Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

What a brilliant episode. I'm assuming that General Iroh is Zuko's son? Love that he's named after his great-uncle. The only small thing I dislike is that it seems to be the same voice actor as Zuko?

It is or possibly his grandson (considering tensin is aangs son and General Iroh looks younger) and it is the same voice actor.

And I agree. I was actually watching an episode of avatar before this episode popped up so hearing zuko so close to the new character it felt very odd.

Aside from that an awesome episode and really has me psyched for the season finale.

It actually felt sorta lazy to bring back the same actor instead of hiring a new one. When they panned the camera up, I was really expecting to see the scar.

I'm assuming the fact that they have him voicing General Iroh means that they won't be bringing Zuko back, as it would be too odd to have him voicing both characters, with both sounding so similar.

Actually, it's a wonderful thought that Iroh tried to capture a city, Ba-Sing-Se and yet his great-nephew (is that right..?), this General Iroh, is actually trying to save a city, Republic City. Was another nice little nod to Legend of Aang.

For anyone interested - the executive producers of Legend of Korra will be doing a Q&A session on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

(warning: I am about to discuss fictional characters as if they were real people :pac:)

I hate Mako, he's a little sh&t.

Your girlfriend found out you kissed another girl and you don't even apologise?

And putting your arm around Korra in front of Asami. Seriously, f*ck you.

I know the voice is jarring but lets just take a moment to appreciate this guy:

tumblr_m5qgstwm7x1qa96zko1_500.jpg

He looks bad a$s.

He is my new hero.

(warning: I am about to discuss fictional characters as if they were real people :pac:)

I hate Mako, he's a little sh&t.

Your girlfriend found out you kissed another girl and you don't even apologise?

And putting your arm around Korra in front of Asami. Seriously, f*ck you.

But you know Asami is going to hook up with general Iroh so she'll be happier in the end :D

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    But you know Asami is going to hook up with general Iroh so she'll be happier in the end :D

this has to happen.

:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watch a shitload of TV every week, and this is, by some margin, the best show on TV at the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Absolutely brilliant episode, though I found it quite jolting to hear the same voice actor as Zuko for Iroh. I reckon he's a grandson rather than a son of Zuko. And I was heartbroken at that scene near the end with Lin and the Air benders. Poor Lin. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent (again). The action sequences are amazing - very well directed and intelligent. Of course it's backed up by some great characterisation too.

I'm still holding out on my theory that Aman is Zuko's son and, now, Iroh's dad. We have the generations all sorted other than that (Iroh Jr seems a little young to be Zuko's son and Zuko was I believe about Soka's age).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

I'm assuming the fact that they have him voicing General Iroh means that they won't be bringing Zuko back, as it would be too odd to have him voicing both characters, with both sounding so similar.

They got a different VA to voice an older Katara. I see no reason why they cant do the same for Zuko if he should make an appearance.

Awesome episode. Will be sad when this season is over.

Also, I really really hope they release a soundtrack. A lot of the music really is epic.

• Advertisement

Apparently Toph was voiced by a different actress in the flashback sequence last week! I would have sworn it was the same girl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got quite emotional during some of those scenes especially for Lins sacrifice bit.
    Have to say the animation and characters are key parts but the music adds so much more emotion to everything, the guys who did the original, The Track Team, are still doing it and they really are masters. I still get chills watching the Zuko v Azula agni kai in the season 3 finale and its mainly due to the music and how perfect set it is.

Looking forward to the season finale and seeing richard dowers head explode due to the ratings its gonna pull in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

General............

Iroh.......

Had ta just put that in a separate post. Another stellar episode. It's not often a show, animated or live-action, can have great moments of humour (Tenzin's son's slo-mo; the first time you see the "parked" car), moments of shock (Lin's sacrifice) and moments that give you goosebumps (General Iroh) all in 22 minutes. Some shows that are amongst the highest rated on TV can't do that in seven YEARS! It's shocking that sometimes you can almost miss something because you're agog at the fluid animation of the bending: From the large movements to the tiny, unnecessary-apart-from-the-fact-it's-brilliant like the small twist of Lin's foot as she grounds herself on the airships.

"Pfffffft, cartoons, yeah, for kids and nerds."

"Pfffffft, cartoons, yeah, for kids and nerds."

LOL. people who say that have obviously never seen this show.

I wish The Legend of Korra was on tv when I was a kid. The fact that a girl can be an action hero, and a muscle-ly action hero at that. Seriously, I love that she is allowed to be 'buff' and have muscles and that its not veiwed as unfeminine or anything.

I would never really associate Korra with being "buff" per se.

In the Tron: Uprising thread, I said how it seemed like cartoons were finally moving back to those of the 90s/early 00s, where they weren't afraid to have pretty dark themes and issues and didn't constantly treat children like brainless idiots. Lin's sacrifice was handled so beautifully and you genuinely felt for her when she lost her powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I know the voice is jarring but lets just take a moment to appreciate this guy:

tumblr_m5qgstwm7x1qa96zko1_500.jpg

He looks bad a$s.

He is my new hero.

He kind of reminds me of Sterling Archer...
    sterling-archer1.jpg

Somewhat, but Iroh (best character in Last Airbender! :D) has a harsher face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Considering Danny Bosco is voicing Iroh, I can see someone making a veiled, 4th-wall jerking reference to the fact he does Zuko's voice too. Similar to the Ember Island Players bit with Jet.

"Did Jet just die?"

"You know, it was really unclear"

I love the ember island players episode. I'd love something similar near the end of Korra.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Legend-of-Korra.jpg

Legend-of-Korra.jpg

B.....but that's not a viewership stat......

Nice poster though.

No Tenzin on the poster? I am disappoint :(

Wooo finale day!!! cannot wait but at the same time a bit sad cus it was so short a season

*MEGA SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* Best episode ever! :eek: :eek: I'm... I don't even.

OMG EVERYONE GO WATCH IT!!!

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

that's how

thoughts:
    When the series first started I wondered if bloodbending would come back in some way as it was such a fantastic concept that only had 1 episode in the first series. I didnt expect it to actually dominate the later half of the series. Overall a tight strong ending to the first season, even if a bit understated. Clearly not going for the multiple season arcs that the first series excelled in. Perhaps there was a small fear that the awful movie had done too much damage and the series didnt have the legs beyond one season and wanted to play it somewhat safe. Regardless it was enjoyable with the only issues popping up for me was how with the sudden introduction of airplanes Iroh still knew about runways. If you'd never even seen planes before you wouldnt know anything on how they operate. Though he had some awful luck on the planes himself, everytime he got into one it got shot down. Oh and its confirmed he is the grandson of zuko

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow.

fkjhgkjhdhf....... I mean ldfkjldjflfhhfi....... ammmmm...... lfajdkshifhfh!!!!!

OK..........

Freakin' WOW!!!!!!!!

That was just plain FANTASTIC!!!

I remember catching TLA when the season 2 had ended and Nick were cycling through 1 and 2 before three started and being hooked. I hoped but never thought that a follow on could be as good. But I shouldn't have worried. It's easily on a par with TLA. I won't say it's better as they are different animals.

Amon's story, the boat.............. Aang! 28 mins. Freakin' arms are covered in goosebumps :) Even the tiny niggle I had with the episode 10 was gone: I thought, at the time, that Iroh's voice was too high, was too Zukko, was gone in this episode. He just looked a bit too old initially for that voice but after a couple of seconds in this episode it suited him perfectly (Nice link to him with the arm scar)

Will be VERY interesting to see what happens now. I thought it odd that Amon's lieutenant got such an intro and such a scene in the episode. Something tells me it won't be the last we see of him.

Wow.... just..... wow

I feel sorry for anyone who dismisses this show as being just for kids as the writing is simply amazing

Seriously people tell your friends, this is the best show on television right now and everyone deserves to know.
    Right now i dont have the words to describe my feelings about this season, ill be back on in a few hours and will have a full recap but to everyone reading this WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!

• Advertisement

just want to put these here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79005406&postcount=91
    but does this Spoiler: possibly put tarlock on as a possible Amun suspect since he could in theory use bloodbending to block bending?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79128941&postcount=120
    2 things

1. it cut away when Amon removed tarlock's bending

2. Why did he take Tarlock captive?

I could accept it for dramatic reasons, it's just rewatching the scene something seems a bit off about Amon's actions involving Tarlock (could there be a twist here?)

I was so close to getting it right.

Advertisement