Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

howtomake wrote: »
    You could try some good old fashion crack? Pcp gives a good amount of strength too

I reckon a 2 to 1 crack pcp combo cocktail aught a do it. I'll either PR or break my hand or other extremities trying to knock down walls. I'll take the gamble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Half a bottle of gin on top and your "stack" is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

neg.

Friday 28th October

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2x2@64kg
    2x1@67kg
    2xf@71kg comic fails

Snatch Pulls
    3@75kg
    3x3@80kg

Press
    5@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@67.5kg
    2xf@70kg dang

Tired n stuff' Cut reps down on snatch and kept the session short as a result also because I'm going to max next week. Landed both 71kg but lulz occurred. First one I caught it quite far back and started coming up on the back of my heals was there for a full 5 seconds just sitting there trying to shift my weight forward but it just kept going backwards at like 1mm a second until I had to dump it. Landed 2nd one also but bounced out of it forward.

Press for curiosity sake. Not bad haven't been doing much in the way of pressing'esque movements lately after getting bored of benching. Dumbell presses are helping level out my left and right though. Failed at forehead height. Will keep pushing at the db presses and hopefully get 72.5kg in a while for 90%+ BW Press.

Monday 31st October

About 20-30 minutes of rolling around and stretching. I took a swig of fish oil afterwards. I am now bullet proof.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    3x1@50kg
    3x1@55kg
    2x1@60kg

Powerclean & PowerJerk
    3@70kg powerjerk because of slippy floor

Taaa taa taper..

Trained in the old country (Kildare). Tapering because I'm maxing on Wednesday and Friday. Well that's what Wayne told me I reckon he just didn't trust me to lift on my own when he isn't around. I'd start kick jerking and sumo deadlifting or something.

Taper was probably for the best though because I could feel the beer sweats coming on. Gonna have to cut down on all that malarky from now until the NI Open. Well try to anyway. It's the effort that counts isn't it? ...Guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Someone's a begging for a negging. Or maybe you like the attention?

token wrote: »
    I could feel the beer sweats coming on. Gonna have to booze as much as I can to get the calories in from now until the NI Open. Well try to anyway. It's the effort that counts isn't it? ...Guys?

Sure. Why not.

Someone's a begging for a negging. Or maybe you like the attention?

That's what my therapist says but what does she know

supposedly wrote: »
    Sure. Why not.

Listen here Wino you weren't any better than me on Saturday night!

Wednesday 2nd November

Max yo!

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    2@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@73kg
    1@76kg
    1xf@78kg
    1@78kg (+1kg PR)

Front Squat
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100kg (+5kg PR)
    1xf@103kg

Felt good on the snatches was smoking all the weights in the lead up. Missed first 78kg because I wasn't aggressive enough. My balls dropped then and I got the 2nd attempt. Well just about I tend to flair my legs a bit on max attempts because my legs are weak and still the limiter even on my snatch. Lost my footing a bit on right foot and my leg al most buckled in but I managed to save it. Wanted to go to 80kg then because I was good for it but Wayne being sensible told me to save it and stay hungry for competition in 4 weeks.

Even managed a PR on my nemesis the front squat. I don't know yet If I'll put the video up as the Chinese might get wind and send a team of assassins to take me out on the chance I entered their gene pool and would ruin their future medal hopes. Ugly as Sin.

• Advertisement

I don't know yet If I'll put the video up because Supposedly will laugh at me.

Hahaha :P

And well done on the pr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Great stuff!

See now all the 'positive' attention you are getting now:)

See now all the 'positive' attention you are getting now:)

So all I have to do is PR every night and I'll be emo free! Simples

So all I have to do is PR every night and I'll be emo free! Simples
    You'll have to start doing weird random lifts so that everytime you lift, it'll be a pr. Your training log will look like this:

The one handed behind the neck, burpee boxjump pullup jerk.
    The blindfolded plyometric benchpress.
    The trampoline double barbell snatch...
    and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

supposedly wrote: »
    You'll have to start doing weird random lifts so that everytime you lift, it'll be a pr. Your training log will look like this:

The one handed behind the neck, burpee boxjump pullup jerk.
    The blindfolded plyometric benchpress.
    The trampoline double barbell snatch...
    and so on

no sure he's finished with crossfit for ages now...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

How's your cut coming along?

Frogdog wrote: »
    How's your cut coming along?

Cuts are for gays*

*4 days before comp

Friday 4th November

Max night 2 yo!

Powerclean & Jerk
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@94kg
    1@98kg
    1@101kg(+1kg PR)

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    2@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@110kg
    1@117kg (+2kg PR)
    1@120kg (+5kg PR)

98kg was a bit all over the shop even on the jerk so got nervous on the 101kg but apart from my usual american high school powercleans at max weight I stuck it. The jerk felt easy much lighter than a few months ago. I'll probably go 103kg on my 2nd attempt in NI and 105kg on 3rd after getting an opener in.

Back squats felt really good 110kg was about as Chinese as I'm ever going to get. 120kg was a different story it was even uglier than my 100kg front squat. A few war cries were needed to help me grind it out. Still 5kg PR and finally a nicer looking number so I'm happy. My camera man was off gallivanting on the town instead of training so I didn't get these ones on video.

I also got some knee sleeves finally after asking about it on the main forum. Had them on both PR nights and while most say they don't get anything out of them I definitely am. The only problem now is I have no more aides* to help me that are legal in competition :pac:

*Not the aids you are thinking of Dead Ed

I have no more aides* to help me that are legal in competition :pac:
    You're not allowed aides anyway, you need to lift the weight without the help of manservants.

Nice lifting though fatso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

101/103/105 = a lot of sand in your lady parts.

• Advertisement

I declare a ban on all Token negging for a minimum of 3 days in celebration of him getting all those amazing prs. He's clearly been eating something and I have it on good authority he didn't end up wasted in a ditch last night. Well done dude!

Molly wrote: »
    101/103/105 = a lot of sand in your lady parts.

haha, I'm not going to open at 101! something I'll definitely get like 97kg maybe then go for PR. My legs are so gimped I can't even catch a deep powerclean yet so I high school them up high and can't make big weight jumps on it.

I'll add this footnote while I'm on the topic; I'll never full clean I'm too f*cked. You'll understand when I put up the front squat video. I'll be going old school with the split clean in a year or two when I top out my powerclean.

Hah, I must have misread :D Explain the inability to clean.

Hah, I must have misread :D Explain the inability to clean.

Strong pull, weak legs and inability to stay upright on squats. All equal me always out power cleaning my full clean. I reckon on a good day I could powerclean 105kg I had a good day when I front squatted 100kg the other night. I'll eventually be able to front squat more but it'll always be ugly and not far enough ahead of my powers. So enter the split clean when my powerclean tops out. I don't mind I love the split lifts, split snatch is especially class.

If you don't fix it the same thing will surely happen with your snatches as well and you'll just end up splitting them right?

If you don't fix it the same thing will surely happen with your snatches as well and you'll just end up splitting them right?

Wayne said I'd be able to split snatch more as well actually. It's not like I'm ignoring it my training looks like anyone else's I still have to suffer through cleans despite hating doing them and I do loads of squats. When I eventually start split cleaning which is still a ways off I would mostly likely only do them in lead up to competition and not all the time.

Monday 7th November

Ra Ra Recovery

I need to max more often you get to taper, go for maxes which are fun then another handy session to wrap it up. Haven't had to suffer through triples in well over a week.

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    5x1@63kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@70kg
    6x1@80kg

Base Ball Swings
    3x8 at various weights, basically do a baseball swing type motion from pulley thing (I don't know the proper name?) I liked it. Gonna have jacked obliques yo!

Played around a bit with a few things on powerclean. Tighter grip, keep bar closer and get hips in more. Also work on catching it a bit deeper hoping it will carry over to max attempts. Which I'll be doing this Saturday at the postponed halloween powerclean comp in Ironside. The plan if I'm feeling good is 94,98,102,104 attempts.

In other news 'Project Strong' which I renamed after thinking 'Project Less Useless' was a bit too emo has been moved forward from January to starting on Wednesday. Olympic lifting is about to go all powerlifting'esque with partials in racks and what not. Should be interesting don't know the full details yet.

The general idea though is I have good technique so I don't need to work on that so much. Strength is my limiter so a lot of heavy overloaded partial work and from Janurary I'll be doing isometric stuff too. Old School. I'll be having hypertrophy & conditioning phases in the future too. Should make for more interesting reading than endless snatch, c&j, squat.

You filthy heathen!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    You filthy heathen!

I'm going to dedicate my new program to Mark Rippetoe. Not trying to get strong or anything :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm going to dedicate my new program to Mark Rippetoe. Not trying to get strong or anything :pac:

you are not doing the program and are therefore a pussy. If you do not do three sets of five you will grow tits and die. if you don't have a gun and listen to "chicago" you are a communist. You will not illicit the appropriate hormonal response and therefore adaptation will not occur in a manner by which you will end up weighing 200lbs. You will therefore not be an adult male or 70s big. Therefore. blablabla libertarianism, Doug Young.

Advertisement