Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Dead Ed wrote: »
    you are not doing the program and are therefore a pussy. If you do not do three sets of five you will grow tits and die. if you don't have a gun and listen to "chicago" you are a communist. You will not illicit the appropriate hormonal response and therefore adaptation will not occur in a manner by which you will end up weighing 200lbs. You will therefore not be an adult male or 70s big. Therefore. blablabla libertarianism, doug young.

Haha you left out Scottish Whiskey but I like! Also if you partake in gymnastics with a barbell you should do deadlifts to improve your first pull and stare at the ground low bar back squats for leg strength. Positional strength is illogical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

I left out Heinlein and that roided up emo henry rollins too

I'd have remembered them if I'd just do the damn program and drink the damn milk.

Wednesday 9th November

Snatch
    3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2@60kg
    6x2@65kg

Quarter Squats (in rack off pins)
    3@70kg
    2@100kg
    1@130kg
    1@140kg
    1@150kg
    1@160kg
    1xf@170kg
    1@170kg

Spiderman Plyos
    5x5

These are the best and most hilarious exercise ever. A textual description would do no justice I'll take a vid of them on Saturday.

Press
    5@40kg
    3@50kg
    3@55kg
    3@57kg
    3@60kg

"Easy" snatches to keep some speed and technique. Myself & Wayne have different definitions of easy I think but they were alright. The Mountainous Strain of African Aids I had have fully left me now and I can actually lift half decent again.

Not sure how much I'm moving on the quarter squats about 6 inches maybe. If anyone is thinking 170kg sounds reasonable I've seen Wayne do 360kg on it.

Some plyometrics to get some speed going again after heavy rack squats. I don't know if there is a real name for the thing I was doing 'spiderman plyos' seemed an apt name. They are hilarious.

Was meant to do heavy clean pulls from blocks then but left them out this session.

That's the general idea though some technique maintenance then really heavy partials and plyometrics. Max strength, max speed. Good buzz.

Saturday 12th November

ECB/Ironside Powerclean Comp

Weighin: 79.0kg omg I'm so fat

4 Attempts

94kg
    98kg
    102kg (+1kg PR)
    103kg (+2kg PR)

Felt strong today but ugggh do not eat mcdonalds 40 minutes before you have to weightlift. Good for powerlifting but makes you as slow as **** on the Olympic lifts. I didn't have much speed at all. Powercleans were brutal, as well as PR'ing I surpassed my previous ugly powerclean bests also. They were like Splot Powercleans instead of my usual American high school powercleans. **** it a PR is a PR. My new training program is primarily aimed at strengthing my quarter squats so I'll be able to catch heavy powercleans properly and not spazz out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

token wrote: »
    I surpassed my previous ugly powerclean bests also. They were like Splot Powercleans instead of my usual American high school powercleans.

I'd call them SPF squat cleans! Good work dude, there was no way you were missing those. Should have put 200kg on the bar and told you it was 103kg and I reckon you'd still have got it!

supposedly wrote: »
    I'd call them SPF squat cleans! Good work dude, there was no way you were missing those. Should have put 200kg on the bar and told you it was 103kg and I reckon you'd still have got it!

Damn, does that mean I have to become a good god fearing Christian who donates to his church to get red lights changed to white?

Damn, does that mean I have to become a good god fearing Christian who donates to his church to get red lights changed to white?

Powerlifting jesus changes red lights into white

You won the comp, right? I mean, for style, there's no doubt it was yours! ;)

Monday 14th November

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    3x1@65kg
    3x1@69kg failed the last two

Block Can I call this a block or did IP copyright that?
    3 rounds /w 60s rest
    3xFront Squat from pins (quarter fsquat) up to 130kg
    3xhurdle jumps
    3xsquat jumps @ 25kg

Clean pulls from below the knees
    4x3@105kg

Bit sluggish after the weekend. I moderated the drink intake but was still up till 4:30am on Saturday. Just a lack of concentration on the snatch misses they felt alright.

Wayne says he usually does full squats on the circuit thing but since I'm special and powerclean in comps I'm working on strengthening just that position. He also usually does 5 rounds but since I'm close to competition just 3. Which is a good thing too because my conditioning is shot haha, crossfit I take all those bad things I said about you back :pac:

First time using blocks on cleans. Felt a bit weird but I got the hang of them by the last set.

• Advertisement

crossfit I take all those bad things I said about you back :pac:
    Heavy deads RX+ in the morning then bro!

Wednesday 16th November

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    5x1@60kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    1@70kg
    6x1@80kg

Front squat
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@73kg
    3@76kg
    3@79kg
    3@82kg

Press
    5@40kg
    4x5@50kg

Fairly standard and handy enough tonight. Probably so I have some energy for all the **** I have to do this Friday.

Friday 18th November

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    2@60kg
    4x2@66kg failed one

3@70kg
    2@100kg
    2@130kg
    1@150kg
    1@160kg
    1@170kg
    1xf@180kg

Spiderman Plyos
    5x3

Rack Jerk
    2x1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@105kg took 3 attempts, ffs

Was all slow n ****' tonight snatches were icky, rack jerks were awful. I wasn't leaving without getting 105kg though or I'd be back to full on emo logging. 170kg went up a good bit easier than previous week on the quarter squats so I got cocky and went for 180kg. It didn't budge one bit should have went to 175kg.

Went out for recovery pints then

Saturday 19th November

I was bollixed and didn't want to train but Dead Ed, Supposedly, Frogdog, L and TCB were training in ECB so I felt compelled to do something.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    1@67kg
    1@70kg
    1xf@73kg :|
    1xf@74kg :/
    1xf@75kg :(

Nearly f*cked up my elbow trying to save the 75kg. I was lifting at the front of the platform and eventually had to drop it before I ran into the wall.

Then a bit of benchin', split snatching, and getting negged about my dysfunctions.

EDIT: Spiderman Plyos, lulz?

Had trouble getting takes without wardrobe malfunctions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

They're class looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

They do look savage

Somebody bring a band to the beers next weekend....this is gonna be epic...

1 shot/1 spiderman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

They do look savage

Somebody bring a band to the beers next weekend....this is gonna be epic...

1 shot/1 spiderman

I'll bring a band

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Nicely edited Token! :D

Frogdog wrote: »
    Nicely edited Token! :D

I'm sacking you as my camera man. I don't need long lead ins, zooming in and out for dramatic effect, commentary or pre and post interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

It was more in reference to you pulling up your pants! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Ya mean exposing his glutes?

• Advertisement

howtomake wrote: »
    Ya mean exposing his glutes?

If I left that in people would have to sign into youtube to view the video for its mature and sexy content.

There's lots I could say to this^^^^, but I'll leave it.
    128714571667208399.jpg

Monday 21st November

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    5x1@60kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    2x1@60kg
    1@70kg
    1@80kg
    4x1@88kg

Front squat
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    2@75kg
    2x2@80kg
    2@85kg
    2@90kg

Press
    5@40kg
    3@50kg
    4x3@55kg

Was bollixed again so I did my power day.

Mirin' my calves brah? :pac: I can't even keep a straight face saying that.

Anyway there's my boootiiful front squat 1RM. A band of warriors have been dispatched from Shanghai to rid me from the gene pool :(

You finally front squat more than I do. Well done!

supposedly wrote: »
    You finally front squat more than I do. Well done!

I don't know if that makes me more or less likely to jump off a cliff :o

24th November 2011

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@60kg
    2x1@64kg
    2x1@68kg
    2x1@72kg 3 attempts

Block
    4 rounds /w 60s rest
    3xFront Squat from pins (quarter fsquat) 100kg,115kg,130kg,130kg
    3xhurdle jumps
    3xsquat jumps @ 30kg

Clean pulls from above the knees
    3@108kg
    3@113kg
    3@118kg
    3@123kg

I think there is a bit of a case of white men can't jump on the squat jumps. I can usually tell by Waynes demeanour if I'm good or bad at something and looks like I'm bad at squat jumps :( damnit!

On a positive looks like I'm good at clean pulls from above the knees though. They were total piss. Could have kept loading on more weight for another few sets if I wanted.

24th November 2011

I can usually tell by Waynes demeanour if I'm good or bad at something and looks like I'm bad at squat jumps :( damnit!

HA! I know exactly what you mean, I could always tell if I did something well or not. Besides you can't be good at everything ya know.

Friday 25th November

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg failed one WHUT??
    1@60kg
    1@64kg
    4x1@68kg

3@100kg
    2@120kg
    1@140kg
    1@150kg
    1@160kg
    1@170kg
    1@175kg
    1xf@180kg

Spiderman Plyos
    5x3
    2x2 showing people spiderman plyos

Rack Jerk
    3@60kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100kg
    1@105kg
    1@110kg tf, pressed out like a boss
    1@110kg (2.5kg PR)

Whoop whoop got 110kg Rack Jerk when I came into training bollixed and at the tail end of 90min training session. Reckon I got 115kg in me fresh I'll find out once these comps are out of the way. Frogdog has the video, if he gets around to sending me it I'll put up the video tomorrow. I have it on my phone too but it's a bit blurry.

Nearly more impressed that I managed to press out 110kg tbh, like a bauss!

EDIT: I'd be waiting an eternity for Frogdog to send the video so here's the blurry one

Monday 28th November

Went a bit herp derp on Saturday night. I had a self imposed 4 drink limit but ended up having 7. That's not so bad on it's own but it was enough to activate the stupid gene. I decided I wasn't getting a taxi after a house party at my friends gaff and I started walking home. That lasted all of about 2 or 3 minutes because walking is boring as f*ck so I ran the rest of the way home. I looked it up the next day at it was 4km. I haven't ran in about a half a year so when I woke up and my calves were destroyed. I've been hobbling around the last two days. Lulz :rolleyes:

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2@50kg
    1@55kg
    1@62kg
    1@67kg
    1xf@71kg
    1@73kg
    2xf@75kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    2x1@60kg
    1@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg

That's all, tapering has begun. I was a bit out of the groove on the snatches after being a tool over the weekend but the weights were feeling pretty light. Clipped my knees on the first 75kg, then over pulled the second one probably could have powersnatched it. So confidence remains intact. I'm probably going to open at 75kg. I'll probably open at 95kg or maybe a little more on the C&J.

Bodyweight tonight 80.7kg. Which is spot on I think. Eating paleo the rest of the week brah. The plan is eat clean but get lots of quantity in, basically don't go hungry. The only time I plan to feel hungry is the morning of the weigh-in from skipping breakfast. I'll start cutting the fluids on the Friday.

Here's the snatch that al most never was.. from a few weeks back

Go go gadget legs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

What in ****s name was your right leg at there?

Advertisement