Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

I hope you don't explode.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

token wrote: »
    Monday 9th May

Since the CFI Invitational is only 1 week after nationals I figure I'm only losing a week of training by doing it.

Cram Fitness Day 1

Run 400m to start
    5 rounds of:
    5 Squat Clean Thrusters @50kg
    7 Burpees
    Run 400m to finish

13:19

Taken from CFI site today. I did this in 11:42 as my last metcon about 10 weeks ago but I was sandbagging like crazy that day. Slow as hell today but all things considered i.e. not doing a metcon in 10 weeks it's not that bad really. I'm mostly just trying to get the shock to the system over with early this week so I don't completely die on Saturday.

158222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Tuesday 10th May

Cram Fitness Day 2

Warmup: 1 minute DU's

5 Minute Cindy
    5 Pullups
    10 Pushups
    15 Squats

4rds + 3 pullups

21-15-9
    kb swings @ 24kg
    burpees

5:25

Double unders still beyond piss. The Cindy was with strict chinups as can't kip on doorway bar. I should have done 3 reps a round though as they started to break down in round 4.

I can't remember my old times on the swings & burpees one but it was at least a full minute faster than todays.

I wasn't as gassed and feeling awful as I was yesterday. Adapting like a mofo. That's enough fitness cramming gonna sit on my hoop for the rest of the week now. Rhabdo risk on Saturday lowered to defcon 3.

Saturday 14th May

CFI Invitational

3 Rounds of:
    7 Deadlifts @ 140kg
    7 HandStand Push Ups

9:46

3 Rounds of:
    Run 400m
    7 Snatches @ 50kg

11 or 12 minutes

3 Rounds of:
    7 Clusters @ 45kg
    14 Burpee Box Jumps
    21 Pull Ups

2rds + 16 pullups in 15 minutes

I've lost my eliteness but nae too bad for an out of conditioned weightlifter. Surprised I got through the 140kg deadlifts as I havent deadlifted in 5 months and thats what I was using for triples then. It did get awful fugly though and I'm feeling it now. Hspu were easy.

Run was a gentle jog I did it wearing my lifting shoes as I hate snatching in runners due to ****ty calf flexbility. I was using the runs for recovery anyway so wasn't a big deal. Snatches were mostly good with holding on to the bar for a few reps at a time except the last round when it broke down to singles.

Went at a really slow pace on the last one as I knew it was an awful gasser of a metcon but it still got me by the third round and I was crawling along. Should have sucked it up just a little more though to finish it in time.

That's enough of that nonsense anyway back to lifting things next week. **** yo metcons.

Monday 16th May

Went down to ECB to try to loosen out a bit after Saturday. My lower back is in a state after roundbacking the **** out of those deads on Saturday. I stretched for 20-30 minutes, did lots of bar work. Then few light sets..

Snatch
    3x3@40kg

Back Squats
    3x5@60kg

Feel a bit less disabled now but I reckon I'll still be pretty useless on Wednesday. Should have new program to get started with on Monday in the run up to Leinsters in July.

I've moved up to Dublin now and I am now commuting to work on my trusty racer that has been gathering dust for the past 2 years. It's about 11-13k round trip depending on which route I take and it's about 45'ish minutes taking it handy enough. I'm taking it easy so I don't **** up my lifting. Treating it purely a mode of transportation as it's the quickest and easiest way to commute. Best not tell my WL coaches that I'll be now cycling 5 days a week when I'm a whole weight class underweight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Hey Token,

Leinsters have been moved to mid september '11.

GASMANN wrote: »
    Hey Token,

Leinsters have been moved to mid september '11.

Cheers. I prefer it this way as I now have enough time to add a decent amount to my total.

Wednesday 18th May

My back is still locked up so still arsing around. The cycling isn't helping recovery time as back is in rounded position during it.

Lot's of stretching & bar work then..

Snatch
    3x3@40kg

Bench
    3x5@70kg

I was gonna superset bench with chinups but my lats are still a bit raw after 60 kipping pulls up on Saturday after not doing them at all for the 3 months beforehand.

New program on Monday..I presume I'll be 100% by then.

Thursday 19th May

I'm now a member of Ironside as well as ECB. I'm a dirty dirty whore. Wayne is doing all my programming and he'll have me a new program on Monday. It will be 4 days a week with x2 ECB and x2 Ironside. WL is still the main focus but I'll be doing a lot of strength assistance to get swole etc.. see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72257771&postcount=1699 for further explanation.

Press:
    20x2x5
    40x5
    50x3
    60x1
    66xF
    60x1
    62.5x1

Double Band Press Out thingame.
    4x4

Appletini on Steroids Press
    Worked up to 45 or 50x4x3 each arm

Incline Bench
    20x5
    40x6
    50x3x6

Lat Raises
    10kgx3x8

Kurlov (Monolift Powerclean Interspersal)
    20x8
    30x4x8

I'm still on my working out aimlessly buzz so I just copied what columok did so copy and paste essentially from his log with some weight differences. Wasn't too far away from sneaky 1kg PR on press, no prob if I was fresh I reckon. I got exposed to secret rusky kurlov protocol too and no where else but in the monolift. I am going to be absolutely massive when I wake up tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

followed me round- gettin huge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

Good to have you down dude looking forward to seeing how your progress goes

And so it was that on the 8th day the prophet descended from mount swole, and aloud from a sacred (pink) tablet* he readeth these commandments given unto him by the gods of enormity.....

*this is not an accusation of drug use**

:P

daveyc21 wrote: »
    Good to have you down dude looking forward to seeing how your progress goes

Thanks Dave, good facility you got there. Plenty of equipment for the swolein'
    Dead Ed wrote:
    *this is not an accusation of drug use**

They can't prove nothing!

Saturday 21st May

Down in Ironside again, messed around with strongman circuits as there was a group of us there. I skipped and modified a few things and generally sandbagged though since my back is still not better...ffs!

Did some of farmer walks, keg loading, log clean and press, yoke walk, sledge swings. Skipped tyre flips completely.

Got a go on the sprint timing system though which is ****ing deadly.

20m Sprint

Good enough for 6th on the leader board currently. Some lessons from Dave on mechanics and a few more months of explosive swoleness training and hopefully I should get it to the 3:00-3:10 range.

Monday 23rd May

Be careful what you wish for. Got new program and I'm bollixed. Getting drunk on Saturday night probably (defiantly) didn't help. Also back still wasn't 100% but I'm fed up of working out around it.

Snatch
    2x3@50kg
    1x3@54kg
    3x3@55kg missed 1 rep here, lack of focus

Powerclean & Jerks
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg
    3x3@80kg only jerked the 3rd rep on these because I was weak sauce

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg (belt) shouldn't need a belt at this weight but I was wrecked

Single leg RDLs
    3x8 ES

Last set of snatches were meant to be 57kg but the 54's were heavy so didn't make the full jump up. I should be alright once I settle in, stop getting drunk, eat some ****ing food. Also will look at cutting cycling down to 3 days a week, and sandbag those 3 days even more than I am now. Free wheel those downhills!

Speaking of not doing stupid ****. I'm doing really stupid **** this weekend. The wicklow roar. Kayaking, cycling, running. I signed up for it ages ago. Then next weekend I'm away for long weekend and will do stupid **** then too. After that though! no more stupid ****!!!!! :o

Last set of snatches were meant to be 57kg but the 54's were heavy so didn't make the full jump up. I should be alright once I settle in, stop getting drunk, eat some ****ing food. Also will look at cutting cycling down to 3 days a week, and sandbag those 3 days even more than I am now. Free wheel those downhills!

You cycle about 10k a day on level ground, on a roadbike, and don't weigh anything, MTFU!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    You cycle about 10k a day on level ground, on a roadbike, and don't weigh anything, MTFU!

I am a precious snowflake.

Quads kinda at me. MAybe its my knee. Or my shoulder. Gah couldn't do those cleans! :p

Provided token sticks to the Project 85 then he is a made man!

columok wrote: »
    Quads kinda at me. MAybe its my knee. Or my shoulder. Gah couldn't do those cleans! :p

Quiet carrot-top!

• Advertisement

Quiet carrot-top!
    Go ice your knee. Only room on the train fo one cripple son!

Wednesday 25th May

Powersnatch
    2x3@45kg
    2x3@50kg
    3x3@53kg

Clean & Jerk
    only jerk on first rep
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@65kg
    3x3@68kg

Snatch Pull
    3x3@65kg
    3x3@72kg

Back Squat
    2x5@72kg
    1x5@80kg
    1x5@85kg (belt from here)
    1x5@90kg
    1x4@90kg

Swiss ball Curls
    3x20 A hamstring exercise, did two legs at time when I was meant to do single leg. I'm such a bitch

Powersnatches and Snatch pulls were grand, they are based on an old powersnatch PR which is probably a few kg lower than what I'm capable of now. Triples @ 68kg on C&J were a total grind. As were the back squats. I've done those weights without needing a belt before but my legs were falling from under me tonight. It was really tough to make all the reps. I'll be beastin' after two months of this.

Thursday 26th May

Ironside tonight

Bench
    1x5@40kg
    1x5@60kg
    3x5@70kg
    1x4@72.5kg
    1x4@75kg

Pendlay Row
    1x8@40kg
    1x8@45kg
    1x8@50kg
    1x8@55kg
    1x8@60kg

Sled Pulls
    3 forwards
    3 backwards
    @ 40kg (inc weight of sled)

KORE
    3-way plank @ 30s each side, 20kg on the straight one
    Seated Russian twist, 3x15 ES with 10kg bumper plate
    3x8 rollouts on knees

Got a few tips from Barry on bench which helped a good bit. Grip width, breathing etc.. I'm gonna let the lads at ironside do my upper body programming on a Thursday. I don't think it matters a whole lot what you do or don't do on upper body for weightlifting. It shouldn't take long to crack 100kg 1RM with training it regular again. Imma gonna be a Weightlifter with a swole chest.

Testing the waters with pendlay row as I've only done it once before. All sets were fine really but 60kg across would probably be a bit much currently without losing all speed on it.

Sled pulls meant do be 60% of BW for speed but the track inside ironside provides extra resistance to what I'm used to so I didn't need as much weight.

KORE!!!!!

Saturday 28th May

Stupid ****

Wicklow Roar
    1k Kayak
    11k Cycle
    7k Run (feckin adventure run)
    11k Cycle
    2:30:01

Kayak was alright managed not to fall into the lake. Cycle also alright on the aul racer. About a quarter of the run was up a feckin' mountain..okay a steep hill. My lower back locked up so I had to walk it in some discomfort but majority of people other than elite people walked it as well so I didn't lose much time. It was alright on the down hill back and then the rest of the run was on the beach which wasnt too bad but slow running into sand. Cycle back again was okay. Legs were half dead even before starting though from weightlifting this week.

Monday 30th May

Snatch
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@54kg
    1x3@57kg
    2x2@61kg missed 2nd rep on both sets, gay

Powerclean & Jerks
    Only jerked the first rep
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@75kg
    1x3@80kg
    2x2@85kg failed jerk on first set of two, gay

Clean Pulls
    3x5@95kg
    3x3@100kg

Front Squat
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@70kg
    1x3@75kg
    2x2@80kg (belt)

Something I did at the weekend stole my power..hmm I wonder what. I probably needed more recovery pints of Guinness ya that's it. There was also a chalk crisis at the gym in that it had ran out. I can't do **** without chalk. I reckon I woulda got all the snatches if I had it.

Something I did at the weekend stole my power..
    I would guess cardio, hitting up some WODS, Hugh Grant Movie Marathons and your new celery+cabbage soup diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Something I did at the weekend stole my power..hmm I wonder what. I probably needed more recovery pints of Guinness ya that's it. There was also a chalk crisis at the gym in that it had ran out. I can't do **** without chalk. I reckon I woulda got all the snatches if I had it.

The problem is you aren't taking protein shakes when you come in from the boozer.

columok wrote: »
    I would guess cardio, hitting up some WODS, Hugh Grant Movie Marathons and your new celery+cabbage soup diet.

You should be too busy getting rhabdo in your biceps for maximum swellage to slag me. GHD Jumping Hammer Curls for you son.
    d'Oracle wrote:
    The problem is you aren't taking protein shakes when you come in from the boozer.

That seems to be The Situation.

That seems to be The Situation.
    Indeed
    http://www.devotionvodka.com/

• Advertisement

Wednesday 1st June

Powersnatch
    2x3@45kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@53kg
    2x2@55kg

Clean & Jerk
    only jerk on first rep
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@65kg
    2x3@68kg
    1x2@72kg

Snatch Pull
    3x3@65kg
    3x3@72kg

Back Squat
    2x3@72kg
    1x3@80kg
    1x3@85kg
    1x3@90kg (belt from here)
    1x3@95kg

Swiss ball Curls
    2x12 each leg, slightly less of a bitch than last week, single leg but found it hard maintaining strict from for the whole set

KORE
    3-way plank, 30s each side, 25kg on straight
    Russian seated twist, 3x15 each side, 9kg medicine ball
    3x8 Ab rollouts on knees

Was really tired going into training but other than the cleans being tough again it went alot better than last week. Starting to get a bit used to the new program. I'm off to Amsterdamage for the weekend so it will probably be Wednesday before I train again or at least do anything worth while.

Advertisement