Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

27th July 2011

Didn't get down to the gym until late so didn't do much. I wasn't going to do much anyway though after the weekend. This week is arse about until new programme begins next week. I'll probably fit some stupid **** in there somewhere before I get back to being serious.

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2@55kg
    3x1@60kg

Front Squat
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3x3@70kg

Chins
    1x10

Bodyweight is back to a less pathetic 78.5kg (but still pathetic). So aim will be to get back up to 80kg or so and not get another case of anorexia before the next comps weigh-in.

28th July 2011

Left to my own devices this is the type of **** I'd do all the time. I'd probably add in back squats now and then though to keep up appearances somewhat.

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1xf@95kg :mad:

Powerclean
    3@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100kg
    3xf@104kg :confused:

Split Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    3xf@75kg :rolleyes:

Bench felt ****ty all the way throughout. I wasn't too far off on the 95kg but I really should be getting that now after the last few weeks of benching.

My powerclean options after 100kg due to plates available were A) 101kg, B)102.5kg, C)104kg. Now A is a ****ing gays choice so I didn't do that. B? Please! I'm a weightlifter and it's not the 70's C) Only option left. I was really ****ing close on my 3rd attempt. I got it into the rack position but the weight was out forward and it started sinking me into a bent over front squat which was never gonna happen. Next time!

Felt like doing something else then and split snatches it was. It's just pure sex of a lift. Love it. Probably should have done them before the powercleans though. I was a fraction off getting the 3rd attempt but I decided to stick with my 3 strikes and out rule today.

If I'm not too hungover on Saturday I might give split cleans ago. I've never done before so I'll probably kill myself. The recovery out of one looks awkward.

Saturday = extreme hangover
    Monday = extreme laziness

Normal services resuming Wednesday.

Tuesday 2nd August

Got my new programme today. And so the cycle begins again. Another block of training before I turn into a beautiful butterfly...or something like that.

Pretty similar to the one previous few small changes and the weights have been bumped up a good bit especially on anything snatch related. Going up to 80kg for triples on snatch pulls etc. I was hoping he'd stick that one in.

Snatch
    1x3@40kg
    1x3@50kg
    2x3@60kg missed one
    2x2@65kg missed one
    2x3@60kg

Cleans
    1x3@60kg
    1x3@65kg
    1x3@70kg (belt from here)
    1x3@72.5kg
    1x3@75kg

Back Squats
    1x5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    2x5@87kg (belt from here)
    2x3@93kg
    2x3@97kg

Single Arm Alternating DB Press (seated)
    1x6@10kg
    1x6@12kg
    1x6@14kg
    1x6@16kg

Felt like **** after weekend. The gap in not training let me slip into pre-training habits of irregular eating and maintaining vampire like time schedule. Snatches always take the worst hit when I feel off so a couple of dodge reps in there. Happy to finally be on 60kg for triples though. Makes loading plates easier :pac:

The cleans are just pyramiding triples over the session and each week instead of percentages. I do ****ing hate full cleans though. I consider them punishment for bad deeds in a previous life.

First time doing db presses like that so testing the waters. I'll load it a bit heavier next time.

Goals of this training block are 80/105kg. Leinsters are pushed back to 17th September by the way anyone competing in it.

Thursday 4th August

Did day 3 of my programme when I had planned to do day 2. I had bad quad doms from Tuesday so I skipped doing that :o That's what I get for slacking off lately,

Snatch Pulls
    2x5@70kg
    1x4@75kg
    2x3@80kg

Bench
    2x5@40kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@72.5kg
    3@75kg
    3@77.5kg
    3@80kg
    3@82.5kg
    2@85kg
    1@87.5kg attempted double
    1@90kg

Pendlay Rows
    8@50kg
    4x6@70kg

SL RDLS
    4x8@10kg dumbell

KORE
    Plank, 50kg @ 60 seconds not pleasant
    3x30 Seated Russian Twists @ 20kg
    3x8 Barbell rollouts

Misc
    Floor presses
    Reverse Hypers
    Ammonia

Got some new WL shoes. The Adidas Power Perfect II that half the country has at this stage. They are savage though. They feel a lot more solid and stable than the do-wins. I was tempted to have a crack at snatching 80kg while doing the snatch pulls they felt so good.

Equalled bench PR after doing a solid amount of volume on the way to it. 95kg should be there in another session or two. Bench isn't on my new program but I haven't' benched 100kg yet so sneaky benching until that happens.

Rest of session....stuff.

• Advertisement

Saturday 6th August

Clean Pulls
    5@80kg
    3x5@100kg
    2x4@105kg

Chinups
    3x8

Back Squats
    5@40 kg
    5@60kg
    5@80kg
    5x5@95kg (belt)

Not too long before triple digits on 5x5 back squats and being slightly less pathetic. It's the goal that drives me. Being slightly less pathetic each training cycle.

I'm tired after that. Afternoon nap methinks before hitting the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

token wrote: »
    It's the goal that drives me. Being slightly less pathetic each training cycle.

Afternoon nap methinks before hitting the sauce.
    I predict a log post on Monday that describes how you got couch drunk and your training suffered. It would be telling if we looked back over your log at the percentage of mondays where this happened...

Also make sure after the pub to ask for the burger without the cheese. You don't wanna get fat!

columok wrote: »
    I predict a log post on Monday that describes how you got couch drunk and your training suffered. It would be telling if we looked back over your log at the percentage of mondays where this happened...

Also make sure after the pub to ask for the burger without the cheese. You don't wanna get fat!

I can guarentee it I was hungover to **** this morning and still am a bit. I'm going out tonight as well so expect moaning beyond my usual amount tomorrow. I do really need to stop drinking! :(

Oh and my hangover food today was a double quarter pounder with cheese, small fries & 250ml milk. Small fries because yeah I wouldn't wanna get fat.

Tuesday 9th August

Made an executive decision to not train Monday for various reasons, ok one reason. I contracted beer induced sniffles last night so felt pretty rubbish today anyway. Decent enough session however apart from a few missed snatches. That was more getting used to the new shoes than anything I think. It was all a bit 'woaaah' at the bottom of the snatch due to less heel than I'm used.

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2x3@60kg missed one
    2x2@65kg missed one
    1@68kg 2 tries
    2x1@71kg 3 tries

Cleans
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@72.5kg
    3@75kg
    3@77.5kg

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    5@80kg
    3x3@93kg (belt from here)
    2x3@97.5kg
    1x2@102.5kg
    1@110kg

Single Arm DB Presses
    6@16kg
    3x6@18kg

Also finally got around to having a screening with Emma. I've got some funk going on in my right glutus medial which is what causes my right knee to come in a bit on squats It's not overly pronounced or anything but should garner a few kg on snatch if I fix it. It used to be terrible a while back before I knew what the word mobility meant. Then it's further improved a lot in the last few months just focusing on strength.

Thursday 11th August

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    3@72.5kg
    3@75kg
    3@77.5kg
    2@85kg
    1@90kg

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    2x3@52.5kg
    2x3@57.5kg
    2x3@60kg
    2@64kg

Powercleans + 1 Jerk
    3@70kg
    2x2@80kg
    2x2@85kg
    2@90kg (belt from here)
    2@95kg

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    2x5@87.5kg (belt from here)
    2x3@92.5kg
    2x2@97.5kg
    2@102.5kg

Beer sniffles have turned into full blown Philidelphia flu* I'm talking full on 80's strain here. I was considering taking the day off work but have deadlines so couldn't. Then there was no way I was going to go training but once work finished I got restless and went training away. Turned out to be a pretty good session despite lookin' like Tom Hank circa Philidelphia. Absolutely dripping in sweat.

*tm columok

• Advertisement

Saturday 13th August

Developementzz Squad Session

Snatch
    warmups
    1@70
    1@73
    1@75 (belt from here)
    3xf@77 dang

Powerclean&Jerk
    Warmups
    1@80
    1@85
    1@90 (belt from here)
    1@95

Still hanging with the Philidelphia flu but a development squad session was on today so couldn't miss that!I put myself down as feeling 5/10 before starting.

Snatches went pretty well though considering. I should have got the 77kg hence the 3 attempts but unfortunately it didn't materialise. I stood outside the roller door to get some air between lifts. I was Tom Hanksin it.

C&J were rubbish I was too weak so one lift at 95 and that was me done. Good day though and it will be good when it gets going regularly and lifting with people +/- 10kg of your total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

If it gets going regular will it just be for the people who attended the first session or open to whoever wants to go or do you not know the answer to this :)

It's more the merrier with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Did ye get t-shirts?

Did ye get t-shirts?

Yes, black is back.

Monday 15th August

Tom Hanks has outstayed his welcome but still won't leave :(

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    5x2@60kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    2x5@87kg (belt from here)
    2x3@93kg
    2x3@97kg

DB Press
    4x6@18kg

Cut back on snatches and dropped cleans because of that bastard. Hopefully he's cleared by Wednesday. Went through prehab for first time bloody hell it takes ages and also pretty damn tiring on legs. I'll stick with it anyway until I'm fixed.

Thursday 18th August

Missed training yesterday due to impromptu work night out. I only had two pints before the internetz police get on to me.

So training...blasting through sticking points and stabilising my stabilisers. So two guesses to who I was training with.

Band Resisted Bench
    Green 20x3x3
    Green Triples at 25,30,35 Warmup
    Worksets: 3s @40,42.5,45,47.5,50,52.5,55,57.5,60

Stability Bench Madness
    5kg purple ea x6
    5+5 purple ea x6
    10+5 green purple ea x6
    10+5+5 green purple purple x6

Then **** I'm actually supposed to do..

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    2x3@52.5kg
    2x3@57.5kg
    2x3@60kg
    2@64kg

Powercleans + 1 Power Jerk
    3@70kg
    2x3@80kg
    2x2@85kg
    2x3@80kg

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    2x5@80kg
    3x5@90kg

Platform was slippery so did power jerk instead of split. They were gack anyway pressed out 3 of them.

Forgot my blankie (weightlifting belt) so didn't go mad on squats.

Yeah still diseased but down to a 90's strain now. Might actually get some proper training in again from Monday and start progressing this **** again.

Saturday 20th August

With not having a time constraint excuse on a Saturday morning I did my full pre/rehab session. Bloody hell I'm surprised I can walk straight with how much that exposed a non functioning right glute. Surely has to be some performance gains when fixed.

Powersnatch (warmup for snatch pulls)
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    3@60kg

Snatch Pulls
    2x5@70kg
    1x4@75kg
    2x3@80kg

Pendlay Rows
    6@60kg
    4x6@70kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@80kg
    3@90kg
    3x3@100kg (belt)

Plank
    3x30s@50kg

Fairly lazy session more punch the clock than anything. I got a bunch of maxes coming up next week so only minimal hooching tonight. Just a small bit to pass the time like. Hopefully PR snatch related stuff and bump up my percentages for next programme because those snatch pulls at 70kg are so ridiculous they seem pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 amyco7

i want to loose weight and get a flat stomach but i'm not allowed go to the gym, does anyone have any idea's?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

amyco7 wrote: »
    i want to loose weight and get a flat stomach but i'm not allowed go to the gym, does anyone have any idea's?

Do the opposite of what Token did. He used to be skinny and now he's fat.

• Advertisement

eat less

What is this I don't even

i eat like any normal teenager does, but is there any stretches you do to get a flat stomach?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

i eat like any normal teenager does, but is there any stretches you do to get a flat stomach?

Stretch away from the dinner table.

are yhu trying to be sarcatic?

are yhu trying to be sarcatic?

No, he's succeeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Isn't that cute, you have some random person so smitten with your log, they come here for answers.

howtomake wrote: »
    Isn't that cute, you have some random person so smitten with your log, they come here for answers.

My post about losing 5kg in two and half days a few weeks back was just a ruse to attract teenage girls here. I wasn't sure which was the more apt character to sum up this situation so Imma post both.

quagbear.jpg

Monday 22th August

Tom still lingering around. That's two full weeks now godammit! Fingers crossed he's ****ed off completely by Wednesday.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    2@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@69kg
    1@72kg (belt from here)
    1@74kg
    1xf@75kg
    1@76kg
    3xf@77kg daaaamn!

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    3@80lg
    2@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@107.5kg (belt from here)
    1@112.kg (stupid belt fell off, velcro)
    1@116kg (1kg PR)

A repeat of Saturday before last with 3 misses at 77k again. Ah well, at least I'm hitting the 75kg range with a bit of consistency now. I go up to max again in two weeks so hopefully PR then (I would say defiantly but possibly a heavy weekend just before it).

Skipped cleans again with not feeling 100%. Back squat warmups felt really light but once I got to 112.5kg it got tough, belt falling off didn't help luckily I had just broke past sticking point when it did. Barely got the 116kg but I'll take what I can get at the moment. That one's for you Tom!

• Advertisement

Wednesday 24th August

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    1@68kg (belt from here)
    2xf@70kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    3@60kg
    1@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg (belt from here)
    1@95kg
    1@98kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@80kg
    5@85kg
    5@92.5kg
    3@100kg
    2@105kg
    1@110kg

Single Leg Deadlift
    4x8@10kg

Got stuck in work until 10 last night. Was wrecked all day today and fluey symptoms flared up to last week levels. Took some caffeine when I got to gym but didn't counteract it enough. Just didn't dip properly on first miss at 70kg. Got aggressive then and pulled the absolute bejaysus out of the second one that I missed it behind me. First time I lost a powersnatch behind. I was marked down for the 70kg given the height I pulled it. Stopped at 98kg on C&J because powercleans had gone american high school.

Maxing again in two weeks should go better then. I'm also missing Leinsters due to holidays but will be having a tapered testing before I go.

Advertisement