Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Finally, Sky Go works on ICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dempsey wrote: »
    Finally, Sky Go works on ICS!

Still doesn't work on Tesco mobile :rolleyes:

ShaneU wrote: »
    Still doesn't work on Tesco mobile :rolleyes:

What version is Tesco Mobile running, im running the latest from Vodafone which is 4.0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Jelly bean will be out shortly. 4.1

What version is Tesco Mobile running, im running the latest from Vodafone which is 4.0.3
    My phone is sim free with a tesco sim in it. I'm on 4.0.3 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Anyone having problem with random shut downs? Meteor phone

tiny timy wrote: »
    Jelly bean will be out shortly. 4.1

Judging by how long it took Samsung to release ICS I'm not holding my breath.

My phone is sim free with a tesco sim in it. I'm on 4.0.3 too.

And you installed the Sky Go update that was released today? (stupid question but have to ask)

EDIT

It was released friday but only showed up as a app with an update today for me

And you installed the Sky Go update that was released today? (stupid question but have to ask)

EDIT

It was released friday but only showed up as a app with an update today for me

Yep still getting the "it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming" error.

Yep still getting the "it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming" error.

I never got a roaming error. When I chose the channel I wanted to view, I got a this version is not supported error.

• Advertisement

The error has nothing to do with ICS, it's with tesco mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Battery problems seemed to be sorted after user data wipe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Guys, my sister is after dropping her s2 and although the screen is not cracked, it is not working properly. When turned on, it is clear that the screen is doing something but its only sort of a blur, some elements of what is meant to be going on are visible,its sort of hard to explain. Has anyone heard of this, and more importantly, is the phone a total write off?

Thanks

Edit: Image of screen added below

7640140226_feb624fb40_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Guys, my sister is after dropping her s2 and although the screen is not cracked, it is not working properly. When turned on, it is clear that the screen is doing something but its only sort of a blur, some elements of what is meant to be going on are visible,its sort of hard to explain. Has anyone heard of this, and more importantly, is the phone a total write off?

Thanks

The screen is damaged even though there is no cracks visible. You can get a replacement screen on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I've been noticing an annoying feature since updating to ICS. There seems to be some setting that brings the browser back to the top of the screen if you shake the phone. Maybe not a bad feature to have but it seems to work most when you don't want it to. The worst is when I am travelling on a coach with free wifi and trying to browse on the journey. It just becomes impossible because any slight shudder of the bus brings you right back to the top the of the screen. It's the same in a car. I've looked in the browser settings and general phone settings and I can't see any way to turn this off. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

settings -> motion -> untick motion activation

might do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

zuroph wrote: »
    settings -> motion -> untick motion activation

might do the trick
    Tried it in the car this morning and it seems to work. I had seen that earlier but I wasn't happy about losing the ability to mute an incoming call by just flipping the phone over. But I guess it's no real hardship to just switch it off if I'm on a coach or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What browser are most of yopu folk using these days?

I was on boat browser for a while, but since ICS, it just became painful to use.

Been on Quick ICS for a while, but tbh its just a snappier version of stock. It doesnt seem to adjust the text on pages to view using a mobile either, resulting in constant scrolling from left to right to actually read the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dolphin hd , love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Ghandee wrote: »
    What browser are most of yopu folk using these days?

I was on boat browser for a while, but since ICS, it just became painful to use.

Been on Quick ICS for a while, but tbh its just a snappier version of stock. It doesnt seem to adjust the text on pages to view using a mobile either, resulting in constant scrolling from left to right to actually read the text.

Can't go wrong with Chrome.

Easily best browser I've used on a phone, especially handy for syncing with the desktop version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've been noticing an annoying feature since updating to ICS. There seems to be some setting that brings the browser back to the top of the screen if you shake the phone. Maybe not a bad feature to have but it seems to work most when you don't want it to. The worst is when I am travelling on a coach with free wifi and trying to browse on the journey. It just becomes impossible because any slight shudder of the bus brings you right back to the top the of the screen. It's the same in a car. I've looked in the browser settings and general phone settings and I can't see any way to turn this off. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

I was just thinking the same On my recent bus journey home from town,only updated yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

settings -> motion -> untick motion activation Gg

might do the trick
    Tried it in the car this morning and it seems to work. I had seen that earlier but I wasn't happy about losing the ability to mute an incoming call by just flipping the phone over. But I guess it's no real hardship to just switch it off if I'm on a coach or something.

Just push one of the volume up or down keys and it mutes an unwanted call,no need to be flipping the phone over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

dolphin hd , love it
    Same as - been using it since I got the phone back in September. Have tried stock & Chrome but kept going back to Dolphin.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What's everyone's ROM of choice these days?

Last one I installed via ODIN was 4.0.3 XXLPQ from Intratech over on XDA, though it seems he's moved onto the SGS3 now.

I'm finding 4.0.3 a bit laggy and unresponsive when coming out of lock screen. SOmetimes it's totally unresponsive and can't swipe to answer a call.

I'd ideally like a ROM that'll just install with ODIN as per usual, but not like some that seem to require unofficial workarounds to get access to Play store.

I realise 4.0.4 is out, and some claim it fixes lag issues. However, I can't seem to find a basic good version that will work here, in the minefield that is XDA!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Android Os is up at 67% battery usage :O

Just as a matter of interest, if its based on the usage over how long the phone is on, how often do people turn their phone off?

I turned mine off last night to see what the stats came in as, and its been on about 8 hours now and thats the battery usage for the OS, seems so high.

Must be an app or something going mental, its stupidly concerning at this point, although have to say I dont notice the battery dwindling away as it did before.

Normal days use seems to have resumed, the battery drops to about 10-20% late on in the evening, around 10PM, which was normal before, then its thrown on charge through the night, and I get the full use again during the day. Which is fine,

But ever since the battery issues previous, I've been constantly checking the battery stats, and since it appears different to others, I'm concered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I never turn off my phone. I just turn on and off services at certain times or locations.
    RangeR wrote: »
    Install Llama. You can configure it to turn on/off services based on location and/or time.

6:30am : Turn off Flight mode : Turn off 3G : Turn on wifi, set profile to quiet, turn on bluetooth
    8am : Turn off wifi : Turn on 3G : Set Profile to normal/Outdoor
    6pm : Turn on wifi : Turn off 3G : Set profile to quiet
    11PM : Turn on Flight Mode : Set profile to silent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah, Android OS seems to go mad occasionally for me and eats up the battery, not very often though.
    I think it's a wake lock thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Hi, i must be missing something obvious here but i can't find this option anywhere.

My mother has a s2 with ICS (4.0.3 i think). Is there an option to auto screen lock?
    i can see there's auto dim, and that's working fine, but there doesn't seem to be the option in the security menu to active a screen lock automatically after 1 minute.

Thanks,
    MiCr0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Hi, i must be missing something obvious here but i can't find this option anywhere.

My mother has a s2 with ICS (4.0.3 i think). Is there an option to auto screen lock?
    i can see there's auto dim, and that's working fine, but there doesn't seem to be the option in the security menu to active a screen lock automatically after 1 minute.

Thanks,
    MiCr0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

MiCr0 wrote: »

Thanks,
    MiCr0

System Menu -> Display -> Screen Timeout

Options from 15 seconds to 10 minutes of inactivity. If you have screenlock set, it kicks in every time the screen is turned off by manually or auto.

Advertisement