Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

Yeh the update was early this morning (before work :)), pretty sure it fixed the infection issue, I was able to test walking around town today.

I got that guy in Kingswood so I would say it is fixed too! The guy in walkinstown is just out of reach though :( I need to level up again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I got the biter achievement yesterday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Just wanted to say thanks to Sassibob for this video review!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

lol, might be NSFW...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

She;s hot. I wouldnt mind infecting her :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice, valley shot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Who infected me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Groover1964

Loving the game here in Perth, Western Australia (overrun by the undead)

GAME SUGGESTION

I think that some degree of Zombie/Human in-fighting should be allowed.

Not leveling up, but maybe stealing proximity metres or freeze time from each other. Hit a level 4 Zombie and you get 10 metres of their proximity added to yours (they lose 10).

You can only hit the same Zombie once in a 24 hour period.

The apocalypse analogue would be 'Alpha' Zombies get their 'reputation' damaged by a lower level Zombie slapping them.

Hitting a level 1 Zombie (1 metre steal) etc.

Would encourage more movement and 'hunts' in human / zombie infested locations.

Just a thought.

Anyone seeing any problems with the new (1.5.3) version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not noticing any difference other than the option to delete old accounts.

Its still pretty boring for those of us in isolation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

After the scan, about five seconds pass, then it returns a message saying 'Error! Unable to get your location'.

I'm using a 2.2 Incredible S.

Otacon wrote: »
    After the scan, about five seconds pass, then it returns a message saying 'Error! Unable to get your location'.

You using the latest version? Are you using GPS? GPS can take a long time to get a fix, especially if you are not outside .. the app waits for ~20 seconds before giving up, I can increase this for the next version, but it should take that long. Can you get a fix using google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Otacon wrote: »

Same here.
    HTC Desire, CyanogenMod7 (stable)

Maps works perfect. GPS icon appears if I go back to my home screen. I still cant get onto the map in Outbreak.

Same here, not getting a location in the game.
    Google maps gets a lock quite quickly.

Gingervillain 2,Htc desire

Do you guys have mock locations turned off? Some of the baked roms leave that turned on in the settings.

nope

Sure the game wont let u load it up at all if mock locations are on. Figured out that the hard way when it start giving me a message in the last version. Took me ages to find it. Had to eventually google how to turn mock locations off!

yep, although I thought perhaps that the check might fail with certain roms etc. Haven't had any of these issues myself on gingerbread / nexus s and cyanogen 7 final / desire z. The lowly europa on eclair works surprisingly well too!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Same here.
    HTC Desire, CyanogenMod7 (stable)

Maps works perfect. GPS icon appears if I go back to my home screen. I still cant get onto the map in Outbreak.

Did you try using network location? Does google maps pick up your location?

• Advertisement

Maps works perfect, ye. What do you mean by "Network Location"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DavidAhiga

Mostly no issues. It had real difficulty with my GPS on my HTC Evo Sense when I first turned it on. After an hour it worked fine. Sometimes the map stops updating my location so I must roll back and re-thumb in.

Turned 3 zombies in Tampa near Busch Gardens...Me and the kids enjoyed the brains. Need more brains in Tampa...

Is there a game reset? Am I a zombie forever with a dwindling supply of food?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Maps works perfect, ye. What do you mean by "Network Location"?

Open Settings>Location...

From there you should have opens for GPS and network locations

DavidAhiga wrote: »
    Mostly no issues. It had real difficulty with my GPS on my HTC Evo Sense when I first turned it on. After an hour it worked fine. Sometimes the map stops updating my location so I must roll back and re-thumb in.

Turned 3 zombies in Tampa near Busch Gardens...Me and the kids enjoyed the brains. Need more brains in Tampa...

Is there a game reset? Am I a zombie forever with a dwindling supply of food?

Next feature I'm working on is survivors being able to turn zombies back into humans

it seems i can only play outside. picks up a location instantly.
    if i play inside it just sits on waiting for location.

have network and gps locations both enabled

subway wrote: »
    it seems i can only play outside. picks up a location instantly.
    if i play inside it just sits on waiting for location.

have network and gps locations both enabled

When you have both enabled, the app will pick GPS automatically as it is more accurate. GPS will only work (generally) when you are outdoors because it needs a clear view of the sky.

I haven't changed anything and it worked before.
    Can you make it try network if gps unavailable like most other apps seem to do?

subway wrote: »
    I haven't changed anything and it worked before.
    Can you make it try network if gps unavailable like most other apps seem to do?

Hope to get a new build out later today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 esplanade

Cool game :D Although I'm now a little afraid to leave my fortified house at night...

Next feature I'm working on is survivors being able to turn zombies back into humans

The inevitable outcome of the zombie apocalypse has been concerning me...eventually, even with new players joining, there will be too many zombies for game-play to be worth continuing. What about some kind of campaign system? Getting flipped back and forth from survivor to zombie seems counter-intuitive...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Perhaps if you don't eat enough brainzzzzzz you'll die

Advertisement