Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    It's fast , how much faster can insanity be? When I touch an icon on the screen it opens straight away, when I scroll it scrolls straight away.How fast do you need it.

That is exactly what I asked before I flashed Insanity. I thought JVQ was as fast as it could get. But Insanity is on a different planet really. Try it and see for yourself.
    There are no issues with it bar slightly worse battery than other roms.
    Flash EZBase via Odin
    Flash CM 027 via CWM
    Flash your Gmail add on pack and you're away. Thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I'd give Insanity a try if it wasn't so difficult to flash.The Insanity fan boys :Dkeep saying how good it is and they never have problems or bugs. Just read back through their posts after they flash it and it's a different story.:eek:
    So I always end up flashing Darkys. easy to flash and I've been on the latest for about 2 days now with no issues and very good battery performance.It's fast , how much faster can insanity be? When I touch an icon on the screen it opens straight away, when I scroll it scrolls straight away.How fast do you need it. It's all a matter of taste at this stage. Now I must get back to work, those Swiss students I have staying wont feed themselves....Joel... Joel dinner is ready.....:D

Another Darky fanboy, lol.

Like the bad flasher said, it`s very easy to flash and you don`t have to worry about any damn lagfix.
    CM is faster, without all the bloat, once you`ve flash it, go into Nitrality and select the apps you want, then they can be flashed all at once, there`s only 2 other ZIP files you`ve to flash, GAPPS(Google Apps) and the Gmail add on pack, takes no time.
    Yeah the battery is`nt great, but you`ll get a day out of it no problem.
    Themes are simple as hell to do, no going into your sisters house and flashing from there, there just apk`s and you can store them on your phone and select at willie.
    G1032 wrote: »
    That is exactly what I asked before I flashed Insanity. I thought JVQ was as fast as it could get. But Insanity is on a different planet really. Try it and see for yourself.
    There are no issues with it bar slightly worse battery than other roms.
    Flash EZBase via Odin
    Flash CM 027 via CWM
    Flash your Gmail add on pack and you're away. Thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

lewis wrote: »
    Another Darky fanboy, lol.

Like the bad flasher said, it`s very easy to flash and you don`t have to worry about any damn lagfix.
    CM is faster, without all the bloat, once you`ve flash it, go into Nitrality and select the apps you want, then they can be flashed all at once, there`s only 2 other ZIP files you`ve to flash, GAPPS(Google Apps) and the Gmail add on pack, takes no time.
    Yeah the battery is`nt great, but you`ll get a day out of it no problem.
    Themes are simple as hell to do, no going into your sisters house and flashing from there, there just apk`s and you can store them on your phone and select at willie.

Ok Lewis and G, I gave it a go. The flash went ok , no problems once I found all the files I needed, like Darkys there's a lot of old files out there..It is faster than Darkys, but I still prefer Darkys.Back on Resurrection 10.2. the slimmed down version of Darkys 10.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ok Lewis and G, I gave it a go. The flash went ok , no problems once I found all the files I needed, like Darkys there's a lot of old files out there..It is faster than Darkys, but I still prefer Darkys.Back on Resurrection 10.2. the slimmed down version of Darkys 10.2

Things have improved now that I've gotten rid of all traces of samsung and touchwiz from the phone. Freed up quite a bit of RAM too (about another 30/40 mb).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Using Resurrection 10.2 myself with the Semaphore kernal. Much faster than than the DC kernal & definitely more stable. Also got a fix for the SMS bln in the rom support section on Darky's forum. Still not entirely happy though. :-/

Been reading up on some of the other roms out there at the moment. There are just sooo many. Most of which seem to be updated constantly. Think i'll just wait a week or 2 for the scene to settle down.

Doesn't show any signs of doing so any time soon though! :D

The SGS must be the most abused phone in history!

• Advertisement

How long did you stay on it?

What`s it about Darky`s that brought you down, I mean back, lol

Flash SURFACE. Faster than anything Darky ever came up with. Don't think I'll be going back to Insanity now.........

How long did you stay on it?

What`s it about Darky`s that brought you down, I mean back, lol

I'll not lie to you man, only about half a day!:D Couldn't wait to get home and flash back. I just like the look and feel of Darkys.

Flash SURFACE. Faster than anything Darky ever came up with. Don't think I'll be going back to Insanity now.........

Lmao....You're such a slut:D

He`s easily bought and pleased....I guess I`ll be back on me own again...:(

• Advertisement

Yep
    A pure ROM slut!!!!

Very happy with SURFACE so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nordiestar

Flashed 10.2 on Sunday.

Have to say, not overly impressed.

Reception on phone got a little crappy since flashing, gps doesn't get a lock either.
    Any of you guys have a link to a decent modem I could flash?

Thanks

nordiestar wrote: »
    Flashed 10.2 on Sunday.

Have to say, not overly impressed.

Reception on phone got a little crappy since flashing, gps doesn't get a lock either.
    Any of you guys have a link to a decent modem I could flash?

Thanks

Decent modem?
    What you need to do first is flash a decent ROM.
    Try SURFACE or Insanity

If you want to stay on Darky's I've always found the ZSJV5 modem gives good GPS lock, good reception and good battery life

Decent modem?
    Try SURFACE or Insanity

If you want to stay on Darky's I've always found the ZSJV5 modem gives good GPS lock, good reception and good battery life

I know I saw a list of modems for each country, there`s to many for me to be going to test out..

Decent modem?
    Try SURFACE or Insanity

Can't be bothered having to flash all the add ons needed with these base roms, took cm7 off this week, couldn't even get access to my external sd card with it ffs!

Thanks for the advice anyway, will check out modem mentioned!

Can't be bothered having to flash all the add ons needed with these base roms, took cm7 off this week, couldn't even get access to my external sd card with it ffs!

It was that bad heh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Did you flash it with the gingerbread bootloaders ?
    Classic symptom.

Hi Lewis
    It was snappy enough, maybe I'm petty, I didn't like a few things about it though, dialer and in call screen looked amateur imo, had to flash google package to get gmail/market etc.

Couldn't get access to my external card (killer problem for me) and you need odin to reflash darkys/another rom.

Was ok apart from that lol

Hi Lewis
    It was snappy enough, maybe I'm petty, I didn't like a few things about it though, dialer and in call screen looked amateur imo, had to flash google package to get gmail/market etc.

Couldn't get access to my external card (killer problem for me) and you need odin to reflash darkys/another rom.

Was ok apart from that lol

The external card is in the EMMC folder. It's there alright........
    Have to agree with you about the dialer and in call screen.
    Also the clock was pathetic.
    I stayed on Insanity for a couple of weeks but in the end the sh!t battery and some poorly designed stock apps did my nut in.
    SURFACE is nothing like that. Samsung dialer, clock etc.
    Really fast and no hassle to flash. I had it flashed, all my apps back on, themed and set up in less than an hour and a half.

I stayed on Insanity for a couple of weeks but in the end the sh!t battery and some poorly designed stock apps did my nut in.
    Really fast and no hassle to flash. I had it flashed, all my apps back on, themed and set up in less than an hour and a half.

Did you get your incoming call issues sorted ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I put Darky 10.2 on last night, because 10.1 was giving me some awful delays in getting the icons back on the home screen after exiting an app, game or even the full app list. Anyway, it's awful. Nothing works properly. Hangs on installing anything from the market. Hangs on uninstalling. Hangs randomly when trying exit apps or games. Everything is slow and crap. That's the end of Darky for me.

Flashing Insanity now to see how it goes with a stripped down ROM. Had a look at the SURFACE page, but I'm going to try Insanity first.

jor el wrote: »
    I put Darky 10.2 on last night, because 10.1 was giving me some awful delays in getting the icons back on the home screen after exiting an app, game or even the full app list. Anyway, it's awful. Nothing works properly. Hangs on installing anything from the market. Hangs on uninstalling. Hangs randomly when trying exit apps or games. Everything is slow and crap. That's the end of Darky for me.

Flashing Insanity now to see how it goes with a stripped down ROM. Had a look at the SURFACE page, but I'm going to try Insanity first.

Good man!

[/B]

Did you get your incoming call issues sorted ?

Ya. It wasn't an issue with the ROM. Or my phone!!
    Issue with the landline that I was ringing from.
    When I flash a ROM I call my phone to make sure it's working right......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Link to this SURFACE thing? Never heard of it before.

My problem with 99% of hte ROMs out there, is that they are all the same. A few of them change themes to look overly glossy and childish but none of them really make any big difference.

I'm going to look into insanity for the sheer emptiness of it. I replace all stock phone / message apps pretty much anyway (GO dev stuff usually) and use ADWex as a launcher so dont want TW4 crap in the way.

Is there any other ROM out there that has new features without looking like it was made by a 12 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

My problem with 99% of hte ROMs out there, is that they are all the same. A few of them change themes to look overly glossy and childish but none of them really make any big difference.

I'm going to look into insanity for the sheer emptiness of it. I replace all stock phone / message apps pretty much anyway (GO dev stuff usually) and use ADWex as a launcher so dont want TW4 crap in the way.

Is there any other ROM out there that has new features without looking like it was made by a 12 year old?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1155776

Most look teh same as they are just rebranded Samsung roms.
    Insanity is now a CyanogenMod rom. Albeit slimmed down.
    But try them out and see. Battery life is a bit less but still get a day and a bit more.

On SURFACE right now....

One question guys, why the hell is everything so small on it?
    IE, My App Icons, text in sms etc?

Can I enlarge these?

If so, rom may be a keeper.......

On SURFACE right now....

One question guys, why the hell is everything so small on it?
    IE, My App Icons, text in sms etc?

Can I enlarge these?

If so, rom may be a keeper.......

Well in Insanity you can set the DPI to what ever you want, I`m not sure about that yolk, lol

Well in Insanity you can set the DPI to what ever you want, I`m not sure about that yolk, lol

Your a fcuking genius lewis!

sorted via dpi on nitrality!

Setting DPI to 240 is the 'stock' dpi
    I don't like anything really smaller.
    You can install missing apps and uninstall some apps with Nitrality too.

• Advertisement

I wonder what that reminds me of, nothing really floats to the "surface", lol.

Well.......I do have me moments
    Setting DPI to 240 is the 'stock' dpi
    I don't like anything really smaller.
    You can install missing apps and uninstall some apps with Nitrality too.

I tried loads of times with the 182 DPI but some things are just to small, I value my eye sight, lol.

Advertisement