Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Just flashed..You.. Will let ye know how it performs .

Ya dirty fecker, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just flashing it now, that new Darky tool is deadly, takes all the work out of flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Within 48 hours, Darky has gone from the first beta to beta 2 to Golden, to final. It was a bit quick. I see reports of a couple of small bugs on the boards. Ones that couldnt have been spotted in just 24 hours.

I'm on 10.2 final now though. Seems to be ok for me. Not really noticing any difference except theming things.

In a couple months my next ROM may be a CM or MIUI based one for sheer customisability. Quite annoying that I have to still use the power key to turn off 3g data, or can't opt to have 3g switch to 2g data when idle. I know there are apps for those, but I'd prefer that ability baked into the ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Flashed it this morning, no wipe from Ficetos odexed JVQ. Flashed it with the new Darkys tool. Looks good so far. Ficetos was fine but I couldn't resist flashing something new.
    Some nice visual touches in it. Ill give it a week to see how it performs.

I'm on 10.2 final now though. Seems to be ok for me. Not really noticing any difference except theming things.

How`s the speed, stability, I take it that green look is still there?

Anything new in it?

What do yo mean about theming things, like over all themes or certain things?

• Advertisement

EDIT
    Scratch that, tried 10.2 again and looks like it worked...phew! Although it did lose all my apps doh!

I flashed 10.2 today, followed instructions to a T and now my phone is stuck on the first splash screen saying powered by darkcore and darkys rom!
    Thankfully I backed up using CWM prior to this and have tried restoring through CWM but phone is still stuck on that first splash!
    Anyone any idea how I can get around this?

EDIT
    Scratch that, tried 10.2 again and looks like it worked...phew! Although it did lose all my apps doh!

I flashed 10.2 today, followed instructions to a T and now my phone is stuck on the first splash screen saying powered by darkcore and darkys rom!
    Thankfully I backed up using CWM prior to this and have tried restoring through CWM but phone is still stuck on that first splash!
    Anyone any idea how I can get around this?

Here you go man, this will sort you out...

I`m not to tempted to try this yet, I`ll sit back and see what people say about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    Here you go man, this will sort you out...

I`m not to tempted to try this yet, I`ll sit back and see what people say about it...

It's not ever going to be as fast as that other ROM.

I'll never say never but I don't see myself flashing this. It'd be a backward step.

But then again I may get the itch for something different and flash this in a month or 2.

G1032 wrote: »
    It's not ever going to be as fast as that other ROM.

I'll never say never but I don't see myself flashing this. It'd be a backward step.

But then again I may get the itch for something different and flash this in a month or 2.

All of Darky`s ROM have been about the same speed, not really that fast, CM is the fastest.
    As well if you watch any of totallydubbed`s video`s, people think it`s blazingly fast, but that`s because he`s got feck all apps on there and it`s usually fresh, hardly a day on there, I`d like to see it with over a 100 apps and on it for a few weeks.

Even after a night`s sleep when I go to use it BOOM no lag fast as hell, BUT! my dock bar was gone earlier, had to reboot, had to have been a "bug" in the ROM, lol.

Even after a night`s sleep when I go to use it BOOM no lag fast as hell, BUT! my dock bar was gone earlier, had to reboot, had to have been a "bug" in the ROM, lol.

Nah
    Definitely a bad flasher........!!!!!!!:D

Also
    That link I posted earlier about the MIUI camera will probably have the FFC in a short while. There is a Beta version out with FFC at the moment

• Advertisement

Nah
    Definitely a bad flasher........!!!!!!!:D

Also
    That link I posted earlier about the MIUI camera will probably have the FFC in a short while. There is a Beta version out with FFC at the moment

I never had a problem with the FFC, only thing is, it seems a bit stretched, no big deal tough.

I never had a problem with the FFC, only thing is, it seems a bit stretched, no big deal tough.
    There is no FFC on my version of the MIUI camera.
    Where did you get it?

There is no FFC on my version of the MIUI camera.
    Where did you get it?

Here

How`s the speed, stability, I take it that green look is still there?

Anything new in it?

What do yo mean about theming things, like over all themes or certain things?

Speed and stability seem fine. Battery life has been better but I haven't gone through it yet and deleted built in apps etc and I've been using it quite heavily.

By theming it's just the green everywhere, and the transparent notification bar. I don't really notice any other difference.

Speed and stability seem fine. Battery life has been better but I haven't gone through it yet and deleted built in apps etc and I've been using it quite heavily.

By theming it's just the green everywhere, and the transparent notification bar. I don't really notice any other difference.

Do you think it`s a step up from 10.1?

Thats the old version where pressing 'Colour Effect' causes a FC.
    I don't see where to select a FFC on that............??
    I gotta use the old camera for FFC????

Thats the old version where pressing 'Colour Effect' causes a FC.
    I don't see where to select a FFC on that............??
    I gotta use the old camera for FFC????

I must have gotten them mixed up, either way I have the both of them on here, I use which ever one I click on first, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Ok so I installed 10.2 yesterday & I am disappointed to say the least. The browser is buggy as hell (white screen and brief hangups) and the entire rom feels laggy and inprecise. BLN isn't working either!

Pointless reporting any of these bugs in the xda thread, let alone on Darkys forums, lest I be shouted down by an angry rable of fan boys.

I was on 9.3 with the latest froyo speedmod kernal prior to this. I'm going to try flashing the striped down ressurection edition with odin & try another kernal on top of it.

Galaxian looks nice (lots of customizations) & seems to work on top of 10.2 (also fixes the white screen in browser), any one have other kernal recommendations or know which kernals will work with 10.2?

Simi wrote: »
    Ok so I installed 10.2 yesterday & I am disappointed to say the least. The browser is buggy as hell (white screen and brief hangups) and the entire rom feels laggy and inprecise. BLN isn't working either!

Pointless reporting any of these bugs in the xda thread, let alone on Darkys forums, lest I be shouted down by an angry rable of fan boys.

I was on 9.3 with the latest froyo speedmod kernal prior to this. I'm going to try flashing the striped down ressurection edition with odin & try another kernal on top of it.

Galaxian looks nice (lots of customizations) & seems to work on top of 10.2 (also fixes the white screen in browser), any one have other kernal recommendations or know which kernals will work with 10.2?

An Odin flash will sort you out, as for the kernel, I read this on XDA from a fan boy....Semaphore kernel 1.3.3 over on 10.2 and it is BLAZING FAST. Much faster than 2.9.2

Bet you it`s not as fast as CM! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

An Odin flash will sort you out, as for the kernel, I read this on XDA from a fan boy....Semaphore kernel 1.3.3 over on 10.2 and it is BLAZING FAST. Much faster than 2.9.2

Bet you it`s not as fast as CM! lol

Lol! Yeah I saw that comment alright. Immediately prejudiced me against it ironically. I'll flash 10.2 with odin when I'm fully charged & give it a go for 24hrs (give me a chance to try Swype beta while i'm at it).

I'll try a few kernels during the week when I get a chance. Don't mind flashing new kernels every couple of days, but i'd like a rom I can leave on for a month or so at a time. Don't like having to wipe the phone & reflash new roms constantly.

• Advertisement

Do you think it`s a step up from 10.1?

Meh, it's a step sideways. Not enough has changed. BLN works I think which is nice, but there are no lockscreens since they were acting up in the betas. Instead of fixing that, darky got rid of all of them but the one that works.

Certainly looking at CM and MIUI roms now.

Simi wrote: »

Darky - all he ever seems to do is release ROMs loaded to the hilt with bugs. It's like an ambition of his to release each ROM with more bugs than his previous one.

Ficeto had a JVQ Base ROM out. I had it for 2 or 3 weeks with JKay's Theme and Semaphore Kernel. All 5 lockscreens worked flawlessly. In fact the odexed version of the base ROM itself was flawless. It just wasn't as fast as CM7, but no other ROM is.

Semaphore kernel will give you the ability to apply your own boot animation. Not sure if the latest DC kernel can. Maybe it's updated now.

If you don't want to give CM7 a go then flash JVQ Odexed and JKays theme. You get an almost blazing fast ROM with no bugs and your lockscreens.

But give Insanity a go first if you want real speed.

I wonder sometimes, there`s more gobsh1tes that follow Darky`s ROM that could`nt be arsed reading anything, that have the problems, but there`s only a hand full it seems that say they have no problems with 10.2.

The thing I hate about Darky`s ROM`s is that they are big, to much flashy crap in it, if he took Insanitys idea, made his base ROM stable, then have all these polished bits as an optional flash for who ever wants it.

Ficeto and ceriko seem to be the backbone for Darky, no one know`s exactly who does what and how much of it they do, either way Darky seems to take a fair bit of the credit, but there`s never anything there that`s like WOW, that`s new and cool, it`s always, once they get the firmware from Samsung, they add there own touches, apart from the new Dark tool app, which is a complete rip off of Nitrality, I don`t see anything amazing that pulls me to 10.2
    All the people who work on the team remind me of car sales men, talk a lot of hype and could make you buy a lovely, crispy, nutty pile of sh1te, you don`t realise what you`ve done until there laughing at you and playing with your money, lol.
    Damn that`s a lot of thought for this time of morning, I must be coming down with a bug...

I wonder sometimes, there`s more gobsh1tes that follow Darky`s ROM that could`nt be arsed reading anything, that have the problems, but there`s only a hand full it seems that say they have no problems with 10.2.

The thing I hate about Darky`s ROM`s is that they are big, to much flashy crap in it, if he took Insanitys idea, made his base ROM stable, then have all these polished bits as an optional flash for who ever wants it.

Ficeto and ceriko seem to be the backbone for Darky, no one know`s exactly who does what and how much of it they do, either way Darky seems to take a fair bit of the credit, but there`s never anything there that`s like WOW, that`s new and cool, it`s always, once they get the firmware from Samsung, they add there own touches, apart from the new Dark tool app, which is a complete rip off of Nitrality, I don`t see anything amazing that pulls me to 10.2
    All the people who work on the team remind me of car sales men, talk a lot of hype and could make you buy a lovely, crispy, nutty pile of sh1te, you don`t realise what you`ve done until there laughing at you and playing with your money, lol.
    Damn that`s a lot of thought for this time of morning, I must be coming down with a bug...

Darky is a bit of a fraud I think. I have come across a lot of posts on XDA where people are accusing him of stealing other developers ideas/code etc.
    It sounds as if someone else does the hard work and he adds a finishing touch............ie a green theme.
    From what I can see Ficeto develops the Kernel.
    Ah, I don't know...........................don't really care either.

Darky is a bit of a fraud I think. I have come across a lot of posts on XDA where people are accusing him of stealing other developers ideas/code etc.
    It sounds as if someone else does the hard work and he adds a finishing touch............ie a green theme.
    From what I can see Ficeto develops the Kernel.
    Ah, I don't know...........................don't really care either.

I`ve thought that for a while, nothing original...the green does my tities in..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

it`s always, once they get the firmware from Samsung, they add there own touches

This would be about 99% of custom roms really.
    I like Insanity because it's based on Cyanogenmod and I can pick and choose what I want form it. But the samsung custom roms there's too much installed and would take a while unless you made a batch script to do it with each flash.

Ste- wrote: »
    This would be about 99% of custom roms really.

Another Darky fan boy......lol

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Another Darky fan boy......lol

I'd give Insanity a try if it wasn't so difficult to flash.The Insanity fan boys :Dkeep saying how good it is and they never have problems or bugs. Just read back through their posts after they flash it and it's a different story.:eek:
    So I always end up flashing Darkys. easy to flash and I've been on the latest for about 2 days now with no issues and very good battery performance.It's fast , how much faster can insanity be? When I touch an icon on the screen it opens straight away, when I scroll it scrolls straight away.How fast do you need it. It's all a matter of taste at this stage. Now I must get back to work, those Swiss students I have staying wont feed themselves....Joel... Joel dinner is ready.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

I saw a list here before of stuff you can remove from the darky rom but i cant seem to find it now, does anyone have this list? i only want the bare essentials. cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Hecklar wrote: »
    I saw a list here before of stuff you can remove from the darky rom but i cant seem to find it now, does anyone have this list? i only want the bare essentials. cheers. :)

What you need is 10.2 resurrection:

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-darkyrom-10-2-resurrection-gt-i9000.4272
    list you are looking for is also here.

Advertisement