Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Whatever happens im gonna guess we will be left with a cliffhanger of some kind, like in season 2 of TLA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

They've done a Buffy:

In season 1 of Buffy she died for a bit which meant Kendra became the slayer but then Buffy came back so there were two slayers.
    Didn't Aang actually die at the end of Season two? Didn't he say something along the lines of "It was more than that, I was more than hurt, I was really gone, wasn't I?"
    Amon IS AN AVATAR. He became incarnated when Aang temporarily died. Hence he's able to energybend, he wanted Aang out of the picture and now wants Korra out of the picture (Or at his side) so, once all (or at least the most powerful) benders are dead or disabled He'd be able to take over the world!!!!!!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, it's either Sparky-Sparky Boom man or The Avatar

:D (Well, it would be a hell of a cliffhanger)

I really can't see that happening. It would be quite difficult to turn Aang into a bad guy. Well, I guess it's more the fact I really hope that's not what it is, though the thought did enter my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I really can't see that happening. It would be quite difficult to turn Aang into a bad guy. Well, I guess it's more the fact I really hope that's not what it is, though the thought did enter my head.
    Nono, not Aang, Aang's dead so we have Korra, Amon would have been born when Aang died at the end of season two. So he would also have access to all of Aang's previous lives etc.

I don't for a minute think that's the case, was just throwing it out for a laugh. But it would be interesting to see an Avatar versus an Avatar

(On a side note, I wonder will we ever find out how Aang died: in the line of duty or just old age (He'd have been about 80) )

Hm, I'm not too sure. I don't think it works that way - it's an interesting theory; but it would mean that the only way for Korra to be born was if Amon were to die, since he would have been technically Aang's replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'd lean more towards good intentions gone wrong with amon's origins then any celestial/spiritual fubar.

Mostly because despite Amon's position as series antagonist, he does have a point in that non benders are treated like crap (hell Sokka got dissed a bit at times in team avatar) and I can really imagine Aang or someone of similar moral calibur thinking that they would need something to balance (*equalize*) things at times and passing on the knowledge...but now it's being abused.

Or we could just accept the reasoning the series has already given for one of it's reveals...Some people are simply born special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

the ratings for this show are epic!!

the ratings for this show are epic!!

Richard, instead of just giving us ratings news (as good as it is to hear it's doing well), perhaps add a little something to the thread?

Have you ever even watched an episode?

Richard, instead of just giving us ratings news (as good as it is to hear it's doing well), perhaps add a little something to the thread?

Have you ever even watched an episode?

Nope, but the ratings are epic (as i said) :)

Then go and watch an episode to see why.

• Advertisement

i don think richard even watches tv...just nelson ratings

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    i don think richard even watches tv...just nelson ratings

LOL!....less and less these days actually.

LOL!....less and less these days actually.

Yeah you need to watch this show and undestand tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

man, I was convinced that amon was going to be counsellor whats his face. I thought it was being badly telegraphed.. but now I have no idea. presumably a character we havent met yet

Fo those who havent seen it yet ill just leave this here.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aman has to be related to Zuko in some way - I'm guessing his son. There's some good reasoning:

- Next generation characters are here
    - Thematically, it'd fit in with Tarlock being a son of a special bender
    - Aman has a scar form bending, just like Zuko did so there's a history there (assuming Zuko scarred him)
    - Zuko was slipping down a dark path as it was (well according to the comic)

Now I just need to work out what gives Aman the power to take away powers and how that can possibly fit in with Zuko. But I'll get there...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Unlikely - Amon isn't a firebender...

Yeah i doubt hes anything to do with Zuko tbh and i do not think he has any bending ability apart from energybending

Aang and Zukko were allies at the end of Legend of Aang, so I can't see anything major coming along and changing this. There's also the fact that I really can't picture Zukko going through an Agni Kai, which was what resulted in Zukko's scarring.

I was also thinking about Amon being an avatar and it's somewhat unlikely too. We know that Legend of Korra is based 70 years after Aang defeated Firelord Ozai. So that would mean that it was in or around 71 years ago that the events of the Season 2 finale happened, when Aang nearly died. Something tells me that it's unlikely that Amon would be 71 years old. I could be wrong, but it's unlikely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aang and Zukko were allies at the end of Legend of Aang, so I can't see anything major coming along and changing this. There's also the fact that I really can't picture Zukko going through an Agni Kai, which was what resulted in Zukko's scarring.
    Ah yes, but have you read any of Avatar: Book 4 ("The Promise")? It's the canonical comic that bridges the two series and it sets Zukko off on a darker path. Well the first part does - parts 2 and 3 aren't out yet.

• Advertisement

Isn't tensin the only son of ang that is an air bender what if Amon is a son of ang as well who inherited only his energy bending?

Could either be something that originally was intended for good gone wrong with ang's passing etc or the prodigal son jealous of his older/younger brother who inherited all of father's ability but not him :(

ixoy wrote: »
    Ah yes, but have you read any of Avatar: Book 4 ("The Promise")? It's the canonical comic that bridges the two series and it sets Zukko off on a darker path. Well the first part does - parts 2 and 3 aren't out yet.

No, I've never heard of it before and didn't know it existed. Cheers for the heads up.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Isn't tensin the only son of ang that is an air bender what if Amon is a son of ang as well who inherited only his energy bending?

Could either be something that originally was intended for good gone wrong with ang's passing etc or the prodigal son jealous of his older/younger brother who inherited all of father's ability but not him :(

Aang has 3 kids, Tenzin, Kya whos a waterbender and Bumi whos a nonbender. I suppose Amon could be Bumi but i doubt it. Also everything weve been told so far about energybending implies it has to be learnt or imparted and cannot be passed on like normal elemental bending.

WOW!

Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon)
    -11 AM: 3.580 million viewers, 0.98 A18-49

WOW!

Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon)
    -11 AM: 3.580 million viewers, 0.98 A18-49

Do yourself a favour and watch the original series and then this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

the correct spellings of the important character names

Aang
    Sokka
    Zuko
    Katara
    Amon
    Mako
    Bolin
    Tenzin

I'm just sayin' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Wait was it on today? I thought they weren't back until next week for the finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Oh from the preview that I watched at the end of the previous episode, I got the impression that all 3 episodes would be shown back-to-back. Only watched a tiny bit thought and then stopped. Hate previews.

What a brilliant episode. I'm assuming that General Iroh is Zuko's son? Love that he's named after his great-uncle. The only small thing I dislike is that it seems to be the same voice actor as Zuko?

Advertisement