Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just finished it there with a few bits left to do, over all I really enjoyed the story some genuine lol moments and the choice of music to play at key points of the game was hilarious.

I thought it benefited by being more compact in terms of the area size there wasn't that feeling of "awwww do i have to drive all the way over there" that I had with the other games, but the city seemed devoid of life for the most part, very little use made of some great looking locations, and very little if any use made of water ways. I found the driving ok personally.

90% of the music was dire like others mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Disappointed in this. The story is short, but it is good. I just can't handle the random/quirky overload. Co-Op is still fairly glitchy and not as good as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Edit: Ignore. I figured it out :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

i was considering getting this game , is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

i was considering getting this game , is it worth it?

Wait until January and you'll get it for half-price. Worth it at €30 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I picked it up on sale for 30 from Zavvi I think it was last week. Just arrived today, about to crack into it now.

EDIT: Still 30 on there at the mo http://www.zavvi.com/offers/mega-monday/games.list

yup im getting it for christams , my mother santa got it online from zavvi
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    I picked it up on sale for 30 from Zavvi I think it was last week. Just arrived today, about to crack into it now

sure keep me posted will ya chum?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This may have been posted...but it's pretty damn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just picked this up today with my Christmas voucher. Mad to give it a lash! Any free DLC I should download 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Having a little trouble, the bit
    where i have to damage the wheels of the truck carrying the supercomputer, the idiot driving with me keeps blowing up the computer with the cannon. how do i stop him doing that? is there any way i can ditch him? must have done it like 5 times now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

eyerer wrote: »
    Having a little trouble, the bit
    where i have to damage the wheels of the truck carrying the supercomputer, the idiot driving with me keeps blowing up the computer with the cannon. how do i stop him doing that? is there any way i can ditch him? must have done it like 5 times now
    That did my head in too, took me ****ing ages to do it. Unfortunately you just have to keep trying over and over again. You need to be very accurate shooting out each of the wheels - do this quicky before that idiot blows up the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Thanks got it done on my next try.
    couldnt believe how bad the AI was though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is a great laugh! Loving the humour. The 2 boys singing to a song on the radio is just brilliant!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is a great laugh! Loving the humour. The 2 boys singing to a song on the radio is just brilliant!

There are few other parts later on involving the music that are even funnier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Loving it so far, great fun and completely bat**** crazy :D kind of pissed they
    killed off johnny gat in the opening 20 mins
    but the boss is as bad ass as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got this today but haven't put it in yet as I downloaded Bastion and can't seem to stop playing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yesterday was my last day of holidays and I had promised myself that I was going to get stuck into this game during my time off (never enough time - SWTOR being the main culprit this time).

It's been very enjoyable and silly and fun - just what you'd expect from a Saints Row game and I'm looking forward to playing more of it this evening. I was last on a mission where I had to
    protect the FBI nerdy lady from air with a rocket launcher which was proving very troublesome because I kept getting too trigger happy and accidentally blowing her car up
    :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Saints Row 2 free on PSN to anyone who bought Saints Row 3 - Available til feb. 13th.
    Over 7gig so make sure you have some space on your hd.
    PlayStation @PlayStation
    Reminder: if you purchase a new copy of Saints Row 3 for PS3, you'll receive a free digital copy of Saints Row 2! Expires Feb 13 @SaintsRow

https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Impressed with the coop and the fact the game runs on PC fairly well.

Good fun.

I modified a car with the lambo doors the other day. And was wondering if you put a spoiler on it does it serve the perpose of holding down the car at high speeds? Like in real life. (Sorry if its a stupid quistion)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Is this game worth getting? I'm tempted to get it when I finish up with exams.Hopefully make a few videos on it. I thought SR2 was pretty good.This looks better.

Chavways wrote: »
    Is this game worth getting? I'm tempted to get it when I finish up with exams.Hopefully make a few videos on it. I thought SR2 was pretty good.This looks better.

It's good, but smaller and shorter than SR2 with less to do, and less variety. That said the main story is tighter and there are some genuine lol moments :D

I played with 2 different characters and for some reason it was better using a female character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

calex71 wrote: »
    It's good, but smaller and shorter than SR2 with less to do, and less variety. That said the main story is tighter and there are some genuine lol moments :D

I played with 2 different characters and for some reason it was better using a female character.

Admit it, you just wanted to run around naked with the penetrator:D

Admit it, you just wanted to run around naked with the penetrator:D

Well there's that lol, but really it just seemed better with a female leader of the saints especially during scripted parts like singing in the car on the way to one of the missions, lets not mention the gimp chariots though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i bought that awile on steam sale and finally gave a wee bit of play...

this game is awesome! :D

i honestly laughed and had fun! i cant believe how dull GTA 4 was compared to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i bought that awile on steam sale and finally gave a wee bit of play...

this game is awesome! :D

i honestly laughed and had fun! i cant believe how dull GTA 4 was compared to this!

GTA4 is dull compared to paint drying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bump!

Picked this up in the steam sale. Anyone up for some co-op?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quarryman wrote: »
    Bump!

Picked this up in the steam sale. Anyone up for some co-op?

I would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I would be!

cool, send me on your steam name.

Mine is quarryman. (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

What's the co-op play like?

Advertisement