Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Hecklar wrote: »
    So its been a couple of weeks since I installed 9.2 and the battery issues have been very hit and miss. I dissabled lagfix and it got a lot better for a while but in the last few days its struggling to last 8 hours. Darky's 9.3 is in order for later on tonight i reckon. I hope its going to be better. :)

I had trouble for the first couple of days with 9.3, but yesterday I was on track to get nearly 48 hours. Barely used the phone, screen was on for about an hour the whole day (biggest battery drain, everything else is nothing compared) and wifi/3g were off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Flashed my Galaxy S for the first time to 9.2 Ressurection.... Good Lord why didn't I do this sooner?!

Is it worth upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3? Has anybody done this without wiping?

Thanks.

It can be different for everyone, but generally 9.3 is better, Resurrection is just the base ROM, once there you flash 9.3 like any other ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Looking to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S on a meteor 18 month contract. Would the wise option be to wipe it and install this Darkys rom? I guess it will null the warranty? or is there a way to restore the phone before returning to meteor in the event of hardware/phone issues?

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Yeah you can download stock roms from samfirmware.com and reflash it back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

cdb wrote: »
    Apart from battery life improvements how do you find 9.3 overall, is there a noticeable difference over 9.2?

I waited a long time before I took the plunge and went over to the Dark side.:D ( sorry couldn't resist that).Wasn't on 9.2 very long so it's hard to compare with 9.3. but it does run a little slicker.

• Advertisement

Looking to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S on a meteor 18 month contract. Would the wise option be to wipe it and install this Darkys rom? I guess it will null the warranty? or is there a way to restore the phone before returning to meteor in the event of hardware/phone issues?

Thanks

W.

Dude there is no point buying the SGS if your not going to flash anything on it, the stock sucks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just tried to go from 9.2 to 9'3 via recovery. It just aborted and said bad. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

budgemook wrote: »
    Just tried to go from 9.2 to 9'3 via recovery. It just aborted and said bad. Any ideas?
    A full wipe was recommended beforehand. Had no problems myself going from 9.2 to 9.3 though I had wiped when installing 9.2 the night before. If you have everything backed up try it and see if it makes any difference.

]

Check the size of the 9.3 file , some bad ones out there.It should be 242.44 MB

[

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    ]

Check the size of the 9.3 file , some bad ones out there.It should be 242.44 MB

[

That's a bad way of doing it. Is there not an Md5Sum?

• Advertisement

Did 9.3 last night. its looking pretty slick and i like the unlock screen.

It had 90% battery last night and this morning had only 40% so it lost 50% of its power apparently doing nothing. Stuck it in the charger to get some decent power in it and it pretty much stayed at 90 odd percent all day. Hopefully it'll stay decent, I reset the stats just after installing 9.3 so heres hoping this is the last rom i'll ever flash on this phone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hecklar wrote: »
    Did 9.3 last night. its looking pretty slick and i like the unlock screen.

It had 90% battery last night and this morning had only 40% so it lost 50% of its power apparently doing nothing. Stuck it in the charger to get some decent power in it and it pretty much stayed at 90 odd percent all day. Hopefully it'll stay decent, I reset the stats just after installing 9.3 so heres hoping this is the last rom i'll ever flash on this phone. :)

It takes a few days after a flash before the battery stats become right. Its not your last flash, 9.4 will be soon, then gingerbread :D

Gingerbread has been brilliant on my Nexus S, if Samsungs Galaxy S gingerbread is anywhere near as good as this then i'll be well happy. :)
    Battery on the Nexus lasts about 2 days.

Like it was mentioned, you have to flash 9.2 in Odin then you can flash 9.3 in CWM.

I flashed Insanity ROM last night and I have to say it is faster than 9.3 and looks very nice now that I`ve the Black Android theme, you should check it out.

Theres only "so fast" these things can get before they're actually looking into our future. I cant say id have any complaints with the speed of either 9.2 or 9.3. Its all in the battery performance for me. :)

lewis wrote: »
    Like it was mentioned, you have to flash 9.2 in Odin then you can flash 9.3 in CWM.

I flashed Insanity ROM last night and I have to say it is faster than 9.3 and looks very nice now that I`ve the Black Android theme, you should check it out.

I'm on 9.2 already. I flashed it in Odin ages ago

And......

And......

What do you mean And? Isn't it obvious that I must have misunderstood something? You said I have to flash to 9.2 via Odin and then I can upgrade to 9.3 via CWM (which I assume is by upgrading using a zip file in recovery mode).

I have flashed to 9.2 via Odin and I can't upgrade from recovery.

What do you mean And? Isn't it obvious that I must have misunderstood something? You said I have to flash to 9.2 via Odin and then I can upgrade to 9.3 via CWM (which I assume is by upgrading using a zip file in recovery mode).

No need to get snotty about it, what I ment by the and was did you get to 9.3 or not?

What size is the 9.3 file you are trying to flash?

• Advertisement

And......

No need to get snotty about it, what I ment by the and was did you get to 9.3 or not?

I didn't. Any help appreciated.
    What size is the 9.3 file you are trying to flash?

240 or so MB.

can you check exactly.
    In posts 42 to 44 in this thread some people had problems like you , and they found that they had downloaded a bad version of 9.3.
    One of them was 239MB when it should have been 242Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I didn't. Any help appreciated.

240 or so MB.

Do you have clockworkmod recovery installed?
    If not, in regular recovery mode does it say 3e or 2e (at the top I think)?

can you check exactly.
    In posts 42 to 44 in this thread some people had problems like you , and they found that they had downloaded a bad version of 9.3.
    One of them was 239MB when it should have been 242Mb
    It's 237M MB. Did check at the time, Ubuntu shows the byte size unless you use -h so I didn't catch that. I got the link from here though, have you a better one? The one I used was rapidshare.
    Do you have clockworkmod recovery installed?
    If not, in regular recovery mode does it say 3e or 2e (at the top I think)?

I do yep. ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.3 - Voodoo lagfix

I tried to upload it here but it ain`t happening.....give me a second...
    Look for one that`s 242MB

Try the one below, it worked for him. Cant remember where I got mine from.
    You probably just got an incomplete download .

Yeah, mine said bad the first time i flashed but that was a measly 64MB zip.
    I downloaded from http://www.multiupload.com/8Z04J6BBB2 using the rapidshare link the second time. It's actually 242.44 MB. Worked a charm although took a while to download not having a pro account.

Try the one below, it worked for him. Cant remember where I got mine from.
    You probably just got an incomplete download .

That's the link I used for sure

I`m still uploading, nearly there!

I`m still uploading, nearly there!

Com'on Lewis , the man needs to flash......:D

• Advertisement

This link its definately working. Its the same link i used.
    https://rs90cg2.rapidshare.com/files/450475231/Darkys_v9.3_Extreme_Edition.zip

Advertisement