Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Raoul wrote: »
    Jvh base? did the guide above not specify jvp? im out atm will try later

Sorry my bad your right.
    It`s been a while since I did it.
    You in the pub? lol, talking about bad flashes gone wrong with some dude at the bar, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    Far from it man, I`ve had my own feck ups.

You giving up?

JVH base-JVQ, your done, when it first was out you had to flash the kernel, but its with the latest now.

Is it not JVP base, then JVQ? Does it matter?

JVH is 2.3.3, while JVP and JVQ are 2.3.4

Ah feck. Need my phone right now. Gonna have to flash JVP again. Might try again tomorrow! I'm a failure.

Raoul
    See post #953 here
    Video guide coming out tonight showing how to flash JVQ. Might be worth a look for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cheers. will look later or in the morning. my backup of all my apps has also disappeared for no reason along with all my music. should have taken out the external sd card

Edit - Trying again. I rechecked lagfixes. I have a suspicion that despite it saying that they were on that they might not be. So I disabled them and then enable them, lets hope for the best!!

WORKED!!! WOO!!!

Here you go lads, (mainly Raoul, lol)

You can`t go wrong with this.

• Advertisement

Here you go lads, (mainly Raoul, lol)

You can`t go wrong with this.

Edit: I just remembered, when I was flashing JVQ it did get stuck at the boot screen and a reboot solved it, that`s probably what happened to you Raoul!!

God my memory is ****e!

Cheers. will look later or in the morning. my backup of all my apps has also disappeared for no reason along with all my music. should have taken out the external sd card

Edit - Trying again. I rechecked lagfixes. I have a suspicion that despite it saying that they were on that they might not be. So I disabled them and then enable them, lets hope for the best!!

WORKED!!! WOO!!!

Good stuff. How's it going for you? Do you find it fast?

Finally got my Swype working right, its smart again, lol tough it was a pain in the roll..

Darkcore 2.9 is out, flash with SGS Kernel Flasher.

Darkcore 2.9

Also Tridib ram hack, is here. It freed up 36MB for me, but give it a week before you`ll see the difference.

Instructions:
    This is a safe process. However I do not take any responsibility if your phone starts pms-ing
    Download and copy the file to sdcard. Reboot to recovery. Make a backup. Proceed with the flashing. It should take less than 5s to flash.

How to check if you have the awesome script?
    Go to system>etc>init.d - you'll see S96tridib... that's the one!

G1032 wrote: »
    Good stuff. How's it going for you? Do you find it fast?
    Was away on holidays there so didn't get a chance to reply. I must say it is very very good. Battery life seems really good. Got three days out of it, mind you I was only taking photos and not using anything else.

Will see today how it works properly.

Don't really notice a difference with the theme. Only thing that is changed is the status bar. But to be honest, I am using go launcher and I don't really get to see the effects of the theme cos of it.

• Advertisement

Don't really notice a difference with the theme. Only thing that is changed is the status bar. But to be honest, I am using go launcher and I don't really get to see the effects of the theme cos of it.

Ya. The theme gives you your modified battery icon. It also gives you the extended power menu and the 5 different lock screens.
    In the JKay theme settings app (need to download this separately but it is also in JKays first post) you can select what items you want on the extended power menu. Thats a nice feature.

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. The theme gives you your modified battery icon. It also gives you the extended power menu and the 5 different lock screens.
    In the JKay theme settings app (need to download this separately but it is also in JKays first post) you can select what items you want on the extended power menu. Thats a nice feature.

Hmmm weird, I didn't get the extended power menu! :eek: Must look into it now that I have a bit more time.

Hmmm weird, I didn't get the extended power menu! :eek: Must look into it now that I have a bit more time.

You have to install the V4 Theme Settings.apk at the bottom of post 2 in the JKay thread
    V4 is for JVQ

Yeah it worked, cheers.

Any idea how to change what the locks actually do. Like socialhub for me just unlocks the phone. How can I change that to something else? Or can it be done?

Yeah it worked, cheers.

Any idea how to change what the locks actually do. Like socialhub for me just unlocks the phone. How can I change that to something else? Or can it be done?

Socual Hub unlock will open social hub if that app is installed on your phone. If it isn't then it will just unlock the phone.
    I don't think the unlocks can be changed. Wish they could.

Well, any thoughts on 10.2 beta????

Or is that "other" ROM to good to leave, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Well, any thoughts on 10.2 beta????

Or is that "other" ROM to good to leave, lol.

It's to early for 10.2 beta for me , I like to wait for a 2nd or3rd version.

Thinking of trying that "other" rom , but every time I look at the posts from ye after ye flash it I have second thoughts. While ye all say how fast it is ye have to do an awful lot of fixing and tweeking after ye flash it.:confused:

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    It's to early for 10.2 beta for me , I like to wait for a 2nd or3rd version.

Thinking of trying that "other" rom , but every time I look at the posts from ye after ye flash it I have second thoughts. While ye all say how fast it is ye have to do an awful lot of fixing and tweeking after ye flash it.:confused:

No way man, its easy as hell, take you about 20 minutes to do.
    I did no tweaking of any sort, it is faster than any other ROM I`ve had, no ****, try it and if you`ve any questions let us know :)

A) download cmxxx
    B) download all the cm packs
    C)flash ezbase 2...allow to reboot
    D) flash cmxxx through recovery...allow to reboot
    E)go to nitrality/backup restore
    F)flash each pack..allow to reboot each time
    G)go to nitrality/apps and load apps you want (calender apps important)
    H)change dpi in nitrality ui if required

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gaffs89 viewpost.gif
    This is insanity lads!tongue.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.biggrin.gif

Its wrecking my head, its like I sort one thing out then another pops up!!

Was this not about insanity?
    Feck it I think I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Considering how long Darky has had to work on 10.2, it is only a beta and seems awfully full of problems.

I only have a couple of issues with JVP and until 10.2 is out of beta (or a more advanced beta) I'm probably going to stay put.

• Advertisement

That other rom is working better than any other rom for me apart from the battery being a bit crap.

But I did have major problems flashing it and it is a bigger pain in the hole to flash than most other roms!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Considering how long Darky has had to work on 10.2, it is only a beta and seems awfully full of problems.

I only have a couple of issues with JVP and until 10.2 is out of beta (or a more advanced beta) I'm probably going to stay put.

Has he been workign on it tho ? I heard he took a break ?!
    I also read that Facieto just relaesed his Base rom so it would seem most of the work is done by him ?

Don't get me wrong I was usign Darkys ages ago but found he took too long to get the latest up to date rom. And they did tend to be very bulky roms.

I understand the concept behind beta`s, but with the amount of people he`s got working with him I think it would be better to release it when its "stable", you`ll always have something not work with some one some where along the line.
    These beta`s draw in the masses and the forums are mad with this question and that one, then when eventually the final is released, people start to complain even more, lol
    That other rom is working better than any other rom for me apart from the battery being a bit crap.

But I did have major problems flashing it and it is a bigger pain in the hole to flash than most other roms!

It took me ages to decide which ROM to move to "that other one" or MIUI, I know I made the right choice cause MIUI is still having problems for a few, compared to the other one.
    The one thing to remember with CM is that some times you have to flash twice what ever it may be, it`s just how CM is, other than that until 10.2 is finalised, the other one is very good and worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Darky had exams, thats why he wasn't putting in the time

It is totally fair that he had exams and real life stuff that he had to stop dev for but there are more than a few devs there that should be easily able to do what darky does.

I am keeping an eye out for another ROM, but not some kiddy one. Something with real thought put into it that makes it standout from others without having to have a uber glossy theme or skulls!

It is totally fair that he had exams and real life stuff that he had to stop dev for but there are more than a few devs there that should be easily able to do what darky does.

I am keeping an eye out for another ROM, but not some kiddy one. Something with real thought put into it that makes it standout from others without having to have a uber glossy theme or skulls!

Ahem....lol

Ahem....lol

?

Is this you recommending insanity? :-D

?

Is this you recommending insanity? :-D

I don`t know is it, lol??

Just flashed Darkys 10.2 final.

You can find it here:
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/v10-2-final-what-are-you-waiting-for.4253/

Will let ye know how it performs .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Nice one, I thought Darky had given up there for a while, good to see more.

Advertisement