Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Thursday 25th August

Bench
    3@60,72.5,75,77.5,80
    2@82.5kg
    1@85kg
    f@87.5kg

Floor Press
    6@65,67.5
    5@70kg

Glen Rows
    6@60kg
    4x6@70kg

Presses randomly between Glen Rows
    5@40
    5@55
    3@55

Point at which I should have went home

Random Kb snatches @ 24kg

Powercleans
    5x5@80kg

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@75kg
    1xf@79kg herp
    3xf@80kg derp

Aids have spread to my bench which put me into a lets just **** about mood. Really should have went home about half way through then started doing things randomly like 24kg kb snatches. Then 80kg was on a barbell so started to powerclean it a bunch of times. Then thought I'd do a few snatches at 40kg while columok was deadlifting. Well 40kg is kinda gay so kept going up. Then got particularly stupid and tried to PR snatch. Wasn't that far off actually. Pull is fine just my brain won't fully commit to getting under because it has some sense not to dive under a weight that would be my max OHS. Stooopid weak legs.

Here's one of the fails anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

token wrote: »

You blatantly could have caught that.

d'Oracle wrote: »

Yep I can pull the **** out of it no problem I should be snatching 85kg really but my legs are so weak that I have a spas attack about being crushed. My ratios are ****ed whose ****ing snatch is limited by leg strength! Ridiculous!!! On a positive note my lifts will steadily climb for a long time as strength builds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

d'Oracle wrote: »

Tough catching a lift that far out in front...

Looks like you didn't quite hit full extension?? Looking rock solid tho :)

You'll always be the skinny weak met-con guy to me.

Hanley wrote: »
    Tough catching a lift that far out in front...
    Looks like you didn't quite hit full extension?? Looking rock solid tho :)

Yeah I cut the pull a touch early which I've a habit of doing around max.
    You'll always be the skinny weak met-con guy to me.

I did the kb snatches to keep up appearances on that front :pac:

• Advertisement

Monday 29th August

Tired after weekend training tonight wasn't worth a ****e had to drop reps/weights.

Also added Sotts Press to my warmup after my inability to do them led me to be beaten by little girls over the weekend.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    1x3@50kg
    2x3@60kg
    2x2@65kg failed one
    2x3@60kg failed one

Cleans
    3@70kg
    3@72.5kg
    3@75kg failed one, FML
    3@75kg

Had planned on going to 80kg, useless.

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    2x3@87.5kg (belt from here)
    2x2@92.5kg
    2x2@97.5kg

Reps were dropped

Seated DB Press
    6 @ 14,16,18,20

Bodyweight dropped to 78kg also since getting philadelphia flu but it's cleared now finally. Only few sessions before going on holidays so didn't get much out of this block of training. Oh well that's the way it goes some times.

I REALLY like sotts presses - I FINALLY understood how to catch snatches after doing them

I REALLY like sotts presses - I FINALLY understood how to catch snatches after doing them

I'm too inflexible to do them properly. I can't even press empty barbell up without creating a bit of momentum first. I figure this is a large reason why I have trouble catching maximal snatches.

I'm too inflexible to do them properly. I can't even press empty barbell up without creating a bit of momentum first. I figure this is a large reason why I have trouble catching maximal snatches.

What, no thoracic flexibility? Or is it something else?

What, no thoracic flexibility? Or is it something else?

Yeah no thoracic flexbility and I do work on it with all the kstarr stuff. It's just really ****. I'm hoping by practising the movement itself I'll somewhat get the hang of it.

• Advertisement

Yeah no thoracic flexbility and I do work on it with all the kstarr stuff. It's just really ****. I'm hoping by practising the movement itself I'll somewhat get the hang of it.

FWIW (and I don't know if I ever had a problem with thoracic flexiblity so it may have been no help....) - shoulder dislocates, really forcing my chest up, and arches over the foam roller did wonders for me. Walked into weightlifting after years of PL, which "makes you tight", apparently, and was able to OH squat and snatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The angle of your back in the bottom position would make it fairly impossible to press from.

I am far too tired to construct that sentence properly.

The angle of your back in the bottom position would make it fairly impossible to press from.

Do I need to push my head through more?

I am far too tired to construct that sentence properly.

_____ --> your back angle

_____ --> floor

Hard to press from that position.

Graphs - making **** easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Do I need to push my head through more?

lol

Wednesday 31st August

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    2x3@52kg
    2x3@57kg
    2x3@60kg
    2@63kg

Powercleans + 1 Jerk
    3@70kg
    2x3@80kg
    2x2@85kg
    2x3@80kg

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    2x5@87.5kg (belt from here)
    2x3@92.5kg
    2x3@97.5kg

Got to the gym late so a bit of a rush job so none of that stretching bollix tonight. I was in and out within the hour, it was like a bloody metcon. Okay not quite but I reckon I was at least in the fat burning zone. I'm gonna be ripped tomorrow.

That was my last session in Bray tonight the lads have already started moving some of the gear to Ironside. They'll be fully moved in and operating by Monday. Exciting!!

Thursday 1st September

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    2x2@80kg
    2x2@82.5kg
    2x1@85kg
    1@87.5kg
    2xf@90kg

Snatch Pulls
    5@60kg
    2x5@70kg
    1x4@75kg
    2x3@80kg

Glenn Rows
    4x6@70kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg

Press
    10,10,10,7,7@45kg

Another meh session. I've lost interest in the bench too. I'm going to max it next week then switch to push press. I'll go after the 100kg bench then later in the year.

Attempted 5x10 on the Presses. Stupid muscle endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Glen Rows
    4x6@70kg

he lets you drop the 2nd 'n' eh? Woah.

Wednesday 7th September

Was away at the weekend and too tired and lethargic to train Monday. Didn't feel all that awesome tonight either. Since I'm going on holidays next week I decided to go through with my planned max session anyway.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    1x2@50kg
    1x2@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@74kg
    1@77kg (+1kg PR)
    3xf@80kg herp de derp

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@60kg
    1@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    2xf@95kg **** everything about this

Yeah I was feeling weakass tonight and couldn't be bothered with squats after C&J. I left the gym depressed. I'm trying to remind myself now that I got a PR. I'm gonna hit the bench tomorrow then I'm off to climb Kilimanjaro from Saturday. Well it's more of a hike than a climb but I'll keep saying climb because it sounds more badass. I'll probably come back weighing 60kg. Once I get back I'm sorting out food,sleep, not getting smashed and really get ****ing stuck in for the rest of the year.

Vid of 77kg snatch

Also of note ECB won't be ready until Monday but it's starting to take shape and is gonna be badass when it's finished.

Thursday 8th September

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shouldn't have bothered training but I'd only be bored at home so I loitered around the gym being useless for 90+ minutes.

Bench up to 87.5, failed 95 twice

Then the loitering..

Powerclean up to 90kg
    Deadlift up to 150kg, failed 165kg (Haven't deadlifted in 5'ish months, felt really weird)
    Few backs squats at 80kg, just couldn't be bothered with it so I bailed
    3x200m C2 rows with metcon sally, 34s,35s,35.5s. 200m rows are pretty short but just long enough for me to remember why I don't do conditioning any more, and I particularly hate rowing any ways.

Right outta here for two weeks gonna get stuck in when I get back with some renewed energy and quit the emo logging I've been doing for the past month. Well partially maybe.

• Advertisement

Thursday 8th September

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shouldn't have bothered training but I'd only be bored at home so I loitered around the gym being useless for 90+ minutes.

Bench up to 87.5, failed 95 twice

Then the loitering..

Powerclean up to 90kg
    Deadlift up to 150kg, failed 165kg (Haven't deadlifted in 5'ish months, felt really weird)
    Few backs squats at 80kg, just couldn't be bothered with it so I bailed
    3x200m C2 rows with metcon sally, 34s,35s,35.5s. 200m rows are pretty short but just long enough for me to remember why I don't do conditioning any more, and I particularly hate rowing any ways.

Right outta here for two weeks gonna get stuck in when I get back with some renewed energy and quit the emo logging I've been doing for the past month. Well partially maybe.
    While you're away I'm going to convince ECB/Everyone in Irish Oly that you have to eat up a weight class!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

columok wrote: »
    While you're away I'm going to convince ECB/Everyone in Irish Oly that you have to eat up a weight class!!!
    When he comes back he'll be eating up to the 62kg class!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    When he comes back he'll be eating up to the 62kg class!

I'll do what this guy did http://users.telenet.be/tom.goegebuer/Gallery_EC08.html. Silly ****er*

* let it be noted I came across this while perving on Julia Rohde** and not searching for topless male weightlifters with ridiculously low bodyfat percentages.

** Ok perving on WL chicks is probably dodgy as well but just **** all y'all's is what I say.

-Julia Rohde lives in my basement
    -Look for a video of Goegebuer lifting. Whaddya see?

Dead Ed wrote: »
    -Julia Rohde lives in my basement
    -Look for a video of Goegebuer lifting. Whaddya see?

Bastard!

Well be the hokey, technique looks familiar alright. Pity I can't copy it though.

Wednesday 21st September

Made it to the top of Kilimanjaro like a boss. I have however since learned that climbing mountains and lifting weights do not mix. I mean really do not mix. Absolutely piss weak tonight.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    1x3@45kg
    3x3@50kg
    3x3@55kg failed one of them uggh

Clean & Jerk
    3@60kg
    5x2@70kg

Squats
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    2x5@80kg (belt)
    5@70kg

Club championships in Cork on the 16th next month. I was planning on lifting at it but I'm not sure now after tonight. There's not a lot of time to get my **** together and I'm not interested in lifting if PR's aren't up for grabs. I'll see how training goes the next two weeks and how fast I get back up to speed.

Okay that's enough of that nonsense back to following brah advice "Why climb a mountain when you can become one".

Okay that's enough of that nonsense back to following brah advice "Why climb a mountain when you can become one".

So will you:
    a) Consistently eat?
    b) Stop cutting for competitions?
    c) Consistently eat?
    d) Not have a cardio event in 6-8 weeks.
    e) Consistently eat?

• Advertisement

columok wrote: »
    So will you:
    a) Consistently eat?
    b) Stop cutting for competitions?
    c) Consistently eat?
    d) Not have a cardio event in 6-8 weeks.
    e) Consistently eat?

I'm going to work on tuning your frequencies out. Worry about your own training SON.

Advertisement