Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I'm hoping to be there tomorrow night to witness this first hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Frogdog wrote: »
    I'm hoping to be there tomorrow night to witness this first hand!

I'll be nervous now with the King of Kerry looking on

Wednesday 29th June

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    1@67kg
    1@70kg
    1@72kg
    1@73kg (+1kg PR)
    1@74kg fail
    1@74kg (+2kg PR)

Powerclean & Jerk
    warmup with full cleans then...
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg (belt from here)
    1@100kg fail on jerk
    1@100kg fail on jerk

Powerclean & Multiple Jerk
    pc + 3 jerks @ 83kg
    pc + 2 jerks @ 87kg
    pc + 2 jerks @ 91kg

Back Squats
    3x3@73kg
    1x3@80kg
    1x3@85kg
    1x3@90kg
    1x3@95kg (belt)

Yeaaaah boyyyy! Monday nights training session can go **** itself. Ship is back on course. Snatches were good. I thought I had the first one @ 74kg but as I was coming out of the squat I started to lean forward and I slowly slowly started losing it. The second snatch at 74kg I almost did the same thing but there was no way I was missing that one. Needed to take a bit of walk with it to keep it from going forward but got it in the end.

I had the first jerk at 100kg locked out but my footwork was all over the place and I lost my balance and dropped it. Second jerk was no where close. Wayne had me drill multiple heavy jerks in a row then as he said I wasn't launching my hips into 100kg jerks. These were a lot better the 2nd jerk @ 91kg felt much heavier than the 100kg I missed but I stuck it.

Squats felt good too just a pity I can't maintain an upright posture on them.

I've decided what I want my targets to be for Edenderry even though it's still a month out. 72/76/80 on Snatch and 95/100/103 on C&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Good for you, I do believe were quite a few good vibes going on in ECB this week. Ah I'm just learning the highs and lows of Oly lifting, what an emotional ride.

I should have turned up!

• Advertisement

I should have turned up!

Wayne says you were on a bender all weekend.

Thursday 30th June

Bench 3RM
    60,70,80,82.5(2), then 60kgx17

Pendlay Rows
    8@50kg
    4x8@60kg

DB Inc Bench
    3x12@15kg

DB Curl
    3x12@15kg

Sled Pulls
    3 forwards, 3 backwards @ 25kg

Al most got the triple @ 82.5kg decided to rep out 60kg then. Somehow I don't think the NFL draft are gonna be calling me this year :pac:

Arse forgot to do my core stuff. No abz for me.

Monday 4th July

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    1@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    3x1@68kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    3@70kg
    1@75kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@93kg failed powerclean
    1@93kg failed jerk, no clips and weights moved to end of bar
    2x1@93kg

Back Squat 1RM
    5@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg (belt from here)
    1@100kg
    1@105kg
    1@110kg
    1@112kg fail

Kind of an odd session. Food and sleep were terrible over the weekend and I was wrecked but I hadn't lifted weights since Thursday or cycled since Friday so my legs felt reallllllly fresh after the battering they having been getting for the past month plus.

Snatches felt pretty piss with fresh legs and I didn't miss any. They lack of sleep and food stared to take over then though on the powerclean & jerks. Missed first powerclean @ 93kg and had to really go after the rest of them. Failed the jerk then only because weights started sliding off the bar without clips. Put in enough effort to make the 2 singles then @ 93kg which was the goal of the evening.

Squats felt really good then again with legs still fresh but lack of energy took over when it got heavy. First time doing 1RM on high bar A2G squat though and happy with the 110kg. It's mad how far it's off my old 132.5kg powerlifting style back squat but then again I don't have any quads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

token wrote: »
    It's mad how far it's off my old 132.5kg powerlifting style back squat but then again I don't have any quads.

I die a little inside everytime i squat these days.

I die a little inside everytime i squat these days.

Yeah it's well gay. It's gonna be ****ing ages before I can get excited about squats again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Yeah it's well gay. It's gonna be ****ing ages before I can get excited about squats again.

I was saying at training yesterday that i basically won't PR again for about 2 years. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

They are different exercises chap.
    Just tell yourself that and kick some ass.
    As much as people try to make out they are the same, they just aren't.

Wednesday 6th July

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@55kg
    1@60kg
    3x1@65kg

Powerclean and Jerk
    1@70kg
    1@75kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    2x1@90kg

Rack Jerk
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100 (belt from here)
    1@105kg
    1@107.5kg (2.5kg PR)

3x8 Single Leg RDL

Snatches weren't as good as Monday. Took 4 attempts to get the 3 singles @ 65kg. I know why though I spent 40 minutes stretching and rolling on Sunday then felt great on Monday. I was late to training today and skipped stretching and did not feel comfortable in the bottom position.

Powerclean and jerks were better than Monday though. My rack jerks were fkin' deadly. I wasn't feeling overly fresh but I was nailing the technique and really launching into the bar and getting under it really quick. Nice little PR. My back squat and my rack jerk are practically the same now. Holy ratios batman!

Thursday 7th July

Bench
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    3@70kg
    5x5@77.5kg

Pendlay Row
    1x8@50kg
    4x8@60kg

Sprints
    7x20m, fastest 3.23 which ties PR

KORE
    3-way plank, 30sec each side, 50kg on straight plank
    3x30 Seated Russian Twists @ 20kg

DB KURLZ
    3x8@17.5kg

Bench PR there gonna give 80kg a bash next week. Time to up the weight on Pendlay Rows they are pretty easy now. Weighed in at 81kg on scales tonight. I'm planning on competing at 77kg for comp coming up though so starting paleo/lowcarb from Monday. Never had to cut before so I'm guessing I'll have to drop about 2kg fat and 2kg water weight?

Sunday 10th July

Was too tired/mildly hungover to train on Saturday. Trained today instead but wasn't much use.

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    2x4@100kg

Chinups
    3x8

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg

Hmm yeah I trained at home and didn't have belt or spotters so skipped worksets on squats (translation...sand everywhere)

Monday 11th July

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    1@68kg
    1xf@71kg gay
    1@71kg
    3xf@71kg gay

Powerclean & Jerk
    2x1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    2x1@95kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    2@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg(belt from here)
    1@105kg
    1@110kg
    1@115kg (PR +5kg)

Apart from the snatches it was a good night. They felt fine until I missed the first 71kg which was a touch out in front. The 71kg I got felt pretty piss but then I missed 3 times in a row after that. Barry said I'm coming up on my toes which is leaving the bar out in front of me. Then I stayed on my heels and missed it behind me. Barry said the bar path was perfect but I jumped forward to try save it when there was no need. That explains why I start missing at 70kg plus. I reckon getting rid of these do wins with their massive heel and getting some ironwork lifting shoes should help prevent that a good bit without doing anything myself.

Nice 5kg PR on Back Squat. Only 20kg to go to PR it over my powerlifting squats now :pac:

Wednesday 6th July

Snatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@55kg
    2x1@60kg

Powerclean and Jerk
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    2x1@90kg

Rack Jerk
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100 (belt from here)
    2x1@105kg

Single Leg RDL
    3x8

Snatches and C&J pretty routine at those weights. Jerks didn't feel very good tonight but still hit 105kg so happy with that. First one was a touch ropey so I repeated it and the second one was pretty solid.

Weight down from 81kg, well 83kg if you count immediately after eating a Chinese and a tub of ben and jerrys last friday night to 79.7kg tonight :pac:

Thursday 14th July

Press
    5@40
    2@50
    1@62.5
    1@67.5(+2.5kg PR)
    1@70kg(+5kg PR)
    1xf@72.5kg

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    5,5,5,4,3@80kg

Pendlay Row
    1x6@50kg
    1x6@60kg
    4x6@70kg

KORE
    3-way plank, 30sec each side, 50kg on straight plank
    3x30 Seated Russian Twists @ 20kg

Sprints
    A bunch by 20m, nearly all ****ing ****e, best was 3.27.

Really happy with that 70kg press as I've wanted it for ages despite never training it (and still not) Benching and Jerks ftw. Benching for the raw pressing strength and the Jerks really help being solid on the setup as I'm used to supporting a ton more weight in the rack position. Plus the speed that jerks develop. The 70kg was nippy too very little slow down I thought I'd get 72.5kg after it but didn't get it going at all.

Benching was tough after the pressing I'll get the 5x5 @ 80kg no problem next time. Dave was making fun of my ridiculously excessive range of motion afterwards and demonstrated super arching to me. I'll have to get the hang of that.

Saturday 16th July

Powersnatch
    3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@55kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1xf@70kg
    1@70kg (+4kg PR)
    1xf@72.5kg
    1@72.5kg (+6.5kg PR)

Clean Pulls
    4x5@100kg

Chinups

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5x5@90kg

PR's are fun. I'm gonna keep testing lifts I haven't tested in ages so I feel great about myself. Split snatch week after comp! I haven't tested deadlift in ages too so I might give that a go at some stage also.

I shouldn't have missed the first powersnatch at 70kg. The 5kg jump caught me unaware. The next 70kg was solid. Should have got the first 72.5kg too but was a touch forward and couldn't save it. The second 72.5kg required maximum effort but it was pretty solid.

Bodyweight was 78.1kg this morning. Jaysis way ahead of schedule. I'll eat decently on Sunday so I feel good for hitting openers and 110kg squat on Monday then start dropping again. Wednesday is just warmups. Comp on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

You're cut seems to be going as well as mine! Some psyllium husk will probably send you over the edge :p

• Advertisement

Monday 18th July

Felt like absolute ass today. My own fault though. A few drinks on Saturday turned into a few many so felt rubbish all day yesterday and then my body clock was all out of whack so I got shag all sleep last night as well. Not eating enough to counteract that kind of carry on at the moment.

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    1xf@68kg
    1@68kg
    1@70kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    3@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1xf@95kg
    1@95kg

Squat
    5@60kg
    3@70kg
    2@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@105kg

Was meant to do 72kg on snatches but they were ****e so left it at 70kg. Powercleans were rubbish too lucky to get the 95kg. Squats meant to go to 110kg but the way things had been going I decided to stop at 105kg.

Still opening at 72/95. I'll feel much better on Saturday more recovered and rammed full of caffeine and competition adrenalin.

How does it feel to get your own dose of tough love? :D

How does it feel to get your own dose of tough love? :D

I like it rough.

Wednesday 20th July

Taperin' like a mofo and hitting 80% like it aint no thang. Felt x10 better tonight than I did on Monday. Feeling good again about Saturday.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@45kg
    2@50kg
    2@55kg
    4x1@60kg, did 4 because I powersnatched one of them

Clean&Jerk
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    3x1@80kg

And that was it. The offical weighing machine for the comp was in ECB tonight I was 78.95kg on it and 78.7kg on the scales I usually use. Gonna be a lean next two days to make the weight.

Turn the heating on and close the windows! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Good luck you two and kill it off, grr!!

Saturday 23th July

Edenderry WL Comp

First time cutting and I waaaay overdid it. I was 79kg on Wednesday night and weighed in at 74.22kg this morning. I was literally shocked when I saw the weight the scales. Wayne was there too and said he was going to burst me for being that low haha :pac: I knew I'd be under because I cut pretty hard but holy ****. I won't be making that mistake again. Better to make it now than trying it first time at a bigger comp at least. Any ways despite my best attempts to sabotage myself I had a pretty good day.

Snatch
    70,74,76(+2kg PR)

Clean&Jerk
    95, 100x, 100(+4kg PR)

Even though my warmups were going well on Snatch I decided to play it safe and open at 70kg instead of 72kg. It was pretty solid as was the 74. I could feel my right arm starting to buckle on the 76kg but I pressed up hard and managed to not let the weight go forward and I made the lift. 2KG PR, success.

Powerclean @ 95kg was good. Jerk quite wobbly where I've been sticking them all in training lately. The second powerclean @ 100kg was a touch ugly but not the worst I've done. I had nothing on the jerk though and failed it badly. I could feel the effects of over cutting very much so on the C&J's. The 3rd powerclean @ 100kg was absolutely ****ing brutal looking. Think American high school powerclean. The weight felt heavy sitting on my shoulders but I just about managed to get the jerk. A kilo heavier and I would have missed it. Good 4kg PR though!

Leinsters coming up in six weeks now. ****ing up cutting is one thing I won't be doing again that's for sure. Other things to work on are to stop doing ugly powercleans. It happens when I'm right at my maximum. I'm going to make special attention to catch all my powercleans even light ones in a quarter squat from now on. The main reason I do it though of course is because my legs are still piss weak. So continued focus on squatting. One day..oh one day it will pay off.

LEGS Y U NO STRONG!!??!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Cos U no feed.

Quad graft? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Cos U no feed.

I had to threaten him with violence to get him to finish his post weigh in food!

Advertisement