Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    I wonder what that reminds me of, nothing really floats to the "surface", lol.

LOL
    Thats not a SURFACE theme. Its from some other dude called DAGr8. SURFACE doesn't come themed. Looks lke stock..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

G1032 wrote: »
    LOL
    Thats not a SURFACE theme. Its from some other dude called DAGr8. SURFACE doesn't come themed. Looks lke stock..........

Neener neener neener.... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lads, hate to break up the SURFACE party, but mines become laggy as hell, and can't get a gps lock.
    Anyone know if this its a common problem? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lads, hate to break up the SURFACE party, but mines become laggy as hell, and can't get a gps lock.

Same for me and I have my homescreen done up all nice, shame to have to lose it :(

Raoul wrote: »
    Same for me and I have my homescreen done up all nice, shame to have to lose it :(

Come to daddy, lol

• Advertisement

Come to daddy, lol
    You still on Insanity?

Come to daddy, lol

What's daddy on these days?
    Did I see you post about cm7 a few days back?

You still on Insanity?

Yeah and no lag here or complaints, :)
    What's daddy on these days?
    Did I see you post about cm7 a few days back?

What`s the daddy, you won`t know until you try a few ROM`s man.
    I don`t know did you, lol?

I don't know lads. I'm on ZSJV5 modem. Just did GPS test there. 11 sats in view and 11 in use!
    When I go into Navigation it picks up the sats immediately.
    I did find both the JVQ and JVR modems crap.

Not even a hint of lag here. Have you gone and flashed some crappy theme maybe?

• Advertisement

Not even a hint of lag here. Have you gone and flashed some crappy theme maybe?

Hi G1032.

No, honest to God, flashed no themes at all ! A reboot seems to have sorted the lag (a bit)
    The modern, can you post a link to flash via clockwork please?
    The one I've copied to sd card, but it fails to instal, every time!

Hi G1032.

No, honest to God, flashed no themes at all ! A reboot seems to have sorted the lag (a bit)
    The modern, can you post a link to flash via clockwork please?
    The one I've copied to sd card, but it fails to instal, every time!

You'll find the modem in Perka's Stash
    Link to it from Darky Thread here

It may be failing to install because of the version of CWM you have?
    Are you on SpeedMod Kernel?

I'm on Semaphore but I did flash the ZSJV5 modem from Perkas Stash through SpeedMod with no issues.

I'm going to keep an close eye on phone now and not flash anything for the next week - 10 days to see if any lag appears

Silly question I know but have you converted both data and system files to EXT4?

You'll find the modem in Perka's Stash
    Link to it from Darky Thread here

It may be failing to install because of the version of CWM you have?
    Are you on SpeedMod Kernel?

I'm on Semaphore but I did flash the ZSJV5 modem from Perkas Stash through SpeedMod with no issues.

I'm going to keep an close eye on phone now and not flash anything for the next week - 10 days to see if any lag appears

Silly question I know but have you converted both data and system files to EXT4?

Yeah I have converted the system files. Have only flashed a jkay theme and then some of the add on packs. I will try and change the modem to see if I get a better result!

Yeah I have converted the system files. Have only flashed a jkay theme and then some of the add on packs. I will try and change the modem to see if I get a better result!

Didn't you flash that DAgr8 theme before though?
    After I saw that that was causing lag on mine I formatted the Sdcard and reflashed Surface. I didn't want any leftovers from that theme.

Maybe there is a badly coded app causing lag?

Anyway I'll keep and eye on mine as I said and if it starts to lag at all I'll be on to something else.

Didn't you flash that DAgr8 theme before though?
    After I saw that that was causing lag on mine I formatted the Sdcard and reflashed Surface. I didn't want any leftovers from that theme.

Maybe there is a badly coded app causing lag?

Anyway I'll keep and eye on mine as I said and if it starts to lag at all I'll be on to something else.
    Yeah I had flashed that obsessed theme but then I reflashed surface after.

I flashed the same modem that you have and it is much much better. Not only the gps but the phone also seems less lahore, which is strange. But for now I am a bit happier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anyone try the Galaxian kernel with Darkys 10.2, was thinking about trying the GT overclocked one, any issues?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1137595

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I tried Galaxian (a few versions back mind you) and found it to be a tad unstable. Pity as I liked the features it had. Semaphore is broadly similar and seems stable enough. Most stable gingerbread kernal is still Speedmod T24.

Lads, been on SURFACE for a few weeks, been givin me a bit 0of hassle lately though, so decided to switch back to Darkys.

Glad I did!

Really lads, I'm never complaining again!

Lads, been on SURFACE for a few weeks, been givin me a bit 0of hassle lately though, so decided to switch back to Darkys.

Glad I did!

In time you will, lol Darky`s most times has that effect...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Glad I did!

Welcome back ,mind you it is a bit quiet here, no bugs ,no problems.......

• Advertisement

Gaffs89 wrote: »

Wonders never cease..........:)

I don`t think it`s because of that, more like know`s using it, lol :D

I don`t think it`s because of that, more like know`s using it, lol :D
    Nah,it's because it's stable , lightning fast and super cool.

You`ve been on the green for to long, it`s got your thinking all screwed up, lol

I have`nt seen anything that`s as fast or even faster than Insanity CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I have`nt seen anything that`s as fast or even faster than Insanity CM.

Only a jet plane.
    Or an Overclocked Insanity ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

What version of Darky's are you using Gaffs?

cdb wrote: »
    What version of Darky's are you using Gaffs?
    10.2 resurrection . All you need is here:
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-darkyrom-10-2-resurrection-gt-i9000.4272/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Lewis will be pleased. I've just switched, quite unceremoniously to Insanity. I really like that it's based on CM so has the level of customisation that Darkys lacks (not entirely his fault). I'll report back in a couple days after I've been able to play around with it a little more.

Lewis will be pleased. I've just switched, quite unceremoniously to Insanity. I really like that it's based on CM so has the level of customisation that Darkys lacks (not entirely his fault). I'll report back in a couple days after I've been able to play around with it a little more.

You flashed the GB boot loaders yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

You flashed the GB boot loaders yeah?

I had them already from Darkys. All I had to do was factory reset, wipe system, wipe dvalic, and flash insanity.

I am finding wifi very weak on the phone now though. Could you recommend a better modem for me? What do you use?

I'm also slightly worried about the android system bug as it's running at >15% battery usage though further testing is required.

Advertisement