Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

My phone has being going a bit iffy lately.

Stock firmware, rooted and jaykay installed.

• Every so often phone gets very hot at the back (around the camera area)
    • Occasional unresponsive screen (forces reboot each time)
    • Battery drain (use task killer, clear all apps and memory but it persists)
    • Recent, problem of phone freezing at, say 46% battery, restart phone and battery is at 13% :confused:
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try another ROM - currently using RR!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ghandee wrote: »

• Recent, problem of phone freezing at, say 46% battery, restart phone and battery is at 13% :confused:
    Any ideas?

What services do you run when this happens [WIFI, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, Video Camera, SatNav]. Is the phone in an enclosed space [car]? And charging at the same time?

I know my SGS2 [and 3] gets quite hot if I have it in the car while recording Video. Burns through the CPU and Battery

I know on my SGS2, when I had the phone in the car dock, and either Video recorder or GPS Sat Nav burned more power than the charger could give. It would last me the journey but I'd always arrive at my destination with less juice than I started. If I don't put the charger in, It obviously is in a worse power state,

Darky Rom [Alliance-Rom]. Never steered me wrong.

RangeR wrote: »
    What services do you run when this happens [WIFI, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, Video Camera, SatNav]. Is the phone in an enclosed space [car]? And charging at the same time?

I know my SGS2 [and 3] gets quite hot if I have it in the car while recording Video. Burns through the CPU and Battery

I know on my SGS2, when I had the phone in the car dock, and either Video recorder or GPS Sat Nav burned more power than the charger could give. It would last me the journey but I'd always arrive at my destination with less juice than I started. If I don't put the charger in, It obviously is in a worse power state,

Hi, phone was on wifi, in living room.
    Think only service I was using (actively) was the browser Ics+ (prob a few running in the background though)

Can I ask though, why do you use video camera when driving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

does anyone use pattern lock on an ICS rom?

i've had a couple of custom and currently on rooted stock, maybe 40-50% of the time the pattern lock will not work. the phone reacts as if i am lifting my finger off the screen after dragging to one of the indicators. its very frustrating and has led to my phone being locked for 30 seconds on more than one occasion.

it never happened on GB, so its either something to do with ICS or a coincidental hardware issue thats occured since i upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

subway wrote: »
    does anyone use pattern lock on an ICS rom?

i've had a couple of custom and currently on rooted stock, maybe 40-50% of the time the pattern lock will not work. the phone reacts as if i am lifting my finger off the screen after dragging to one of the indicators. its very frustrating and has led to my phone being locked for 30 seconds on more than one occasion.

it never happened on GB, so its either something to do with ICS or a coincidental hardware issue thats occured since i upgraded.

This happens to me quite a lot too. On stock ICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Any ideas?

Install the app Watchdog Lite. Something is killing the CPU in your phone. I had to do the same and it turned out to be a dodgy app. Watchdog will keep things under control (hopefully) until you find the app causing the problem and uninstall it.

Can I ask though, why do you use video camera when driving?

Dashcam in case of another motor accident. The last and only one I was in, wasn't my fault, to an extent. Motorist on outer lane dangerously cut across the vehicle in front of me to the slip road. Very tight. I smacked into the back of the innocent party. Dangerous driver just kept on going. Cost my insurer over €4000 - €5000 payout.

Technically I was in the wrong but.....

Used in conjunction with this [SGS2] and this [SGS3]. Made easier with this, this and this.

Gah, dont press home 4 times quickly! (press 4 times to undo)
    You learn someing new every day :)

• Advertisement

kyub wrote: »
    Install the app Watchdog Lite. Something is killing the CPU in your phone. I had to do the same and it turned out to be a dodgy app. Watchdog will keep things under control (hopefully) until you find the app causing the problem and uninstall it.

Four times in less than 24hrs that app has reported that the Facebook app its the one misbehaving. :mad:

Delete so......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It might just need to be reinstalled and also make sure you're using the latest version of it. ;)

try clearing data too

Thanks guys.

New problem now though.

Trying to download apps, always results I'm the error 'couldn't instal on USB or sd.card' plenty of free space on both.

Sorted it subway.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Four times in less than 24hrs that app has reported that the Facebook app its the one misbehaving. :mad:

Delete so......
    Just make sure to use the Back button to close out the FaceBook app when you're finished reading was enough to solve it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Just got the 4.0.4 update. Its a very nice update, made my phone noticeably quicker anyway. Some small things too, new grid lock screen, battery percentage in task bar, redesigned drop down menu. I was able to update with the phones update facility so no Kies involved :)

Anyone on 4.0.3 should be getting this asap!

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/Samsung-is-rolling-out-Official-ICS-4-0-4-Update-to-Galaxy-S2-I9100-Change-log

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Just got the 4.0.4 update. Its a very nice update, made my phone noticeably quicker anyway. Some small things too, new grid lock screen, battery percentage in task bar, redesigned drop down menu. I was able to update with the phones update facility so no Kies involved :)

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/Samsung-is-rolling-out-Official-ICS-4-0-4-Update-to-Galaxy-S2-I9100-Change-log
    Not available on my SIM free phone yet ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Not available on my SIM free phone yet ;(
    I know its very fresh still. I checked last night and there was nothing, then checked again this morning and it was

• Advertisement

its on samfirmware!

Thanks Zonda.

What exactly is the redesigned drop down menu?

Mine looks exactly like.before?

screenshot2012080307481.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aimery

Samsung Galaxy S III looks also good, I like it.

:mad:Edit.

Don't seem to have blue tooth either.

Deal breaker for me, use the phone for work, now have to drive all day without Bluetooth :mad:

:mad:Edit.

Don't seem to have blue tooth either.

Deal breaker for me, use the phone for work, now have to drive all day without Bluetooth :mad:

Something is wrong. I have ICS on SGS2 and Bluetooth works fine. Are you stock or custom?

RangeR wrote: »
    Something is wrong. I have ICS on SGS2 and Bluetooth works fine. Are you stock or custom?

On stock, but it was the latest 4.04 update.

I'm rooted, have titanium backup, do just hope I didn't freeze our uninstall a Bluetooth app by mistake :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else think the battery goes down alot quicker since updating to 4.04?I only charged it yesterday barely used the thing today and its down to 17% already?also It takes ages to pick up my wifi signal if I've been out for a bit,very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

Anyone else think the battery goes down alot quicker since updating to 4.04?I only charged it yesterday barely used the thing today and its down to 17% already?also It takes ages to pick up my wifi signal if I've been out for a bit,very annoying

For me personally ICS battery life in general has been poor on both 4.0.3 and 04 compared to Gingerbread, I float between 2.3.4 and CM9 on ICS, CM9 is certainly better than stock ICS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also the wifi keeps disconnecting since 4.0.4,is this an issue for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Have the S3 for about a month now, love the phone but I'm having a problem with the volume rocker. It feels like it's been tightly wedged into the body of the phone and if I tap the volume up, goes all the way up straight away. Was thinking there's no "rebound" from perssing the button because it's so tight.
    Anyone else having a similar problem?

Advertisement