Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone ever buy a replacement battery for the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Yes. An original Samsung one. It works, surprisingly enough.

RangeR wrote: »
    Yes. An original Samsung one. It works, surprisingly enough.

Where did you get it and how much did you pay ? There are a good few of them around.

I found this one http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/20463609/731233897/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-i9100-Replacement-Rechargable-Battery-1800-mAh/ListingDetails.html?searchstring=samsung+galaxy+battery&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search and Im wondering if it would be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

I bought a pack of 2 on ebay. Cheap knock offs, i think i paid $4, but i never had any problem with them. I only used them as back ups tho.

Amazon. Just do a search for Genuine Samsung Galaxy S Battery. I got it with the stand for about €25 but I don't think that combo is available anymore.

I'd stay away from cheap batteries. For the sake of an extra €10 or whatever more for a genuine battery, over the $4 mentioned.... The phone cost hundreds....

• Advertisement

Am on ICS and everytime I switch off Wifi, it won't turn on again unless I do a phone restart. Anyone experienced this or know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

I bought a SGS2 and its come with GB 2.3.4, Would you guys recommend updating to ICS or is GB better?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rommy

Id recommend ics as its better newer but in saying that gb is quite kool as well :) what im not happy about though is the info that sgs2 wont get a jellybean rls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'd stay with Gingerbread. Ics is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I posted about a problem I am having with my phone a few weeks back and I'm still having awful trouble getting it sorted.

I since created a consumer affairs thread to get advice on how to deal with it. I am having the same issues as a few I read about on boards (2 examples off the back of my original post below) and many from google searches but O2/Fonemenders have come back to say it's Liquid Damage, not covered by warranty.

O2 straight off told me the best I can do is recycle the phone (losing €300 of the value I spent on the phone) yet I read about others getting the USB port fixed and this solution wasn't offered, even for an out of warranty price. I'm sick to death of it.

Sorry just had to rant in a thread.
    Hey,

I had problems with my Galaxy S2 a few months ago where it was going haywire thinking it was charging when it wasn't, refusing to turn off, going into driving mode for no reason etc. I brought it to Fonemenders and they replaced the USB port and it was all fine. No charge as it was under warranty.

I'm getting similar problems now where it thinks it charging and also every minute a thing pops up saying "Charging paused - voltage too high". This is really annoying! Just wondering if I bring it to Fonemenders again will they fix it if still under warranty or can you only get it fixed once?

Why the hell is the USB port so sensitive! Would put me off getting another Samsung.
    roarlad wrote: »
    Had a very similar issue, mine also used to say Voltage High, Charging is stopped.
    Sent it for repair, the micro usb/charging slot need a replacement part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Anybody using Checkrom V7? Trying to figure how to get screenshot function working again via kitchen pro but no luck yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Recently started getting notifications for ringtones and live wallpaper. Its very annoying, the notifications come about every half an hour.
    Anyone know how to stop this ?

MJ23 wrote: »
    Recently started getting notifications for ringtones and live wallpaper. Its very annoying, the notifications come about every half an hour.
    It's probably to do with a recent app that you have installed. Some apps are terrible for this. There's an app on the play store called adAway which should solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

MJ23 wrote: »

If your rooted, download air blocker
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.byq.airblockerblocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Now that the S3 is well an truly out there is nowhere selling the S2 cheaper?

I would have thought we would have seen prices new being about €250 - €300 but everywhere I look you are still talking about €350 to €500!!!

Anyone know where to get the S2 for the right price today?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

reni10 wrote: »
    Now that the S3 is well an truly out there is nowhere selling the S2 cheaper?

I would have thought we would have seen prices new being about €250 - €300 but everywhere I look you are still talking about €350 to €500!!!

Anyone know where to get the S2 for the right price today?

I've noticed this myself, OK it might have dropped €50 or something but nothing major, I notice on eBay however they have dropped quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GabriellaLee

Android Smartphone are the best in 2012 market and it is booming right now. There are characteristics of the brand many new users love. I would recommend you samsung galaxy S2. It is a mobile with lots of high end features. It is the more reasonable choice if you are looking for clear skype video calls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone else having trouble loading boards in there browser?the site will not load at all for me

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

anyone else having trouble loading boards in there browser?the site will not load at all for me

Yeah wIth dolphin hd on the s3 it's not loading the full page content if it loads at all, but mobile site on stock browser still ok.

I've noticed this myself, OK it might have dropped €50 or something but nothing major, I notice on eBay however they have dropped quite a bit.

Supply and Demand. The price won't drop until sales take a dive. People are still willing to pay a premium for the SGS2. It's still a high end phone and beats the **** out of most out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well after upgrading to ICS from the page before, I'm not impressed.

My battery is lasting less then 4 hours before going dry, when it was lasting much longer.

Looking at battery stats

OS = 27%
    Screen 25%
    Exchange services 20%

Exchange is my email, shouldnt be that high
    Operating system is 6% on mates phones, so problem there.

Have gotten apps that show more details and nothing standing out.

Going to redo the firmware upgrade now, and go through deleting cache **** to see if it helps.

Unfortunately ODIN acting the dick again similar to what I posted on page before, but the post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79400582&postcount=3927

isnt working as it did before : /

Getting ODIN to recognise it for a split second.

When connecting in download mode ( after installing drivers with kies) Windows still wants to install drivers. I click skip obtaining and it installs a driver which recognises it.

Then it installs something else, Samsung mobile usb modem 3 and ODIN doesnt recognise it. I've uninstalled this driver and it keeps reinstalling it : /

UPDATE***

Still displaying for a split second then gone. Getting annoyed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Turn OFF usb debugging, this will confuse things and install a different driver. Do install Kies - this gives you the download driver. Then CLOSE Kies - Odin won't work if it's running.

Things running a bit better, just deleted user data and basically formatted the phone, seems to be much more battery life now. Probably a dodgy app or some ****

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

Its a nice phone.
    but I like SIII, which is now becoming so much popular

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Its a nice phone.
    but I like SIII, which is now becoming so much popular
    While I agree the S3 is nice, and faster etc. Personally I think its just that little bit too big at this stage. For now the size of the S2 is about as big as I want to go.

Top Dog wrote: »
    While I agree the S3 is nice, and faster etc. Personally I think its just that little bit too big at this stage. For now the size of the S2 is about as big as I want to go.

SGS2 is a totally great phone, in pretty much every way.
    However, the physical dimensions of the SGS3 compared to SGS2 are negligible. The screen size is much bigger, but Sammy tones down the bevel so the actual total surface area isn't that much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

However, the physical dimensions of the SGS3 compared to SGS2 are negligible. The screen size is much bigger, but Sammy tones down the bevel so the actual total surface area isn't that much bigger.
    I am fully agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I've played with the 2 side by side, and I can't really agree that the difference is negligible. For a long time I thought the S2 was too big for a phone, so perhaps in time I might warm to the size of the S3.

At the moment I just kinda think, if you're going to go that big - why not just buy a Galaxy Note and be done with it? :)

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    I've played with the 2 side by side, and I can't really agree that the difference is negligible. For a long time I thought the S2 was too big for a phone, so perhaps in time I might warm to the size of the S3.

At the moment I just kinda think, if you're going to go that big - why not just buy a Galaxy Note and be done with it? :)

I've seen a note. Now THAT's a beast of a lard arse

Advertisement