Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Mas35NYR wrote: »
    Easy fix, (I'm using a bionic so this may be a bit different for your phone) go into settings, applications, manage apps, clear the cache for the game. Reload game and create new user. Your old name will be stuck in limbo on the map.

Yes, hovering over my house, I need him to die

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Inactive users/unused accounts will be cleared from the map in the next version ... and you wont be able to throw your account away, it will be tied to your google account on the device, so no more identifiers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mas35NYR

Total bloodbath in NYC, a huge sea of red! No one left for me to kill! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RedZot

Mas35NYR wrote: »
    Total bloodbath in NYC, a huge sea of red! No one left for me to kill! :)

I love a good bloodbath. cant wait for the 21st.

Here's a link to the first build of the new version. dl.dropbox.com/u/27310883/oza_pre.apk

I realise it's a little rough. But I want to get it out early to get rid of any big problems certain devices might have. UI will have a lot more work done, and some features still to come.

I would appreciate any feedback that people have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Installed earlier, no range indicator so far

Need more players :) brainzzzz

Not showing any other users worldwide.
    Think it used to show closest users?
    Tap and hold for users doesn't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got the new version, trying it now!

Press Menu, then "Scan Surroundings" shows 'hospitals', 'Update Map' shows other people/zombies.

i cant see any other users :(

• Advertisement

subway wrote: »
    i cant see any other users :(

Have you tried "Menu > Update Map"?

my phone just restarted when i hit menu from inside the app. trying again now

ahhh, v good !

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Unable to connect to server after thumb scan

Unable to connect to server after thumb scan

What is the exact error message? is this the new test version yeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RedZot

I had some minor issues last night (besides accidentally getting totally trashed) but figured i would give it a day and let the game populate a little bit.

Thanks for posting. Hope your ok with us sharing it out a lil bit.

RedZot wrote: »
    I had some minor issues last night (besides accidentally getting totally trashed) but figured i would give it a day and let the game populate a little bit.

Thanks for posting. Hope your ok with us sharing it out a lil bit.

Please do share it out, the more users the better. I have a new hosting set-up so I need to see how it handles mutliple active users. The more action that it sees between now and next week, the more stable I can make the release version.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

started this today, killed somebody in the matar hospital :P
    got gf to get it too, we love it! Not sure of how much functionality thee is, is tehre anything but attacking to do? can zombies be cured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

started this today, killed somebody in the matar hospital :P
    got gf to get it too, we love it! Not sure of how much functionality thee is, is tehre anything but attacking to do? can zombies be cured?
    I think there is cures.I forgot to install it on new phone but if I remember correctly it is possible for a cure.

New build is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27310883/oza_pre_2.apk shold fix a lot of issues people were having

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    I think there is cures.I forgot to install it on new phone but if I remember correctly it is possible for a cure.

In the new version a zombie can be killed. If you are killed you will be reset as a survivor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What am I supposed to do exactly?

I can see a map, obviously zombies and survivor symbols on the map.
    Now what though?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ghandee wrote: »

Now what though?

Go chase!

Now what though?

As a survivor you must try to survive. As a zombie you should be trying to infect survivors. The game uses your actual location, so if you are a zombie and want to attack a survivor you must physically go to their location on the map and hit the attack button.

Survivors can interact with hospitals, and shops. They can also build safe houses using supplies collected from shops. Zombies increase their health by infecting survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've started as a cleanie!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Now what though?

As a survivor you must try to survive. As a zombie you should be trying to infect survivors. The game uses your actual location, so if you are a zombie and want to attack a survivor you must physically go to their location on the map and hit the attack button.

Survivors can interact with hospitals, and shops. They can also build safe houses using supplies collected from shops. Zombies increase their health by infecting survivors.
    Do shops and hospitals show up with any icon? I'm bedside both atm, but dunno how to use em

Oh I see them now in the beta. After installing it you get errors saying contact support until you reset the app. The two apps appear to have a separate db? Will levels be reset for this new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My location is roughly a mile off.I'm in county kilkenny on this and feel dirty.

New build, delete current one.. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27310883/oza_pre_3.apk

• Advertisement

Oh I see them now in the beta. After installing it you get errors saying contact support until you reset the app. The two apps appear to have a separate db? Will levels be reset for this new one?

Try the new build, delete current one. You should be able to test account migration. you just need your identifier

Advertisement