Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Imo the range is too large, or maybe its just galway being too small. If you are in galway city center you can infect nearly everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

plonk wrote: »
    Imo the range is too large, or maybe its just galway being too small. If you are in galway city center you can infect nearly everyone.

There's not even anybody in London for me to get infected by.... The nearest 2 to me are all the way out in Kent:(
    Even on the previous version which had loads more players, I never seemed to be that close to anybody while at work or home (don't have a data bundle at the mo so I'm only using wifi)

/edit
    Just updated to the newer version and that seems to have sorted my connection issues while GPS is enabled... Nice work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

allen175 wrote: »
    i went out to infect sachtmo82 and found i had to reset the app to be able to infect him. when i was driving to his location i had the app open and when i was in range i wouldn't let me infect him by tapping on him, i had to restart the app for it to infect him.

New update should have fixed this. I know update your surroundings/state when ever your location changes so that you always have the most up to date information. You can still manually refresh via the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

How do you switch between Satellite Map view and Normal Map View?

I was wondering also if it might be an idea to allow zombies to form 'allegiances' whereby you can ask eg. 1 (or more) other zombie to join you by tapping on them, and if they accept then something happens, eg. your range increases 10 metres for every zombie you have formed an allegiance with (up to say a maximum of 10 zombies...)

jArgHA wrote: »
    How do you switch between Satellite Map view and Normal Map View?

I was wondering also if it might be an idea to allow zombies to form 'allegiances' whereby you can ask eg. 1 (or more) other zombie to join you by tapping on them, and if they accept then something happens, eg. your range increases 10 metres for every zombie you have formed an allegiance with (up to say a maximum of 10 zombies...)

I was considering something like this alright, hordes of zombies, and groups of survivors.. but I reckon I won't get around to doing something like that for a while.

Go into the settings (Press menu on main screen) and there is a check box to change map style. As Baz8080 pointed out there is a bug there, it should select satellite view by default but it doesn't when you first install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How do you attack zombies? It doesn't let me

antodeco wrote: »
    How do you attack zombies? It doesn't let me

Is the zombie within range (Inside the light blue circle)? You can only attack when in range... if you are in range then it's a bug.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

hehe I just infected Alden!

But i managed to infect him while he is just outside my range :eek: half way between me and him is where my circle ends.

hehe I just infected Alden!

But i managed to infect him while he is just outside my range :eek: half way between me and him is where my circle ends.

Hmmm .. did you update to the new pre-release I posted last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

I installed the new beta (which didn't update the original beta).
    I then got asked for an identifier to log into my original account (??????). Don't have a clue what it was.
    When I restarted it again, it told me what my identifier was.
    Maybe start people registering with an email so they can re-connect (via identifier/password reset) to their old account.

The help link is also going to 192.168.3.6. You may want to fix that!

Also, you're going to lose a lot of people if you start this re-registering for everyone. There's probably a plan..... but....still

• Advertisement

Hmmm .. did you update to the new pre-release I posted last night?

Im using the one that was posted yesterday or the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

tagoona wrote: »
    I then got asked for an identifier to log into my original account (??????). Don't have a clue what it was.
    Maybe start people registering with an email so they can re-connect (via identifier/password reset) to their old account.

You don't log on to your old account, the new beta is starting from scratch, with an identifier so you can log back into that new account next time. The market release will update to the new beta when he's fixed any bugs, we're just testing it for him

tagoona wrote: »

The help link is also going to 192.168.3.6. You may want to fix that!

This is a pre-release (see original post). It is purely to test out some of the new features before it hits the market, as I only have two devices to test on. The build I post to the market will replace the original beta.

I don't want to get into the business of storing peoples emails/password etc.. can cause too many problems with privacy etc.. and I want to keep things simple and completely anonymous, so I dprovide each user with an identifier when they first create their account, which can be used to identify them selves.

Also beta2 uses a new back-end to support survivor attacking/levels/achievements etc... so all beta one accounts will be deleted. You need to create a new account for beta 2 (It would be pointless doing migration of existing accounts just to keep user names).

Im using the one that was posted yesterday or the day before.

If you go to the settings screen do you see an option to toggle between satellite and map view?

If you don't, download this: http://goo.gl/xm5lU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Maybe you should add the option to email the identifier to yourself on first login

If you go to the settings screen do you see an option to toggle between satellite and map view?

If you don't, download this: http://goo.gl/xm5lU

Strange i thought i was using the most up-to-date version.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Maybe you should add the option to email the identifier to yourself on first login

It is currently stored in the preferences screen ('Menu > Settings' from home screen), I may consider a more permanent form of storage post-beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

considering im in the middle of tipp and miles from anywhere id consider bringing in range depending on location. in cities etc limit it to what it is now - simple explanation is that there is more obstacles etc...
    in countryside i would expand the limits a lot... maybe depending how far you are from the major cities or something...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Right, I can attack zombies now! Had to exit from it. However, they were well out of my "blue circle"...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

If you're going to have achievements, you'll need a rank between all zombies and infected.
    People would want the option to view this from their PC as well, which may require a log-in if you want to allow purchase of new weapons(micro-transactions) to improve attack damage(for uninfected) or a new strain of the virus to improve rate of infection(for zombies).
    In my experience, people have no problem providing an email address for password reset, etc, if it means they can access their account, as long as they don't receive spam.
    Something to mull over.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Right, I can attack zombies now! Had to exit from it. However, they were well out of my "blue circle"...

Did you download the last build that I posted? It should fix this, anyone else seeing this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

It's working great... Using Samsung spica i5700.

At the moment there's hardly any people playing on the new beta version, so it's a bit boring at the moment around Galway, we are only clean players which makes kinda of irrelevant until we at least get one zombie into play close by...

@Balcknight: When are you going to release it on the market to get a bigger user interaction?

heepie wrote: »
    It's working great... Using Samsung spica i5700.

At the moment there's hardly any people playing on the new beta version, so it's a bit boring at the moment around Galway, we are only clean players which makes kinda of irrelevant until we at least get one zombie into play close by...

@Balcknight: When are you going to release it on the market to get a bigger user interaction?

Think it should be ready to go by Sunday, depends on how much time I can find to work on it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

@theblacknight

My zombie location is stuck in Limerick even though I'm back in Galway. I have my phone set to locate me when I'm on wifi, which I am. When I update my map, it just loads users in my area...which isn't the area I'm in!

mars bar wrote: »
    @theblacknight

My zombie location is stuck in Limerick even though I'm back in Galway. I have my phone set to locate me when I'm on wifi, which I am. When I update my map, it just loads users in my area...which isn't the area I'm in!

Could you open the google maps app and see if that picks up your new location?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Could you open the google maps app and see if that picks up your new location?

Bingo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

plonk wrote: »

How did you get infected? Could have swore I checked earlier and Galway was clean, (latest beta).

New version officially available! The pre-market build will no longer work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just Downloaded it there now. Error not found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

Downloading...

Advertisement