Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

token wrote: »
    I'm off to Amsterdamage for the weekend so it will probably be Wednesday before I train again or at least do anything worth while.

Do the GPC have a weightlifting class :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Wednesday 1st June
    I'm off to Amsterdamage for the weekend so it will probably be Wednesday before I train again or at least do anything worth while.

Again? Are you a courier or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Wednesday 8th June

Snatch
    2x3@50kg missed one of these
    2x3@54kg
    3x3@57kg

Powercleans
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg
    3x3@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x2@65kg
    2x2@70kg
    2x2@75kg

Bah, about as bad as the day I trained after doing the Wicklow Roar. No power at all. Everything felt heavy. Skipped jerks after cleans and did doubles on front squats instead of triples.

EDIT: Also did 4x8 Single leg RDLs

Should at last get a run at my full programme from this Monday. Do not get ****ing smashed this Saturday night...repeat after me...

Do not get ****ing smashed this Saturday night...repeat after me...

**** it. Had 5 pints out with work on Thursday night and another 4 last night. That wasn't so bad but my flatmate brought back half the pub just after I had gone to bed and I hadn't thought to invest in ear plugs so I got shag all sleep. Like the walking dead this morning in training.

Saturday 11th June

Powersnatch
    2x3@45kg
    2x3@50kg
    3x3@53kg

Clean & Jerk
    only jerk on first rep
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@65kg
    3x3@68kg failed 3rd rep on second set because I was feeling sorry for myself

Snatch Pull
    3x3@65kg
    3x3@72kg

Back Squat
    2x5@72kg
    1x5@80kg
    1x5@85kg (belt from here)
    1x5@90kg
    1x4@90kg

Bench
    5x4@75kg

Cleans and squats were a grind. 4th rep was touch and go on all bench sets but managed to get them all. Imma about to collapse right now. I'm going to bed for 2 hours now and then I'm going out again where I will most likely get FR drunk. **** it.

..then I'm going out again where I will most likely get FR drunk. **** it.

I may have set a lifetime PR here. Certainly a seasons best.

Monday 13th June

Snatch
    1x3@50kg
    2x3@57kg
    1x2@61kg
    1@64kg
    1@72kg fail
    1@72kg 1kg PR
    1@75kg fail
    1@75kg fail
    1@75kg fail

Powerclean and Jerks
    only jerked first rep
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg
    1x3@80kg
    2x2@85kg

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@70kg
    1x3@75kg
    2x2@80kg

Hah, best night I've had on new program after being absolutely twisted on Saturday night. Missed the first 75kg snatch forward. I landed the 2nd one but it was slightly out of position and I couldn't rescue it. Was losing power on the 3rd one so I gave up then. Very promising though. Based on that 80kg might be possible at comp end of next month.

Jerks were piece of piss too.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 14th June

Sprint Session

Went down for my first sprint session at Ironside. Good stuff. I like sprinting. Always had a casual interest in sprinting and weightlifting when it was on TV as a kid.

Anyways did a bunch of drills, three all out timed sprints, some start technique work on start position and some plyometric stuff. Oh and then some interval sprinting stuff which left me out of breath. Which is an odd sensation to me these days.

My fastest one was 3.23 which tied 10th but isn't good enough for the leaderboard as I got it after the other two guys got it first. I should knock a bit off the next time I do it though as we did the start technique afterwards and I was much faster off the start after getting shown the proper technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

Definitely breaking into the 3.1's next time from what I saw. You were losing a tenth just getting going.

Wednesday 15th June

Powersnatch
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@53kg
    1x2@55kg
    2x1@58kg

Clean & Jerk
    only jerk on first rep
    2x3@68kg
    2x3@72kg
    1@77kg
    1@85kg (belt from here)
    1xF@90kg FUUUUU

Snatch Pull
    3x3@65kg
    3x3@72kg

Back Squat
    3x3@73kg
    1x3@80kg
    1x3@85kg
    1x3@90kg (belt from here)
    1x3@95kg

Another pretty good session apart from missing 90kg clean. It should have been fine after the 85kg being comfortable enough but I ended up getting pinned in the squat by it. FUUU stupid legs. I didn't bother going for it again as my legs are wrecked after training Mon/Tues. I've got another go at it in two weeks where I would expect to get it or else Imma jump off a bridge for not being able to squat clean a weight 10kg under my powerclean :mad:

Thursday 16th June

Bench 1RM
    70,80,85,90(f),87.5,90,92.5(f)

Incline DB Bench
    4x8@15kg

Pendlay Row
    8@40kg
    8@50kg
    4x8@60kg

KORE
    3-way Plank 30s each side, 35kg on straight part
    seated russian twists 3x30 @ 15kg plate
    7,6,6 barbell rollouts, found these harder than ab wheel or dumbell rollouts

JM Press
    4x6@30kg

Happy with the benching considering it's just a test to get a bench program. Once I get going 100kg should fall pretty quick. I wrestled with the first 90kg for a good 5 seconds but just could not get through sticking point. Dave saw it and told me a few things I was doing wrong and then I nailed 87.5kg and got 90kg pretty good too with a bit of slow down on the lockout. Went for 92.5kg then but I was spent.

Rest of session wasn't too serious. I skipped sled pulls because my legs are ****ed from mon,tues,wed coupled with the cycling.

Saturday 19th June

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    2x4@100kg

Rack Jerk 1RM
    80,90,95,100,105(F), 105 (PR +9kg)

Push Press 1RM
    70,80,85,90,95(f)

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@85kg
    3x5@90kg
    2x4@90kg

4x8 Single Leg RDLs

Clean pulls felt really light doing them first. Decided then to get one rep max Jerk from rack and one rep max push press. Missed first attempt @ 105 because I was a bitch. Video of the successful 105kg below. Felt good. Should be good for 110kg pretty soon. I didn't think I'd manage 90kg on push press so v.happy with that. It will be boss when I get 100kg on it.

Took of a video of my squats too if anyone wanted to know why I'm not a better weightlifter :( Maybe some day I'll be good at them. Oh and yeah my training partner is a dick.

Drank a load on Saturday night too so if I go on last weeks experience I should have another good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Just realised there was another ECB'er on here (well sometimes it seems).

howtomake wrote: »
    Just realised there was another ECB'er on here (well sometimes it seems).

Hey! Yep I'm a bit of a gym whore currently to get my fix. I like to train a lot but travelling out to Bray x4 a week would be a pain. What days do you train there?

Hey! Yep I'm a bit of a gym whore currently to get my fix. I like to train a lot but travelling out to Bray x4 a week would be a pain. What days do you train there?

Yeah tell me about it, the hour long bus journey is just torture. I'm limited to Tuesdays and Fridays, get there late and I'm always the last to leave, lucky Wayne. I've only been going there for less than 2 months though.

Peace!

Monday 20th June

Snatch
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@54kg
    3x3@57kg

Powerclean & Jerk
    Only Jerk on first rep
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg
    3x3@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg

Single Leg RDL
    3x8

Average session. I obviously didn't get drunk enough this weekend :rolleyes: Legs were still drained after Saturdays session. Looking back I did quite a lot of volume that day. Speed was really good though just tough coming up out of the squat on the snatches. Powerclean&Jerks were snappy without the squatting requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I told Colum he should try split like you when he jerks.

Just thought you should know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

d'Oracle wrote: »

You said wuss out of the press and get under it like Eamonn wusses out!

d'Oracle wrote: »

columok wrote: »
    You said wuss out of the press and get under it like Eamonn wusses out!

Gotta drop it like it's hot!

Tuesday 21st June

Sprint Session

Fastest one today was only 3.34. Debauchery PR week has truly ended. I think the primary reason is I've started using the proper start position now and it feels a bit unnatural currently but shouldn't take long before it's second nature.

Wednesday 22nd June

Powersnatch
    2x3@45kg
    2x3@50kg
    3x3@53kg

Clean & Jerk
    only jerk on first rep
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@65kg
    3x3@68kg

Snatch Pull
    3x3@65kg
    3x3@72kg

Back Squat
    2x5@73kg
    1x5@80kg
    1x5@85kg (belt from here)
    1x5@90kg
    1x4@90kg

Single Leg Swiss Ball Curl
    3x8

Had a ****ty nights sleep so today sucked balls. I was thinking of how great my taper week in 4 weeks will be for the whole session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

What comp are you tapering for?

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »
    What comp are you tapering for?

Edenderry Weightlifting Open 23/7/2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Do you have a calendar for the years competitions by any chance.

I was given one at the start of the year but all the dates got changed. I'll ask around and see if there's an updated one somewhere. The leinsters will be in September but I don't know the date and the Cork Open is the 15th or 16th October I think.

Thursday 21st June

Bench 5x5
    75kg

Max Dips

Pendlay Row/Dips
    8@40kg
    8@50kg
    4x8@60kg supersetted with 5x4 Dips

KORE
    3-way Plank x 30s, 40kg on straight plank
    3x30 seated russian twist @ 15kg plate
    1x8 rollouts

Superset
    JM Press
    3x8 @ 30kg
    Chins

My sticking points are gone and I'm feeling super functional*

*Trained with columok and d'Oracle.

Edenderry Weightlifting Open 23/7/2011
    Wayne mentioned that today.

Wayne mentioned that today.

Are you entering?

Saturday 25th June

Clean Pulls
    5@60kg
    5@80kg
    3x5@95kg
    2x4@100kg

Chinups

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    3x5@90kg (belt from here)
    2x4@90kg

Superset:
    3x8 db Curls@10kg
    3x8 Lat Raises@10kg

I didn't want to go to the gym as I was absolutely wrecked from training so far the past few weeks but only pussies skip training, so I trained.

Are you entering?

Oh hardly no, I can't even snatch half my body weight, don't know when I will with this pissy wrist. How many have you entered in before?

Oh hardly no, I can't even snatch half my body weight, don't know when I will with this pissy wrist. How many have you entered in before?

I did two last year for the laugh when I was doing crossfit. I've entered one this year so far which was about two months after switching from cf to weightlifting and starting to take it more seriously. I'm hoping to PR by a good bit in this one coming up.

• Advertisement

Monday 27th June

Snatch
    1x3@50kg
    1x3@57kg
    1@61kg
    1@65kg fail
    1@67kg
    1@70kg fail
    3x1@73kg fail
    2x1@72kg fail

Absolute ****ing **** monkeys

Powerclean & Jerk
    Only Jerk on first rep
    2x3@70kg
    1x3@75kg
    1x3@80kg
    2x2@85kg

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@70kg
    1x3@75kg
    1x2@80kg

Arghhhhh, I ****ing hate that lift sometimes. Now despite being hungover to bits yesterday and not eating any food, and then only getting 5 hours sleep I was still sure I'd PR. I should have too the pulls felt light but my brain wouldn't commit fully to getting under and as a result the bar was mostly either out in front or behind. Ah well I'm having another go on Wednesday should get it then with food and sleep.

Advertisement