Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

shmeee wrote: »
    :D

It appears in battery use as *wakelock*

I haven't a clue what it is and never seen it before...

Anyone else have it in the battery use... It's supposedly app's that are left running when phone is asleep...

I`ve never seen it on my phone, lol...maybe its known as something else on mine, cell standby or phone idle??
    Anybody had issue with pairing the Galaxy S to BT carkit under Darkys Rom?

I can get it to pair the first time, but it BT is turned off on the phone or if it get disconnected due to distance it will not re-sync.
    And have to go throw the whole setup on both the carkit and phone again :/

I`ve never used the blue tooth, but I`m thinking of getting either a kit or headset, which would be the best?

As for the kit, I was looking at this kit, I find it funny when I see people walking around every where with the head set on them.

But if I was to go with one maybe this lad, but they all seem the same to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

So got my laptop from the car, downloaded 10.1 resurrection and started Odin. Phone was recognised, started the process and it has now been stuck for about 10 mins.

Dose. Any ideas?

EDIT: Turned it off and restarted via removing the battery. Seems that if the phone is in DL mode for a while before attempting to flash it can cause problems.

EDIT 2: All threads completed and phone stuck on Galaxy S logo for about 5 mins now. Can't remember if this is normal or not, been a while since I used Odin.

EDIT 3: And we're back....running Darky 10.1.

Reinstalled Titanium there, have the pro version, but it's saying that it doesn't have root access?! Seems a bit odd given I'm running a Darky Rom, any remedies?

Also, there is no option to add my facebook/twitter accounts in the account settings menu. Sorry for all the questions bt there is some good knowledge in this thread, will be sure to recycle it when I get answers!

So got my laptop from the car, downloaded 10.1 resurrection and started Odin. Phone was recognised, started the process and it has now been stuck for about 10 mins.

Dose. Any ideas?

EDIT: Turned it off and restarted via removing the battery. Seems that if the phone is in DL mode for a while before attempting to flash it can cause problems.

Nice find man I did`nt know that.

It`s hard waiting for it to boot up fully, not knowing if it`s worked or not, lol.
    Reinstalled Titanium there, have the pro version, but it's saying that it doesn't have root access?! Seems a bit odd given I'm running a Darky Rom, any remedies?

Also, there is no option to add my facebook/twitter accounts in the account settings menu. Sorry for all the questions bt there is some good knowledge in this thread, will be sure to recycle it when I get answers!

When you slapped on Titty, did you press the problems button?
    Also are you on the latest Darkcore?

lewis wrote: »
    Nice find man I did`nt know that.

It`s hard waiting for it to boot up fully, not knowing if it`s worked or not, lol.

When you slapped on Titty, did you press the problems button?
    Also are you on the latest Darkcore?

Yup, hit problems. No dice. Despite having bought the Pro Version I seem to be using the basic one aswell, odd.

This is my set-up right now

164554.png

• Advertisement

Flash DC 2.7.3

Flash DC 2.7.3

Do you have a link to download it that isn't a torrent? Cheers for the help!

Do you have a link to download it that isn't a torrent? Cheers for the help!

Here you go

Sweet, I can just flash this from CWM/Recovery menu, correct?

Sweet, I can just flash this from CWM/Recovery menu, correct?

Use SGS Kernel Flasher from the market.

• Advertisement

Use SGS Kernel Flasher from the market.

Done, but still no option to add fbook/twitter accounts. :confused:

You sure you have them installed?

You sure you have them installed?

Restarted and they were back. Cheers.

Only problem remaining is battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

OK
    I've given JVP one final go. Maybe 3rd time lucky...................:)

So about 24 hours into my 3rd stint with JVP.
    Running very smoothly so far I must say. Long may it last........

Only hiccup so far was with the Market App. A few hours after installation it wouldn't launch for me. Got an 'error launching application' meaasge.

Went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications but the Market App wasn't there.

So I downloaded it from internet and reinstalled it and all has been fine since

G1032 wrote: »
    OK
    I've given JVP one final go. Maybe 3rd time lucky...................:)

Good man, 3 is a good number.
    So about 24 hours into my 3rd stint with JVP.
    Running very smoothly so far I must say. Long may it last........

Only hiccup so far was with the Market App. A few hours after installation it wouldn't launch for me. Got an 'error launching application' meaasge.

Went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications but the Market App wasn't there.

So I downloaded it from internet and reinstalled it and all has been fine since

Just remember that it`s still a beta, I`ve never read that error about the market, people having problems downloading from the market all right...

I`m really bored with my set up now, can`t be arsed to set up my home screens all nice, I`m bordering on flashing Insanity CM, people, not to many have been saying the battery life is improving.

Darky`s not really saying to much about the progress with JVP, it does`nt seem to be looking to good...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »
    Did you install it? How is it?

Tried to twice but it just hung on the Galaxy S screen after first boot both times. Don't know what I did wrong to be honest.
    It didn't bother me too much cos it's not a deodexed ROM so probably wouldn't have been able to theme it

(Firstly I flashed the kernel onto my JVP base, the flashed ficetos' JVQ base via recovery. That didn't work. Then I flashed JVQ from samfirmware.com, then flashed DC 2.8, and then Ficeto's version. That didn't work!!! The samfirmware version worked fine but thats not rooted or anything......just a stock)

Edit:
    Just saw on the ficeto thread to enable lagfix and then flash via recovery. I'll try that now.

YA. Flashed it with lagfix enabled and everything was fine. Did a factory reset first.

• Advertisement

Did you install it? How is it?

Very smooth. Fast. Big change to the Browser. Much better now. I'm going to use this instead of Dolphin for a while now.
    No Android System Battery drain bug with JVQ

There`s not that much difference really, slightly better browsing and better HSDPA speeds.

I`ll hold on to my JVP for the moment, if there`s no big improvement what`the point?
    But I am thinking of flashing a different ROM.

There`s not that much difference really, slightly better browsing and better HSDPA speeds.

I`ll hold on to my JVP for the moment, if there`s no big improvement what`the point?
    But I am thinking of flashing a different ROM.

Android System battery drain is fixed.
    That returned on my phone out of nowhere yesterday. Android system battery usage was +30%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Does anyone else get the feeling that Samsung have one guy working on the SGS software now?

I just hope Darky or someone else produces and improved version of this soon. Though I haven't had the android system bug since I deleted all the samsung sync things with nitrality.

Android System battery drain is fixed.
    That returned on my phone out of nowhere yesterday. Android system battery usage was +30%

I take it you did that Android OS bug guide thing yolk a while back, that did the job for me.

I take it you did that Android OS bug guide thing yolk a while back, that did the job for me.

Ya. Did all that and the bug went away but it just came back itself then. So i just started searching xda to get more info on it and then saw the link to the new JVQ. So I just flashed that cos Darky said that the battery drain bug wasn't on JVQ.
    Found a deodexed version since and have got the 9 lockscreens and battery icon mod so I'm happy enough now with JVQ.
    Haven't tried the GPS yet but I'd say it'll be grand
    10.2 will be based on JVQ

Jaysus I`m itching to flash my phone with something, it was either Insanity but I doubt that`s going to happen, I love that thread by the way, or Galnet MIUI ROM, I might go with Galnet, it looks nice and seems different.

I just wish Samsung would release a STABLE ROM, there`s to many of these JVH/JVP/JVQ/JCB ROM`s out there..

Jaysus I`m itching to flash my phone with something, it was either Insanity but I doubt that`s going to happen, I love that thread by the way, or Galnet MIUI ROM, I might go with Galnet, it looks nice and seems different.

I just wish Samsung would release a STABLE ROM, there`s to many of these JVH/JVP/JVQ/JCB ROM`s out there..

I know how you feel, have you even got a decent theme to flash?

Im on darkys ee and darkcore 2.6

I know how you feel, have you even got a decent theme to flash?

Im on darkys ee and darkcore 2.6

I`m not to worried about themes now, I`m after a good ROM, I`m looking for something different...

• Advertisement

I meant for me lewis while I also wait for something new. I have zero complaints about darkys though ha. Just want something fresh. God I love android

Advertisement