Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

When I am on the phone at the other end people can barely hear what I am saying. What do ye reckon lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

closeline wrote: »
    When I am on the phone at the other end people can barely hear what I am saying. What do ye reckon lads?
    Hold it differently, my GF is always at me for this. Cup your hand around it and hold it right to your face, not tilted out at all.

That post sounds filthy out of context

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I'm having an annoying problem my 3g keeps coming back on even after I have deactivated it when I switch to wifi any help thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

This may sound ridiculous but how do you know when you're using free Wi-Fi or your Vodafone GB's??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Where's the best place to buy the SII now unlocked and without contract?

Has the price fallen since the SIII was released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

WHAT???????

Sorry, couldn't help it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    This may sound ridiculous but how do you know when you're using free Wi-Fi or your Vodafone GB's??

The data icon on top is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Anyone else having this problem with their S2?

It happened first on Sunday while I was on holiday. I had it charging and when I unplugged it the phone started having a spa attack, the media scanner continuously running, the phone making the "plugged in/out" sound, the phone won't go to sleep, if you shut it down it restarts. Texts come through in the summary but not in the Inbox. It seems to be a recent problem and googling for an answer isn't coming up with one.

Here is another with exact same problem, no resolution.

I removed the sim and put it in an old phone i brought with me and later that night I replaced it back in the S2 and it was working ok. Now today it has started acting up after I unplugged it from charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

It happened first on Sunday while I was on holiday. I had it charging and when I unplugged it the phone started having a spa attack, the media scanner continuously running, the phone making the "plugged in/out" sound, the phone won't go to sleep, if you shut it down it restarts. Texts come through in the summary but not in the Inbox. It seems to be a recent problem and googling for an answer isn't coming up with one.

I removed the sim and put it in an old phone i brought with me and later that night I replaced it back in the S2 and it was working ok. Now today it has started acting up after I unplugged it from charging.

Had a very similar issue, mine also used to say Voltage High, Charging is stopped.
    Sent it for repair, the micro usb/charging slot need a replacement part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Were they in Poznań or Gdańsk? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to ICS (via KIES), since then any contacts which were on my SIM card as well as the phone are only showing up as a number (no name or picture) in messaging app. To get around this I deleted all contacts from my sim card so that there would be no duplicates. The problem is still there! Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

micro USB is fckued, same as mine. if you can, send it back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

micro USB is fckued, same as mine. if you can, send it back

This seems to be a problem that is only occurring recently amongst all sorts of users around. My friend has a Galaxy S1 and it's started happening to her lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Any hope of samsung releasing a software update in the future? The problem with ics is extremely annoying. Phone switching off regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chakwal

hi,

i have got samsung galaxy sII. it gets stucks at times. I need to power off and on (restart) and then it starts working. what should I do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just tidied(read: changed to zeam) and configured the mothers new work phone(Desire S had a bit of a bump), a GS2. She had a GS1 but didnt like it but I have to say the GS2 really is lovely.

Everythings working fine(she loves the ICS face unlock) but I just noticed a load of dev options in settings, is this a touchwiz standard(SE user myself) or has she got some sort of branded(voda) dev phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

ED E wrote: »
    Everythings working fine(she loves the ICS face unlock) but I just noticed a load of dev options in settings, is this a touchwiz standard(SE user myself) or has she got some sort of branded(voda) dev phone?
    Nope, that should be there as far as I know, it was kinda hidden away in Gingerbread (2.3) but they moved it in main settings list for ICS I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Nope, that should be there as far as I know, it was kinda hidden away in Gingerbread (2.3) but they moved it in main settings list for ICS I think.

Grand, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am having issues with the battery on my S2. I have the phone a year now. The phone is getting v hot at times. I have had to let the battery die completely and then recharge it. I did this again last night. I started browsing at 11am. It is 11.50 now and the battery is over half down. Before I only had to charge it every night.
    Is there a warranty on the battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Got a Samsung s2 2 weeks ago. Have to say, it's the best phone I've ever had. Love it.

• Advertisement

I took the phone into the vodafone store and I have been told that the battery problems are because I haven't upgraded the phone to ICS. I was told that the vodafone network are no longer supporting the old honeycomb OS and thus the phone is having to work harder to get a signal. I don't know if this is complete BS or not. I have to connect my phone to PC and download the ICS software through KIES.
    Has anyone else being told this and has it worked?
    Apparently a lot of people have had similar issues.

I took the phone into the vodafone store and I have been told that the battery problems are because I haven't upgraded the phone to ICS. I was told that the vodafone network are no longer supporting the old honeycomb OS and thus the phone is having to work harder to get a signal. I don't know if this is complete BS or not. I have to connect my phone to PC and download the ICS software through KIES.
    That is such BS! You should put that in the Vodafone forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Sounds like complete rubbish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Utter toss! Just trying to fob you off! :mad:

I was thinking it was BS as what he said didn't tally with what was happening with my phone. It seems they want to wipe their hands of battery issues. He said to me that the warranty on the battery is 6 months. Is this true?
    I'd imagine lots of other people are having similar issues.
    What is so good about this ICS update? I have noticed people here having a lot of problems after updating to ICS, thus I was avoiding it.
    What options do you have if the battery is just failing. Btw i have everything on power save mode. Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth are always off unless needed which is rare enough, unless i'm using Wifi for a few mins to upload pictures etc.
    How much would a new battery cost?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

"Honeycomb"
    Ha, Honeycomb was never on the SGS2, it was the tablet only version of Android.

I believe they were talking out of their rear ends.

Sorry he said the older version before ICS. I thought this was honeycomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Sorry he said the older version before ICS. I thought this was honeycomb.
    Gingerbread came before ICS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I was thinking it was BS as what he said didn't tally with what was happening with my phone. It seems they want to wipe their hands of battery issues. He said to me that the warranty on the battery is 6 months. Is this true?

That's a fantastic BS story. Name and shame the Vodafone store!
    What is so good about this ICS update? I have noticed people here having a lot of problems after updating to ICS, thus I was avoiding it.
    Well there's some new features but I don't see the point in upgrading either. People just like having the latest version of things. For phones, I think you should just use the major software that comes with it. So I'm buying an S3 to test ICS apps on and leaving 2.3 on my Galaxy s2
    What options do you have if the battery is just failing. Btw i have everything on power save mode. Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth are always off unless needed which is rare enough, unless i'm using Wifi for a few mins to upload pictures etc.
    How much would a new battery cost?

Thanks

Are you 100% sure it's the battery? What happens when you charge it, does it charge fully and how long does it take?

If it is the battery, new batteries are dirt cheap. Here's one I bought from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-1900mAh-Battery-GT-I9100-EB-F1A2GBU/dp/B00567Y7A6/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_2

It has a bit more juice than the stock battery. If you buy 2, they work out at €14 each before delivery, and they throw in a free charger as well. I keep a fully charged spare battery in my wallet for long journeys and stuff, very handy.

• Advertisement

That is not a samsung battery though. The warranty on the phone would be invalid.
    My phone wont charge. It will only charge if the phone is turned off. Im only getting an hr to hr and a half of surfing and phone is getting hot. The battery is discharging v quickly. Signs of a battery that has been recharged too many times??

Advertisement