version. Just hit level 6 as a survivor and finding it harder to find players who actually play. I've been able to get 4 others to sign up and spread the word at www.themustangsource.com (http://forums.themustangsource.com/f649/outbreak-zombies-beta-498260/) so please keep up the great work!

Uh oh, made level 6 the other day and now I find out my buddy became infected today, so I guess it's not long before It's my turn. Not going down without a fight though!

Mas35NYR wrote: »
    Uh oh, made level 6 the other day and now I find out my buddy became infected today, so I guess it's not long before It's my turn. Not going down without a fight though!
    killed him twice so far, that alone makes this game worth it!

There definitely needs to be a notification tone or icon to let you know you've been infected or killed (no notification for a zombie in your area, that's the player's responsibility to check for himself) that way it gets you to play. Also an expiration date should be implemented if you don't log in within a month (give or take), which would then delete your account and remove you from view.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

mars bar wrote: »
    I spent from March to May twice a week going up and down the N18 by pass and every time I went for one bugger near Ennis, Google maps would put me way off him and I'd miss him. Every feckin' time! Sunday when I was coming back from Tipp, I said I'd give it another go and you can imagine my delight when the alert came up that I had live flesh in my area only to find out that the fecker was fortified! :mad:

I had a laugh at it when I calmed down. 5 months trying to get him!!

I did get another guy before that so it wasn't all hopeless.

You seem to have been dodging me lots as well mars bar. I often see you up there in galway.
    But I got you yesterday evening.
    It's great when you find somebody actively playing the game.
    Really need to clean up the dead zombies that haven't logged in though.
    Took a detour only to find that I couldn't attack them

• Advertisement

tagoona wrote: »
    You seem to have been dodging me lots as well mars bar. I often see you up there in galway.

But I was already infected?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Tried this out but I'm not getting it. Has development on this stopped? Every zombie in Dublin seems to be "dead, but may walk again"...

Do survivors eventually get the ability to clean the infected as they level up? Are the rules/instructions documented anywhere?

mars bar wrote: »

But I was already infected?! :confused:
    Ok.but I'm clean and can attack the infected

Ok.but I'm clean and can attack the infected

You can do that? :eek:

You didn't know that?
    How else are those that are clean supposed to level up?
    I think it stuns ye for 15 mins or so... depending on level of the person attacking.

So I noticed a glitch last night while hunting around Atlanta last night (got nearly 10 kills RAWRRR!!!). The outer edge of my range did not seem to pick up the live flesh and in every single case I had to drive a bit closer to the target in order to infect them.

This weekend should be a nice bloodbath if all goes well at Dragon*Con.

How many kills does it take to get to lvl 14?

How is development on the new version of the app coming?

did zombies get everyone on this board? :eek:

ohh FYI Atlanta was a bloodbath even though there wasn't much activity at the Con itself.

just driving around the north side i got 15+ kills :)

I think Memphis is next on my list of places to stalk when I am away from Nashville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 petehild

Is there a way to delete my old user without the Identifier? I delete the app by accident and I don't know my old Identifier :(
    When I reinstalled the app I had to create a new one.

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Well I've been away for a while, working hard on the new version. Lots of new cool features on the way, and a complete over haul of the game play. 20th of October is the release date!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to it!

How many kills does it take to get to lvl 14?
    I don't think there is a level 14 cause I haven't made it yet and lord knows I've killed more than enough!

Well I've been away for a while, working hard on the new version. Lots of new cool features on the way, and a complete over haul of the game play. 20th of October is the release date!
    Ohh hell yeah! Right in time for GMX! So... Do we get to keep current ranks?

Ohh hell yeah! Right in time for GMX! So... Do we get to keep current ranks?

Sort of, this is a tricky one because the levelling system is different. What I will do is allow you (once you have your name/identifier) migrate your account, which will basically take your attack count and level you up accordingly to some max initial level.. although this might not be available right away... hopefully this doesn't annoy too many people, but because the game play mechanics are so different I can't just do a one-to-one mapping of levels etc..

Mas35NYR wrote: »
    I don't think there is a level 14 cause I haven't made it yet and lord knows I've killed more than enough!

There isn't a level 14 ... thought 13 was a good place to stop, and honestly didn't think people would play enough to make it that far :)

Sort of, this is a tricky one because the levelling system is different. What I will do is allow you (once you have your name/identifier) migrate your account, which will basically take your attack count and level you up accordingly to some max initial level.. although this might not be available right away... hopefully this doesn't annoy too many people, but because the game play mechanics are so different I can't just do a one-to-one mapping of levels etc..

That's cool. Maybe for those of us in the top tier of players could just start off with mega attack range & have a badge or IDK something. Just spent A LOT of gas money on this is all :)
    However if it doesn't work out it just means that AshRoxx and I get to drive to Indy again for "no real good reason".

I am stoked you are going to have this ready for GMX. Stay in contact with Jeremy and I will be sure to make a big announcement during opening ceremonies. If your paying attention to our region you should see a lil spike right around 7pm on Friday the 21st right outside of Nashville, TN.

Thanks man!

There isn't a level 14 ... thought 13 was a good place to stop, and honestly didn't think people would play enough to make it that far :)

Glad you said something cause AshRoxx wanted to drive to Memphis this weekend... you just saved me from another tour of Graceland... I hate Graceland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

@theblacknight, I've lost my identifier and am still showing on the map for ages, I'd like to play again. What do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

I'm having the same problem. My phone got repaired and the OS reinstalled and now I don't seem to find the identifier on my emails, I thought I send it there for save keeping. Is there a way to resend the identifier to my email address?

Also, a nice feature would be to have a map on your website (http://www.outbreakza.com/) where to see all the people playing on a world scale...

ps - Can't wait for the new version!!!! Braaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnssssss.....

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    @theblacknight, I've lost my identifier and am still showing on the map for ages, I'd like to play again. What do I do?
    Easy fix, (I'm using a bionic so this may be a bit different for your phone) go into settings, applications, manage apps, clear the cache for the game. Reload game and create new user. Your old name will be stuck in limbo on the map.

Advertisement